Players who bring out the best and worst in each other! - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 7th, 2012, 02:34 PM   #46
country flag backhandsmash

backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Players who bring out the best and worst in your favorites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BepaMaria View Post
Brings out the worst:
Stosur
Pennetta
Aga
Venus
Muguruza Blanco

Brings out the best:
Li
Schiavone
Wozniacki
Petkovic

Makes her fight:
Safarova
Hantuchova
Lisicki

I will goodrep you, just because you are a delightfully crazy Vera fan.
backhandsmash is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 7th, 2012, 05:05 PM   #47
country flag Matze

Matze has much to be proud of Matze has much to be proud of Matze has much to be proud of Matze has much to be proud of Matze has much to be proud of Matze has much to be proud of Matze has much to be proud of Matze has much to be proud of Matze has much to be proud of Matze has much to be proud of Matze has much to be proud of

For Venus I guess

Brings out the worst:
Pironkova
Kerber
Li

Brings out the best:
Stosur
Errani
Ivanovic
Serena
Hantuchova

Makes her fight:
Petkovic
normally Radwanska and Sharapova (you cannot judge by 2012 - results!!!)
Matze is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7th, 2012, 05:16 PM   #48
country flag Setsuna.
KaWOW! Leonard.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute

Li brings out the worst in almost everyone.

Chakvetadze Barthel Kerber Bencic Pavlyuchenkova Halep Muguruza Lottner
Setsuna. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8th, 2012, 03:45 PM   #49
country flag Shivank17

Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute

Maria

Brings out the worst:

Madame Li
Serena
Aga
Vika

Bring out the best:
Henin used to.

Petra this year, perhaps.

Career Grand Slam + Silver Medalist.

When the going gets tough, the tough get going.
Twitter: @Shivank17

Last edited by Shivank17 : Nov 24th, 2012 at 01:20 PM.
Shivank17 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23rd, 2012, 11:35 PM   #50
country flag Sir Stefwhit

Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute

Nadia Petrova

Brings out the Worst:
Kuznetsova
Justine Henin

Davenport- a poor 0-7 record says it all. Very similar players in both style of play, weapons, and weaknesses Davenport was just better in all categories. Real bad matchup for Nadia.

Sharapova- again the record tells the story (1-9) although half of their matches were three sets or close the sad part is that in a lot of those Nadia positioned herself to win. She's just mentally inept against Pova. Mentally Sharapova brings out Nadia's worse.

Brings out the Best:
Safina
Stosur

Serena- she may have a losing record against her but she also has multiple wins including a slam win over Rena. Rena is simply just a better player, but when they play Petrova always takes it to her and makes it really competitive and it's usually Petrova at her best.

Jie Zheng- the only time Zheng won in their nine encounters was when Nadia retired. A very favorable matchup for Nadia.

Li Na- Peteova totally own her plain and simple and only one or two matches have even been close, the rest is Nadia totally dominating.

Makes her fight hardest:
Patty Schnyder

Elena Likhovtseva: always a battle and a coin toss as to who would win

Dementieva: Petrova dominated the rivalry in the beginning then Dementieva dominated it toward the end....all in all it petty much evened out.

Mauresmo: a fun rivalry usually real close
The REAL GOAT Rafael Nadal
Future Inductees: Clijsters, C.Evert, A.Agassi, A.Berasategui, N. Zvereva, I.Majoli, M.Safin, Li Na, VIKA, and Del Potro
Sir Stefwhit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24th, 2012, 09:20 AM   #51
bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Players who bring out the best and worst in your favorites??

Nadia has a slam win over Serena?! I can remember in doubles, but singles too?!
Serena Williams: Greatest African-American tennisplayer in history
18 majors:5256

Official Prince of the Royal Court
bandabou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24th, 2012, 03:43 PM   #52
country flag rjd1111

rjd1111 has a reputation beyond repute rjd1111 has a reputation beyond repute rjd1111 has a reputation beyond repute rjd1111 has a reputation beyond repute rjd1111 has a reputation beyond repute rjd1111 has a reputation beyond repute rjd1111 has a reputation beyond repute rjd1111 has a reputation beyond repute rjd1111 has a reputation beyond repute rjd1111 has a reputation beyond repute rjd1111 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Which players bring out the best-worst, and make your favorite fight hardest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradbury View Post
Serena

Bring out the worst -

Non-slam tournaments
Ivanovic (She gives Serena no rhythm at all with her streaky hack and pray game. Serena's level always drops against her and their matches end up being much closer than they should be)

Bring out the best -

Any top ranked player
A player who has beaten Serena before.
Mauresmo (Serena always loved laying a beatdown on her)

Tough(er) to beat-

Any player with great movement and good offensive capabilities requires that little bit of extra effort to beat. So players like Capriati, Hening, Dementieva, Venus and Graf. We dont really have players who can play great defense and offense anymore.

I don't agree with Graf on your list of tough to beat. They last

played when Serena was 17 years old and just starting to come

into her own. The later Serena was a much better player.

And Serena and Anna I. have only played once in non-slam events with Serena winning. ( Serena 4-0 h2h )

Not nearly enough to make that observation.

Last edited by rjd1111 : Nov 24th, 2012 at 03:52 PM.
rjd1111 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24th, 2012, 05:28 PM   #53
country flag Sir Stefwhit

Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandabou View Post
Nadia has a slam win over Serena?! I can remember in doubles, but singles too?!
Good call buddy! I got caught slipping w.that one...lol. It never happened. Can u believe that in my mind I gave Petrova the win In 2007!!! I need to be stoned ASAP...MY BAD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd1111 View Post
I don't agree with Graf on your list of tough to beat. They last

played when Serena was 17 years old and just starting to come

into her own. The later Serena was a much better player.

And Serena and Anna I. have only played once in non-slam events with Serena winning. ( Serena 4-0 h2h )

Not nearly enough to make that observation.
Considering one was on her way up and was good enough to win a slam that year and one was on her way out but good enough to win a slam I think it evens out. True, Serena wasn't at her best, but neither was Steffi. I think u CAN take their two encounters that year and use them as indicators at how things would have played out between them. Maybe the slightest of edges to Serena but Steffi was such a competitor it would always be close IMO.
The REAL GOAT Rafael Nadal
Future Inductees: Clijsters, C.Evert, A.Agassi, A.Berasategui, N. Zvereva, I.Majoli, M.Safin, Li Na, VIKA, and Del Potro
Sir Stefwhit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24th, 2012, 06:30 PM   #54
country flag rjd1111

rjd1111 has a reputation beyond repute rjd1111 has a reputation beyond repute rjd1111 has a reputation beyond repute rjd1111 has a reputation beyond repute rjd1111 has a reputation beyond repute rjd1111 has a reputation beyond repute rjd1111 has a reputation beyond repute rjd1111 has a reputation beyond repute rjd1111 has a reputation beyond repute rjd1111 has a reputation beyond repute rjd1111 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Stefwhit View Post
Good call buddy! I got caught slipping w.that one...lol. It never happened. Can u believe that in my mind I gave Petrova the win In 2007!!! I need to be stoned ASAP...MY BAD!

Considering one was on her way up and was good enough to win a slam that year and one was on her way out but good enough to win a slam I think it evens out. True, Serena wasn't at her best, but neither was Steffi. I think u CAN take their two encounters that year and use them as indicators at how things would have played out between them. Maybe the slightest of edges to Serena but Steffi was such a competitor it would always be close IMO.

Possibly, But, remember,about Steffi not being at her best in that

IW match shortly after that match Stef won the FO and was a

finalist at Wimb shortly after that.
Old Nov 24th, 2012, 08:18 PM   #55
country flag Stamp Paid
Joshua

Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

██████████████████ʘ
Stamp Paid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24th, 2012, 08:53 PM   #56
country flag rjd1111

Quote:
That's a testament to how good this woman was, but believe me no one would ever say that was Steffi at her best- let's not forget she retired that year as well. 1999 was a good year for Serena too she had won multiple tournaments for the first time in her career and she won a slam and ended the year w.a career high ranking (at that time)- but just like w.Steffi it stil wasnt her at her best. Like I said one was on her way out, the other on her way up...but still just about equal.
Yes. Stef went out on a high note at 30 and Serena started on a high note

at 17. And it was also a testament to how good Serena would become. 3 years

later with the Serena slam and 13 years later at 31 still winning.
Old Nov 24th, 2012, 09:56 PM   #57
bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Serena Williams: Greatest African-American tennisplayer in history
18 majors:5256

Official Prince of the Royal Court
bandabou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24th, 2012, 10:19 PM   #58
Ana'sProcess

Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute

Ivanovic plays her best tennis against:

Jankovic
Kvitova
Pavlychenkova
Kuznetsova

Ivanovic has most problems when she plays with:

Williams sisters
A Radwanska
Vinci
Ana'sProcess is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25th, 2012, 01:15 AM   #59
country flag GOATdin0931

GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute

Russians bring out the best in my girl Mel!!
GOATdin0931 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 10:32 PM   #60
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute

If you want to see the tennis Sam Stosur can play you have to see her matches against Vera

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live."
Sammo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote