BGL BNP PARIBAS, Luxembourg 2012 - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 16th, 2012, 04:43 PM   #46
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute
Re: BGL BNP PARIBAS, Luxembourg 2012

Sabine's match will apparently not be shown on the livestream.
KatjaS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 16th, 2012, 05:03 PM   #47
country flag tennisfreak13

tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of

Mist sowas.
tennisfreak13 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16th, 2012, 05:08 PM   #48
country flag Sabinator.

Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute

No stream? WTF

Magdalena Rybarikova * Su-Wei Hsieh * Jie Zheng * Jamie Hampton * Mathilde Johansson * Mona Barthel * Aleksandra Wozniak * Alison Riske
Andrea Petkovic * Jana Cepelova * Petra Cetkovska * Jovana Jaksic * Karolina Pliskova * Svetlana Kuznetsova * Yvonne Meusburger * Francesca Schiavone
Sabinator. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16th, 2012, 07:01 PM   #49
country flag Michael!
indescribable

Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute

Flipkens def. Lisicki 36 63 61

I mean, most of us expected her to lose, I guess but seems like Flipkens was beatable today!
Sabine had a good start, surprised me, 1st serve was really good, many aces, weak 2nd serve as usual but "only" one break for Flipkens but after that all got worse.
Should be other way round, bad start and then gets better after playing for a whle but not the case with Sabine, got worse and worse, 3rd set was totally shit it seems, 4 breaks for Flipkens.
So can´t see anything positive here, it´s just not enough if you can play well for 15min and her serve just didn´t improve at all lately and as Ziva said in the live score thread also, it seems like training doesn´t help there..major changes needed, her results and her game just suck lately, 2013 will be tough for her.
Michael! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16th, 2012, 07:08 PM   #50
country flag Johnbert

Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisfreak13 View Post
Mist sowas.
im nachhinein wars besser so...
Johnbert is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16th, 2012, 07:11 PM   #51
country flag Michael!
indescribable

Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute

11 1st round defeats in 2012
Michael! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16th, 2012, 07:36 PM   #52
country flag CillyUltra

CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute

Well, season was over for Sabine after Linz anyway.
Old Oct 17th, 2012, 12:30 PM   #53
country flag CillyUltra

CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
The match wasn't that bad, it was in no shape or form a second Linz. She played a very solid first set but when Flipkens started cutting down on her UEs she basically had nothing to answer that with. She had a bunch of Bps in the second and third set but it wasn't like she was wasting big chances left and right.

Flipkens was simply an unfortunate opponent to meet at this point, she's riding high on confidence after her latest results, makes very little mistakes and she brought her highly-annoying fan club of old geezers as well....

Compared to Linz, Sabine never let up and kept pushing herself, even at 5-1 in the third...she was looking very committed and that's definitely a positive thing to take away from this match.
Thanks for your report.
Old Oct 17th, 2012, 12:30 PM   #54
country flag CillyUltra

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMcP View Post
While I agree that there is a lot of work ahead and Sabine needs matchplay, the first order of business is to get some rest and the end of the season couldn't come soon enough. She has been through an exhausting season having to play through injuries and illness and the Olympics which meant so much to her. I didn't see the latest match, but in the Mayr match she was definitely tired (if not sick or injured). I think at this point playing extra tournaments while injured and/or exhausted would be counterproductive. She needs to spend her offseason not only getting rest but also learning how to preserve her health and how to pace herself throughout an entire WTA year, which is grueling (a factor I think we need to consider a little more). While I don't advocate keeping everything the same and assuming everything will turn out all right, as a "half glass full" person, I think there is much to look forward to in 2013.
Yes, it's good for Sabine to have some time off now. And, I think she'll be glad to spend some time with Ben. She hasn't played lots of matches lately, but she definitely practiced hard in the meantime. I guess her head was a bit tired recently, next to her lack of confidence.

Sabine has to work very hard on her fitness and physical stamina during off season and she has to do it in an effective way, after she has begun to recognize this as a major obstacle to her progress. Maybe Sabine realizes this as a key moment of her career. If she won't get a grip on her constant injury and illness problems (if it's even possible with her body) she will never establish herself as a top class player.

Nevertheless, Sabine can be very proud of what she achieved this year at Wimbledon, nearly repeating her success from last year. And, Sabine can be very proud of how she competed at the Olympics. Too bad she barely missed a medal. I initially thought it was a forgiven chance. But if you look at how devoted she was to her dream of a Olympic medal, how she bent over backwards to get there, how much she fought for her country despite her abdominal injury (probably that's why she didn't go to the opening ceremony), putting at risk the US Open. I as a German say, that was hugely impressive.
Old Oct 17th, 2012, 03:25 PM   #55
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Sabine

Another R1 exit. #11 this year

Doha (Kerber)
Indian Wells (Lino)
Rome (Erakovic)
Strasbourg (Parmentier)
French Open (Mattek-Sands)
Birmingham (U.Radwanska)
Montreal (Navarro)
US Open (Cirstea)
Tokyo (Watson)
Linz (Mayr-Achleitner)
Luxembourg (Flipkens)

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17th, 2012, 03:54 PM   #56
country flag jetglo

jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute

^
jetglo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17th, 2012, 04:32 PM   #57
country flag Ziva

Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetglo View Post
^

17/21 Win lose is much more schocking IMO

normally she wins at least 60 % of her matches, her father once said, it's key that she wins those 60%, if not they would play smaller tournaments to get back to this stat.

Overall a season to forget as soon as possible.

2013 Good Girl: Petra Kvitova
GG Race: Jankovic(+), Pironkova(F), Pennetta, Pavlyuchenkova(+), Halep(F), Ivanovic(MPbonus),Torro-Flor, Serena, CSN, Garcia, Cetkovska, Pliskova, Discount Sharapova(OD), Keys(F),Discount Sharapova, Serena, Venus, Wozniacki
Ziva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17th, 2012, 06:57 PM   #58
country flag jetglo

jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziva View Post
Overall a season to forget as soon as possible.
Agreed!

I also wonder about how she's going money wise. A season like this may cost more than it makes, and she's not giving much value to her sponsors.
Old Oct 17th, 2012, 07:49 PM   #59
country flag jetglo

Old Oct 17th, 2012, 08:26 PM   #60
country flag Ziva

Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetglo View Post
Agreed!

I also wonder about how she's going money wise. A season like this may cost more than it makes, and she's not giving much value to her sponsors.
yeah i'm always curious about this, but it's very complicated and very individual for every player.

This season she won't have made much, maybe even a negative income in the end.
2011 on the other hand was quite good Xperia hot shots, new Sponsors, 2x 4R. at slams and the big one: Semis in Wimbledon. $$$

2013, she really has to get some more regular results over the whole season, this is very important for interested sponsors.
I would be very happy, if next year this time she could have stablised her Ranking somewhere Top 40/30/20 or whatever, but stable. Those ups and downs are

I just saw,she says her season is over, OK now more Tournaments then, i hope they are doing the right thing there.

2013 Good Girl: Petra Kvitova
GG Race: Jankovic(+), Pironkova(F), Pennetta, Pavlyuchenkova(+), Halep(F), Ivanovic(MPbonus),Torro-Flor, Serena, CSN, Garcia, Cetkovska, Pliskova, Discount Sharapova(OD), Keys(F),Discount Sharapova, Serena, Venus, Wozniacki
Ziva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote