Caro goals for 2013 suggestions thread - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 21st, 2012, 06:01 PM   #1
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute
Caro goals for 2013 suggestions thread

All players should have goals. Some are day to day. Some for the year. Some very attainable. Some very diificult and odds against actually achieving. Some they may state publicly. If they do - it doesn't mesn to say they haven't got goals they wish to keep private and within their team.

How about some suggestions for 2013:
Here are a few I can think of (some ambitious, some - get a % of how much achieved)
For the year:
  • Qualify for the YEC
    - this is a minimum type goal. She really ought to be doing this.
  • Slams: At least QF in all slams; at least SF at AO, USO.
  • Big Tournaments (P5 or above) - at least 2 titles.
For her matches:
  • Win all her matches against lower ranked players
  • Win all her matches that go to 3 sets.
  • Win all her matches she is a set up and needs to serve for the match

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 21st, 2012, 07:29 PM   #2
country flag Double A

Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of
Re: Caro goals for 2013 suggestions thread

Those are some pretty ambitious goals. Especially the QF in all slams considering her record in Wimbledon and Roland Garros.

A P5 title or two would be nice. Get back in the top 5 would be good too.
I don't expect her to be a grand slam contender just yet. She'll need to work her way up again.
Double A is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21st, 2012, 07:39 PM   #3
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Top five and some deep runs at the slams.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21st, 2012, 07:45 PM   #4
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

Her number of titles shall surpass her age.
Old Oct 21st, 2012, 09:17 PM   #5
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Realistic goals

-Qualify for the YEC.
-Get her ranking up to somewhere between five and eight. Higher would be great, but 5-8 is a more realistic goal. Once she's there we'll aim even higher.
-Make at least one slam semi and at least the second week in all of the others.
-Win some tournaments. Hard to put a number on it. Depends on which ones.

Dreaming

-Win a slam.
-Get back into the top three.
-Beat each of the big four (Serena, Vika, Maria, Petra) at least once.
Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21st, 2012, 09:19 PM   #6
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Realistic goals

-Qualify for the YEC.
-Get her ranking up to somewhere between five and eight. Higher would be great, but 5-8 is a more realistic goal. Once she's there we'll aim even higher.
-Make at least one slam semi and at least the second week in all of the others.
-Win some tournaments. Hard to put a number on it. Depends on which ones.

Dreaming

-Win a slam.
-Get back into the top three.
-Beat each of the big four (Serena, Vika, Maria, Petra) at least once.
I don't think that it is very polite of you to make fun of those ladies' weight.

Old Oct 21st, 2012, 09:25 PM   #7
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

First I'd like to see another good week in Bulgaria. So she ends 2012 feeling she is getting back to her old level, maybe even better ( if she can mix in effective aggressiveness)

Then obviously, play your best at the AO. Dont lose to anyone but Serena, and show you can still compete well at the biggest events.

After the AO, I would hope for a solid year that ends in the YEC final
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21st, 2012, 10:29 PM   #8
country flag The Reff

The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. W. Fields View Post
Her number of titles shall surpass her age.
Old Oct 21st, 2012, 11:22 PM   #9
country flag Achernar

Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future

Realistic goals

-Being ranked somewhere between #3 and #8
-Winning at least 3 titles, including a P5 or a Mandatory.
-Reaching at least the QF in AO and US Open and the last 16 in the other Slams.
-Not losing in the first round of any tournament.
-Winning 50% of her matches against the top10 players.
-Winning 67% of her matches against the top20 and top30 players.
-Winning at least 90% of her matches against the lesser players.
-Having fun on-court

Dreaming

-Winning a slam.
Achernar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21st, 2012, 11:59 PM   #10
country flag poulao

poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of

Leave it to the umpire and lines people to call the shots on the tennis court.
poulao is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22nd, 2012, 12:47 AM   #11
country flag Blu€

Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute

-TOP 5
-YEC
-3 Titles at least
----
My personal crazy prediction -> Wimbledon Champion

···♥♥Wozniacki♥♥···

♪♫♪♫In a sky full of stars I think I saw you ♪♫♪♫
Blu€ is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22nd, 2012, 07:15 AM   #12
country flag DownInAHole

Quote:
Originally Posted by poulao View Post
Leave it to the umpire and lines people to call the shots on the tennis court.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu€ View Post
-TOP 5
-YEC
-3 Titles at least
----
My personal crazy prediction -> Wimbledon Champion
Well, I guess if Agnieszka and Vera can make a Wimbledon final why not Caroline?

Old Oct 22nd, 2012, 01:13 PM   #13
country flag Blu€

Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
Well, I guess if Agnieszka and Vera can make a Wimbledon final why not Caroline?
Indeed, as long as she can avoid Serena's side of the draw I think everything can happen. Hopefully she's got that tiny extra luck on her side this year.

···♥♥Wozniacki♥♥···

♪♫♪♫In a sky full of stars I think I saw you ♪♫♪♫
Blu€ is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22nd, 2012, 01:23 PM   #14
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

-stay healthy
-return to top ten
-win a slam
-win other events
-find other sponsor to make GM inconsolable
marineblue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22nd, 2012, 02:07 PM   #15
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

One suggestion I would make is to skip Sydney. She's never made the semis there. So play the week before, then train in Melbourne during Sydney, and see how that goes.

I dont know about New Haven, because she's had real success there & at the USO after it. But Sydney doesnt seem too good for her.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote