3-tournament Israeli series in Eilat in January-February of 2013 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 25th, 2012, 03:52 AM   #1
country flag shirgan

shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future
3-tournament Israeli series in Eilat in January-February of 2013

I think Israeli organizers are beginning to smarten up!

2 tournaments have been scheduled in Eilat for the end of January to precede the fed cup competition to be held on 6-9 of Februray (taking place in Eilat as well)
a 10k starting on the 21st of January
and a 75k(!) starting on the 28th of January
shirgan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 24th, 2013, 12:12 AM   #2
country flag Archer16

Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 3-tournament Israeli series in Eilat in January-February of 2013

Let's hope the 75K - a great idea and a very welcome debut - will bring us more to talk about as far as the local players are concerned.

Sure this 10K was probably the strongest ever held in Israel, with the top two seeds as last minute qualifying entries, but that does not justify winning a grand total of zero MD matches against guest players and this R2 showing totalling 5 games in 4 matches
Archer16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26th, 2013, 11:18 PM   #3
country flag shirgan

shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future shirgan has a brilliant future

Another 3-tournament series, all 10ks in Netanya this time from the 25th of February onwards.
Good job for the organizers
Old Feb 26th, 2013, 11:23 PM   #4
country flag shirgan

And another one from April 22nd onwards in Ashkelon!

Wow, I think the amount of Israeli tournaments this years is record breaking!
Old Feb 27th, 2013, 12:57 AM   #5
country flag Archer16

Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute

The cynical way to look at it is to say "who are these for?" as the locals can't get past the 2nd round (usually not even that), but one can hope it will bear fruits in the long run.
Old Jun 16th, 2013, 10:21 PM   #6
country flag Archer16

Quote:
Originally Posted by shirgan View Post
And another one from April 22nd onwards in Ashkelon!

Wow, I think the amount of Israeli tournaments this years is record breaking!
It certainly is: already 10 tournaments this year, way more than ever before, and we're only mid-June.
It sure helped Khazaniuk and Tour to boost up their rankings
It remains to be seen if it will have a real effect over time.
Old Oct 21st, 2013, 10:49 PM   #7
country flag Archer16

After that boost in the first half of the year there's been a major decline (not to say halt) in activity afterwards and this week's Hertzliya 25K seems to be the only tournament to be held here since early June, with nothing planned for the rest of the year either (save the national championships in December as usual).

http://www.itftennis.com/procircuit/...ate=31-12-2013