Serena Fans "Talk About Any Damned Thing" Chapter 15: "I'm the Liquorice Bitch" - Page 144 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Nov 19th, 2012, 10:49 PM   #2146
country flag Stamp Paid
Joshua

Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Serena Fans "Talk About Any Damned Thing" Chapter 15: "I'm the Liquorice Bitch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novichok View Post
My roommate is a business major.... Do we have any in Serena Slam?
No, I think Trade and Salve are the only non-liberal arts degreed persons in SS.
Advertisement

Old Nov 19th, 2012, 10:55 PM   #2147
country flag brickhousesupporter

brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Serena Fans "Talk About Any Damned Thing" Chapter 15: "I'm the Liquorice Bitch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBV. View Post

You know in Florida, the governor wants to make it so that people who go to public institutions and get degrees in liberal arts will have to pay more for their degrees than those in Science/Technology/Math fields?
I see no issues.....I am all about getting degrees that you can use in the future.
Old Nov 19th, 2012, 10:57 PM   #2148

brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah, because that's really gonna encourage people who dislike math and science to study it for 4 years. STEM majors are necessary but so are liberal arts majors too. I hate when someone says that a liberal arts degree is useless. Liberal arts degrees encourage and strengthen critical thinking skills, reading comprehension skills, and writing skills. How is that useless? What's useless is a business degree.
Do you not think you get that in say a science degree?.....especially one that focuses on primary research.
Old Nov 19th, 2012, 11:00 PM   #2149
country flag Pump-it-UP
Senior Stan

Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And I thought we were messy. We ain't got shit on Brigade. She better read them.
Dead @ Julian being permabanned before. For what?
They won't stop reading in that thread. !!!
Pump-it-UP is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 19th, 2012, 11:03 PM   #2150
country flag Novichok

Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickhousesupporter View Post
Do you not think you get that in say a science degree?.....especially one that focuses on primary research.
Yeah, you can get it in a science degree. But nothing in the post you quoted entailed that I didn't believe that science degrees strengthen those skills.
Old Nov 19th, 2012, 11:06 PM   #2151
country flag Stamp Paid
Joshua

Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No, I think Trade and Salve are the only non-liberal arts degreed persons in SS.
Quote:
I see no issues.....I am all about getting degrees that you can use in the future.
^And note how it has affected his critical thinking skills.

There is definitely no societal benefit to that type of thinking, but beyond that, there is no economic rationale for that type of model. Liberal arts programs - particularly in Florida - are actually more cost efficient for the university, because of high enrollment rates and low faculty costs (Liberal Arts faculty get paid far less, plus there have fewer labs to run and maintain, so all grant funding that these professors get are essentially total profit for the university.) This is why when faced with budget cuts, the University of Florida eliminated the Computer and Information Science Engineering program from the university last year, and left the liberal arts programs intact.

Not to mention the disproportionate effect it would have on students of color - FAMU and FIU would be gutted. Which is of course, what they want anyway. Sad to see that you buy into it, though.
Old Nov 19th, 2012, 11:18 PM   #2152

Quote:
^And note how it has affected his critical thinking skills.

There is definitely no societal benefit to that type of thinking, but beyond that, there is no economic rationale for that type of model. Liberal arts programs - particularly in Florida - are actually more cost efficient for the university, because of high enrollment rates and low faculty costs (Liberal Arts faculty get paid far less, plus there have fewer labs to run and maintain, so all grant funding that these professors get are essentially total profit for the university.) This is why when faced with budget cuts, the University of Florida eliminated the Computer and Information Science Engineering program from the university last year, and left the liberal arts programs intact.

Not to mention the disproportionate effect it would have on students of color - FAMU and FIU would be gutted. Which is of course, what they want anyway. Sad to see that you buy into it, though.
Not that serious.....I was partly joking. I think there is a place for all disciplines. I am just sick of people who spend $100,000 dollars on degrees that pay ~$30,000 and then complain that it is so hard to find a good job.

Chill....everything does not require the Sister Souljah response.
Old Nov 19th, 2012, 11:20 PM   #2153
country flag donellcarey

donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Really? What do y'all major in?
donellcarey is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 19th, 2012, 11:22 PM   #2154
country flag Novichok

Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by donellcarey View Post

Really? What do y'all major in?
Mathematics and Philosophy. The perfect combination.
Old Nov 19th, 2012, 11:24 PM   #2155
country flag donellcarey

donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Mathematics and Philosophy. The perfect combination.
Is Mathematics liberal-art major, too?

I don't think so...
donellcarey is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 19th, 2012, 11:26 PM   #2156
country flag ampers&
Senior Bitch.

ampers& has a reputation beyond repute ampers& has a reputation beyond repute ampers& has a reputation beyond repute ampers& has a reputation beyond repute ampers& has a reputation beyond repute ampers& has a reputation beyond repute ampers& has a reputation beyond repute ampers& has a reputation beyond repute ampers& has a reputation beyond repute ampers& has a reputation beyond repute ampers& has a reputation beyond repute

English and Communication. All I need. But I may get a Masters in Environmental Ed and Management soon.

LOL @ Mary Cherry and dem in that thread.
ampers& is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 19th, 2012, 11:27 PM   #2157
country flag Novichok

Quote:

I don't think so...
At my school it's included in the natural sciences department. But math isn't a science though.
Old Nov 19th, 2012, 11:27 PM   #2158
country flag Stamp Paid
Joshua

Quote:
Not that serious.....I was partly joking. I think there is a place for all disciplines. I am just sick of people who spend $100,000 dollars on degrees that pay ~$30,000 and then complain that it is so hard to find a good job.
Those people are idiots, and most of them were mediocre, unambitious students. You can find a well-paying job with a liberal arts degree if you work hard and were a good student. If you coasted through college on mommy and daddy's money and never had to work for anything, then These are the people that go to NYU with no scholarships (which lets you know how good their grades were, even in high school), pay for it all with loans, and are mad now when they see how far their school's name got them in this current job market, with mediocre grades and just a B.A. degree.

Most liberal arts students don't make those disastrous life decisions.
Old Nov 19th, 2012, 11:31 PM   #2159
country flag Stamp Paid
Joshua

Quote:

I don't think so...
Mathematics is a liberal arts major at my school.
Old Nov 19th, 2012, 11:36 PM   #2160
country flag Stamp Paid
Joshua

Quote:
Chill....everything does not require the Sister Souljah response.
Thats called pathos. You always have to drive your point home on a visceral level. You learn that skill in liberal arts classes...