Lux 1/2 Final: Niculescu d. An Absolute Mess (Hantuchova) 6-1 6-3 - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 20th, 2012, 05:40 PM   #31
country flag A-Bond

A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Lux 1/2 Final: Niculescu d. An Absolute Mess (Hantuchova) 6-1 6-3

Obviously very disappointing from Dani's perspective. I'm not even too sad about the score or the outcome overall, it was just this lack of determination that was appaling. Dani didn't fight out there and that is what disturbs me the most, especially after she fought through all her matches this week. But maybe there was just not enough left in her. I really hope she can come back in 2013 and start with some decent results.

Niculescu did what she had to do. However, I'm sure sooner or later her style of play will take its toll, as it did with Dulgheru. Luxembourg has always been a Tournament I like and the list of the winners has been graced each year with players I like. I hope this doesn't change tomorrow, so I'm gonna root for Venus/Petko.
A-Bond is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 20th, 2012, 05:41 PM   #32
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by homogenius View Post
TF is so unfair to Niculescu
She won all her matches in straights to reach the final, lost only 6 games againts Goerges, bageled Hradecka, lost 4 games today.She's obviously doing playing well.And if hantuchova struggled so much on court today it was mainly due to the way niculescu played.not because she wasn't focused or whatever
Posters refuse to believe that this player they don't like can beat (and emphatically too) these players they like a lot. So they have to rationalise the loss by making excuses. Their fave was sick, played awful, didn't care, didn't try or whatever. If it makes them feel better about themselves then I guess that's what they have to do.
Old Oct 20th, 2012, 05:41 PM   #33
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute

at people thinking that only Vika can take out that pathetic and annoying slicer player. The other top players aren't bothered by a MM like Luxembourg.
doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 2012, 05:41 PM   #34
country flag Drake1980

Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute

where did this come from!?
Old Oct 20th, 2012, 05:42 PM   #35
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by homogenius View Post
TF is so unfair to Niculescu
She won all her matches in straights to reach the final, lost only 6 games againts Goerges, bageled Hradecka, lost 4 games today.She's obviously doing playing well.And if hantuchova struggled so much on court today it was mainly due to the way niculescu played.not because she wasn't focused or whatever
Thank you.

And not to mention there was so much more than just forehand slicing. That one forehand passing shot DTL. Who else can play one like that on the tour.

Monica constructed points from A to Z today and it payed off. Daniela was her usual careless self at times, but you also have to see that players like her need rhythm and Nics is playing so different to any other player at the moment. So different that it pissess off most people on teenis boards, so what do the players themselves think?

Anyway, points defended in style.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 2012, 05:42 PM   #36
country flag flareon

flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shvedbarilescu View Post
Posters refuse to believe that this player they don't like can beat (and emphatically too) these players they like a lot. So they have to rationalise the loss by making excuses. Their fave was sick, played awful, didn't care, didn't try or whatever. If it makes them feel better about themselves them I guess that's what they have to do.
Fair comment, but even you cannot deny Monica could of been feeding dani balls and dani still would of hit them out...

Edit: I admit she played some awesome passing shots.
TT 2013: Won 25k Rancho Santa Fe DW/Phil=)
TT 2014: 1/2 Kuala Lumpur Singles,Won WTA FlorianapolisDW/Phil=),25k NottinghamDW/Phil=),F Istanbul 50kDW/Phil=)
flareon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 2012, 05:44 PM   #37
edificio

edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute

As soon as Dani missed two straight warm-up serves to end the warm--up I figured it would not be her day. She did not disappoint. Could not find the court. Oh well.

Niculescu was so steady, and Dani did not enjoy the lack of rhythm. Nice to see a previous finalist get back to the final, though.
edificio is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 2012, 05:46 PM   #38
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
What's the point of your sig when you say in it that you haven't predict Kerber and Errani to be in the top 10.
I have always been quite cautious with my predictions. I did very early on in the year predict both Kerber and Errani would finish the years as the number 1 players of their countries and this was when they were both the 4th ranked players of their countries so....
Old Oct 20th, 2012, 05:47 PM   #39
country flag JustPetko

JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute

Niculescu defended her points

TT Singles: (CH: #40) W ITF Biella'10, W ITF Nantes'10, W ITF Dubai'12 | TT Doubles: (CH: #1) ITF Nantes'10, ITF Bucharest'10, Marbella'11, Washington'11, Linz'11, YEC'11, ITF Opole'11, Pattaya'12, Tashkent'12, ITF Pune'12, Memphis'13, Carlsbad'13, Marrakesh'14, Washington'14 | Suicide: (CH: #5) W Luxembourg'12, W Luxembourg'13 | Tipping: (CH: #2) W YEC'11, W Acapulco'13, W Brisbane'14, W RG'14
JustPetko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 2012, 05:48 PM   #40
Richie's

Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute

Come on guys... Niculescu isn't the top player on tour. All the ladies so far were too brainless to handle that game. Finish.
Richie's is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 2012, 05:49 PM   #41
country flag sxeraserhead

sxeraserhead is a splendid one to behold sxeraserhead is a splendid one to behold sxeraserhead is a splendid one to behold sxeraserhead is a splendid one to behold sxeraserhead is a splendid one to behold sxeraserhead is a splendid one to behold sxeraserhead is a splendid one to behold sxeraserhead is a splendid one to behold sxeraserhead is a splendid one to behold sxeraserhead is a splendid one to behold sxeraserhead is a splendid one to behold

Nice for Niculescu that she got healthy just in time to defend enough points for a top 100 spot.
sxeraserhead is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 2012, 05:50 PM   #42
Everybody's a star!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flareon View Post
Fair comment, but even you cannot deny Monica could of been feeding dani balls and dani still would of hit them out...

Edit: I admit she played some awesome passing shots.
Dani made a lot of errors yeah. But you need to ask yourself why was she making these errors that she wasn't making the previous couple of days. Tennis is always a game played by two people and the way each of those two plays is always directly related to the way their opponent is playing. Always.
Old Oct 20th, 2012, 05:52 PM   #43
Everybody's a star!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie's View Post
Come on guys... Niculescu isn't the top player on tour. All the ladies so far were too brainless to handle that game. Finish.
Who is saying she is the top player on the tour? Of course she's not. But she has certainly been the best player in the bottom half of the Luxembourg draw this week, there is absolutely no escaping that.
Old Oct 20th, 2012, 05:53 PM   #44
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie's View Post
No one said that Monica is a top player, at least not me. She has still too many major weankesses for that, but Oprandi for example is anything but a brainless basher and she breadsticked her as well.

Monica is the master in getting into other players' heads. I mean she is even getting into TF posters' heads. Hradecka even cried on court. And it's no coincidence that even the serving of Lucie and Daniela didn't work at all. They simply lost the plot after plan A didn't work out after the first few games and having played much more matches tis year already than Monica doesn't support the emotional will of fighting back either.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 2012, 05:54 PM   #45
country flag flareon

flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shvedbarilescu View Post
Dani made a lot of errors yeah. But you need to ask yourself why was she making these errors that she wasn't making the previous couple of days. Tennis is always a game played by two people and the way each of those two plays is always directly related to the way their opponent is playing. Always.
Yes she hit them because she has no Brain, or thats how I saw it, I mean there are four lines in the court you need to find, She did not even try to spin it in or take a bit off continued to bash, she then did not bend her knees in the 2nd set several times. If you are playing someone like monica you cannot bash them unless your Vika or Serena, Dani needs to think, and at the beginning of the 2nd she did that. She then brain farted again...
TT 2013: Won 25k Rancho Santa Fe DW/Phil=)
TT 2014: 1/2 Kuala Lumpur Singles,Won WTA FlorianapolisDW/Phil=),25k NottinghamDW/Phil=),F Istanbul 50kDW/Phil=)
flareon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote