Caroline's Live Scoring Thread v 11 - Page 111 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 21st, 2013, 02:42 AM   #1651
country flag Blu€

Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Caroline's Live Scoring Thread v 11

Depressing especially because she had so many BP in that last set.
Long time until RG

···♥♥Wozniacki♥♥···

💨💦☁⚡"Even the darkest night will end and "Sunshine" will rise" ⛅☀🌞🌻
Blu€ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 21st, 2013, 02:42 AM   #1652
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Good match by both players.
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 02:42 AM   #1653
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

as usual I was right from the beginning, Caro had that match on her racket and lost it funniest thing is that she was edged mentally by the end by the only player who used to be much worse on that than her.

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 02:43 AM   #1654
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Well, Caro didn't play badly and competed well, just not well enough I guess. From the perspective of a neutral spectator I think this was an entertaining match. From the perspective of a Caro fan it's just another loss.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 02:44 AM   #1655
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Disgusted. Kuznetsova holds for 7-5 3rd set at 40-15 from 30-0 to 30-15 (2nd serve). The match was 2 hours 28 minutes long.

When you're being outmentally toughed by Kuznetsova you've got big problems.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 02:44 AM   #1656
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Oh well, Kuznetsova's gamesmanship brought her success yet again. Caro should have taken her chances when they were there,though. Onto the next one.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 02:46 AM   #1657
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Disgusted. Kuznetsova holds for 7-5 3rd set at 40-15 from 30-0 to 30-15 (2nd serve).

When you're being outmentally toughed by Kuznetsova you've got big problems.
It's like she doesn't believe she can win tight matches anymore .. Either that, or she is deliberately sabotaging her own game .. that tap straight to Kuznetsova on BP, when the whole DTL side was open, epitomizes mentally fragile Caroline.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 02:46 AM   #1658
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

That was a very winnable match, but mentally Caro isn't the same player she used to be! And she really needs to work hard on that serve, she gets broken too easily!

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 02:48 AM   #1659
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

the only two matches she had played reasonably well in the past year in majors she lost both of them, this one and against Paszek...it says a lot i guess

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 02:49 AM   #1660
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

[quote=TennisFan66;23362178]It's like she doesn't believe she can win tight matches anymore .. Either that, or she is deliberately sabotaging her own game .. that tap straight to Kuznetsova on BP, when the whole DTL side was open, epitomizes mentally fragile Caroline.[/QUOTE

Yes, she sometimes made it so easy for Kuz, who did not even had to move to hit a winner. And the net game, let's rather not go there.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 02:49 AM   #1661
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Night, guys. Time for some sleep. Bold prediction : Caroline will not make the 2013 YEC.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 02:49 AM   #1662
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

Caro loses 2-6, 6-2, 5-7 in 2 hrs 28 mins. Caro had a respectable 23/22 Ws/UEs but Sveta's was better: 52/41. Caro's main negative was bad conversion on bps, only 4/15. Especially the missed bp to go up 5-3 in the decider hurt.
Kudos to Sveta, she looked tired in last set but she held it together. The pre-injury break Sveta probably would've had a brain freeze after she missed 3 bps for 5-4, but this new and improved Sveta seems to be more levelheaded.
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 02:50 AM   #1663
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Caro really needs to do a better job on 2nd serves. You can't be allowing your opponent to win 50% or more on their 2nd serve. Kuznetsova won 53% of points on her 2nd serve for the match.

Kuznetsova won 58% of points on her 2nd serve in the 1st set and 59% of points on her 2nd serve in the 3rd set. Kuznetsova won only 33% of points on her 2nd serve in the 2nd set.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)

Last edited by Protoss : Jan 21st, 2013 at 03:10 AM.
Protoss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 02:51 AM   #1664
country flag Bonfire

Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute

oh man what a heartbreaker as I really felt Caro was taking this match at 5-4 and then a complete turnaround

W
ozniacki - Stephens - Vandeweghe
Townsend - Stosur - Kvitova
Isner - Wawrinka - Sock - Berdych - Raonic

Bonfire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 02:56 AM   #1665
country flag Bonfire

Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute

she started connecting with her shots and moving Sveta around who was tired and it was working perfect and then seemed to lose the plot right at the end when it mattered most though Sveta also kept rising to the occassion surprisingly

W
ozniacki - Stephens - Vandeweghe
Townsend - Stosur - Kvitova
Isner - Wawrinka - Sock - Berdych - Raonic

Bonfire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote