Which players will break top 20 for the first time next year? - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 14th, 2012, 06:47 AM   #31
country flag Grigorpova

Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of
Re: Which players will break top 20 for the first time next year?

Paszek, Shvedova, Hseih, Stephens, Watson and possibly Robson.
Grigorpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 14th, 2012, 09:42 AM   #32
country flag Domo19

Domo19 is a splendid one to behold Domo19 is a splendid one to behold Domo19 is a splendid one to behold Domo19 is a splendid one to behold Domo19 is a splendid one to behold Domo19 is a splendid one to behold Domo19 is a splendid one to behold Domo19 is a splendid one to behold Domo19 is a splendid one to behold Domo19 is a splendid one to behold Domo19 is a splendid one to behold

For me Ula ( #15) Hsieh ( #18) and Robson ( #20) ... Ula has her chances in the beggining of a season .. she has nothing to defend ... maybe 2nd round of AO
Domo19 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14th, 2012, 10:33 AM   #33
country flag sxeraserhead

sxeraserhead is a splendid one to behold sxeraserhead is a splendid one to behold sxeraserhead is a splendid one to behold sxeraserhead is a splendid one to behold sxeraserhead is a splendid one to behold sxeraserhead is a splendid one to behold sxeraserhead is a splendid one to behold sxeraserhead is a splendid one to behold sxeraserhead is a splendid one to behold sxeraserhead is a splendid one to behold sxeraserhead is a splendid one to behold

Hopefully Suarez Navarro, Barthel and Shvedova... but I have my doubts
sxeraserhead is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14th, 2012, 11:23 AM   #34
country flag TeraByte

TeraByte is a splendid one to behold TeraByte is a splendid one to behold TeraByte is a splendid one to behold TeraByte is a splendid one to behold TeraByte is a splendid one to behold TeraByte is a splendid one to behold TeraByte is a splendid one to behold TeraByte is a splendid one to behold TeraByte is a splendid one to behold TeraByte is a splendid one to behold TeraByte is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by saint2 View Post
szmUla will not come close to top20. End of cakewalk draws= end of good rankings.

Don’t exaggerate. I am not the biggest fan of Ula, but she won with Bartoli in Brussels, with Lisicki in Birmingham (on grass!), with Pennetta in s’-Hertogenbosch, with Hantuchova in Carlsbad, with Barthel at the Olimpics, with Ivanović in Tokyo.
And her results would be even better if she had not have to play so often with top players: in 1st rd in Sydney she lost to her sister, in 1st rd in Copenhagen – to her BF Wozniacki, in 2nd rd RG – to Kvitova, in QF in Carlsbad – to Cibulkova, in 2nd rd of Olympics – to Serena, in 3rd rd of Cincinnati – again to Serena, in 3rd rd in Tokyo – to Kerber.

The other thing is that the slang term SZMUL is very insulting and shouldn't be used by civilized people also for it's obvious antisemitic overtone.

Last edited by TeraByte : Oct 14th, 2012 at 11:38 AM.
TeraByte is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14th, 2012, 11:27 AM   #35
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Tamira, Sloane, Sorana, Su-Wei and hopefully Tsveti
ShiftyFella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14th, 2012, 11:30 AM   #36
country flag fast lefty

fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all

Robson,Watson,Stephens,baby Radwanska possibly sheikh and Giorgio,but not cirstea
fast lefty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14th, 2012, 11:32 AM   #37
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Paszek, simply because she has nothing to defend until grass season
Hsieh and Stephens, maybe Sorana if she can get her head in order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djezonfly View Post
Hopefully Begu, but just top 30 would be great
She has all the talent needed, all the shots, serve is already great for WTA standards, but her fitness and mindset are so poor...

But Top 30 definitely.
Old Oct 14th, 2012, 12:10 PM   #38
country flag Ferg

Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute

Shvedova. Even with her hideous choking she surely cant miss out on it considering shes defending pretty much nothing til Roland Garros.
Old Oct 14th, 2012, 12:14 PM   #39
country flag matthias
Gaspa's Hubby

matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute

breaking top20 is sooooooooooooo random nowadays
Old Oct 14th, 2012, 01:12 PM   #40
country flag nazzac

nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
Shvedova. Even with her hideous choking she surely cant miss out on it considering shes defending pretty much nothing til Roland Garros.
Yeah i agree with that. She's been terrible lately but is still moving up the rankings. She'll be top 20 soon, because of the reason you stated. Nothing much to defend until Roland Garros
Old Oct 14th, 2012, 01:22 PM   #41
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Heather Watson, Urszula Radwanska
marineblue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14th, 2012, 01:33 PM   #42
country flag $uricate
Step to this. I dare you.

$uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute

Probably all of them, given how easy it is at the moment.

PopCon 2013.
$uricate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14th, 2012, 01:39 PM   #43
country flag BH both wings

BH both wings has much to be proud of BH both wings has much to be proud of BH both wings has much to be proud of BH both wings has much to be proud of BH both wings has much to be proud of BH both wings has much to be proud of BH both wings has much to be proud of BH both wings has much to be proud of BH both wings has much to be proud of BH both wings has much to be proud of BH both wings has much to be proud of

I doubt that Watson will move into top 20 in the next 12 months. I mean, she loses just as many matches against players outside the top100 as she wins against the top 40. 40-50 seems to be the right spot right now, so maybe she can tackle the 3x-high next year. She made a huge step last year and a profound one this year, but despite her consistency, she needs to beat big players to climb much higher now.

Hsieh is even more uncertain, she played a 100-ish schedule most of the time. No idea at all who she will fare with a top players schedule. She might hit the 20, but where will she go?
BH both wings is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14th, 2012, 02:03 PM   #44
Evan James

Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute

I have big expectations in next season from Petra Martic, Sloane Stephens, Laura Robson and Heather Watson. Also, Hsieh and Cirstea could be consistent in top 20.
Evan James is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14th, 2012, 02:08 PM   #45
country flag $uricate
Step to this. I dare you.

$uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanSince2004 View Post
I have big expectations in next season from Petra Martic, Sloane Stephens, Laura Robson and Heather Watson. Also, Hsieh and Cirstea could be consistent in top 20.
The first time those have been used in the same sentence.

PopCon 2013.
$uricate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote