Moscow | Kremlin Cup - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 13th, 2012, 02:40 PM   #1
MK Ultra

MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute
Moscow | Kremlin Cup

Kiri did the draw. Didn't make it easy for herself.

[1]S.STOSUR v BYE
[Q] v A.CORNET
K.ZAKOPALOVA v A.CADANTU
[WC]M.GASPARYAN v [8]L.SAFAROVA

[4]A.IVANOVIC v BYE
[Q] v [Q]
G.VOSKOBOEVA v [Q]
S.HALEP v [6]N.PETROVA

[5]D.CIBULKOVA v E.MAKAROVA
V.LEPCHENKO v T.PIRONKOVA
U.RADWANSKA v F.SCHIAVONE
BYE v [3]C.WOZNIACKI

[7]M.KIRILENKO v E.VESNINA
Y.SHVEDOVA v A.PAVLYUCHENKOVA
B.JOVANOVSKI v S.ARVIDSSON
BYE v [2]M.BARTOLI

Hopefully she'll do great at least in doubles.
MK Ultra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 14th, 2012, 01:44 PM   #2
country flag peterlein

peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all
Re: Moscow | Kremlin Cup

not the easiest draw for kiri, tough quarter

vesnina is a tricky opponent and is in a good shape at the moment

it's their third meeting, maria won both matches in three sets

btw., what a lovely pic

...olympic bronze medalist...
peterlein is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14th, 2012, 03:14 PM   #3
country flag *O.R*

*O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute

If Maria beats Elena, her R2 could be very tough too...
*O.R* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15th, 2012, 08:18 AM   #4
country flag King Aaron
Team WTAworld
Mr. Try Too Hard

King Aaron has disabled reputation

All the best Maria, Moscow has always been tough.
Old Oct 15th, 2012, 04:47 PM   #5
country flag Phesto

Phesto is just really nice Phesto is just really nice Phesto is just really nice Phesto is just really nice Phesto is just really nice Phesto is just really nice Phesto is just really nice Phesto is just really nice Phesto is just really nice Phesto is just really nice Phesto is just really nice

Does anyone (perhaps someone who knows Russian) know what Maria sometimes says after she wins a big point? I don't mean "Davai!" -- I understand that one. It looks like "Nishu" or "Misho" or something hopefully similar. Elena Dementieva used to say it a lot as well after she won a point.

Thanks in advance if you can help me out here!
Phesto is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15th, 2012, 04:58 PM   #6
MK Ultra

MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute

You mean otlichno? Kiri doesn't really say it much, though.
MK Ultra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15th, 2012, 09:42 PM   #7
country flag peterlein

peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK Ultra View Post
You mean otlichno? Kiri doesn't really say it much, though.
...and what does that mean?

btw., kiri and nadia won their doubles match against the pliskova twins, but it was a really close one. They won the first set after 0-3* down 6-4, lost the 2nd 4-6 and eventually won it in the super tiebreak, 11-9....puhhh

next are Lee-Waters/Moulton-Levy from the USA, DAVAI!!

Old Oct 15th, 2012, 11:02 PM   #8
country flag Phesto

Phesto is just really nice Phesto is just really nice Phesto is just really nice Phesto is just really nice Phesto is just really nice Phesto is just really nice Phesto is just really nice Phesto is just really nice Phesto is just really nice Phesto is just really nice Phesto is just really nice

Yes, that must be it! I think the "Ot" part is not stressed sometimes, so it sounds more like "lichno".

MaKiri rulezzz: looked it up on an old thread called "Otlichno" on the forum -- it means "excellent".

Thanks MK Ultra, I've been wondering what it was for a while.
Phesto is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16th, 2012, 01:59 PM   #9
country flag NYKiriFan

NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaKiri rulezzz View Post
...and what does that mean?
btw., kiri and nadia won their doubles match against the pliskova twins, but it was a really close one. They won the first set after 0-3* down 6-4, lost the 2nd 4-6 and eventually won it in the super tiebreak, 11-9....puhhh
Yikes. They really are just squeaking by in every match. I assume Maria is not close to 100%. Their American rivals for the YEC are clearly playing better at this point, so those rooting for Maria not to qualify could get their wish soon. But I think it'd be great if they can still pull this off.
NYKiriFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17th, 2012, 11:46 AM   #10
country flag Remix13

Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of

Maria won 7-5 6-1 after saving a SP at 4-5*

Next is Shvedova.
Old Oct 17th, 2012, 04:36 PM   #11
country flag peterlein

ok, so nearly a perfect day for kiri, had groenefeld/peschke won their match against kops-jones/spears....but they wasted 3 mp's in the super-tiebreak, from 9-6 to 9-11

nice win for maria in singles, she played pretty well in the 2nd set

next is slava shvedova, it's their third meeting. Slava won 2 years ago on clay, but maria won 2009 in cincinnati, in two sets.

They will play as the 2nd match on the centre court tomorrow, DAVAI Maria!!!

in doubles, kiri/nadia had no problems in set 1, taking it by 6-1. Then they lost the 2nd set 3-6, and in the super-tiebreak they finally won 10-7! very close again, but a win is a win

well, kops-Jones/spears will have to win other two matches to go to istanbul now..

Old Oct 18th, 2012, 02:30 AM   #12
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute

Tough singles draw for Kiri. This is a much tougher field than Moscow had in 2010 when Maria last played there.

Time for Kiri and to split up as a doubles team but stay friends of course.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18th, 2012, 12:32 PM   #13
country flag Remix13

Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of

OK Maria won 7-5 6-4 after being 1-5 down in first set

Next is Arvidsson who slaughtered the Big Barto.
Old Oct 18th, 2012, 01:06 PM   #14
country flag peterlein

OMG, what a match, I am dead

huge comeback from kiri to win the first set after 1-5 down, EPIC!!

she was totally on fire, that's the kiri from this summer!!

next is arvidsson, who beat kiri in their only meeting at the begin of the season in Sydney Q...will be another tough one

DAVAI MARIA!!

Old Oct 19th, 2012, 01:14 PM   #15
country flag Celeborn

Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all

Today was the first match i could watch this week... Maybe it's my fault...

She played without any energy . I don't know, but she wasn't herself today. Such a big wasted chance. Arvidson did nothing except keeping the ball in play, somehow this was enough. Wasted opportunity.
Celeborn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote