BGL BNP PARIBAS, Luxembourg 2012 - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 14th, 2012, 02:27 PM   #31
country flag Ziva

Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future
Re: BGL BNP PARIBAS, Luxembourg 2012

Oh my, Flipkens now, Game Over

2013 Good Girl: Petra Kvitova
GG Race: Jankovic(+), Pironkova(F), Pennetta, Pavlyuchenkova(+), Halep(F), Ivanovic(MPbonus),Torro-Flor, Serena, CSN, Garcia, Cetkovska, Pliskova, Discount Sharapova(OD), Keys(F),Discount Sharapova
Ziva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 14th, 2012, 02:31 PM   #32
country flag Michael!
indescribable

Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute

well, Flipkens right now is one of the worst opponents for Sabine, a good server and someone with brain who just can keep the ball in with her dangerous slice, I would be very surprised if Sabine could win that!
Michael! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14th, 2012, 02:34 PM   #33
country flag mk27

mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute

Okay, this is a much worse draw now.
mk27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14th, 2012, 02:54 PM   #34
country flag jetglo

jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute

Oh yeah, so much easier. Great revision.
jetglo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14th, 2012, 02:54 PM   #35
country flag JohnMcP

JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all

I guess I just don't understand all the hand-wringing over who Sabine's opponent will be. Predicting her results, especially at them moment, depends almost completely on the state of her own game, not who her opponent will be. Sabine has beaten Flipkens both times they have played -- admittedly her game was in a better state at the time so we'll just have to wait to see how Sabine plays.

"Expect the worst and hope for the best" -- a good recipe for life in general.
JohnMcP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14th, 2012, 03:08 PM   #36
country flag jetglo

jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe if you'd watched Flipkins this last week you'd understand. She's playing very well at the moment. There won't be many cheap points given and she won't be tired in r1 like she was against Julia in the semis.
jetglo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14th, 2012, 03:33 PM   #37
country flag JohnMcP

JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all

Maybe Sabine will notice exactly what you are saying and her own expectations will be lowered. She has almost always played better with lower expectations. I say "almost" because last year in Dallas seemed to be an exception when she destroyed lower ranked opponents. I think the way to get back to that point is to focus on improving her own game without worrying about the opponent as far as expectations are concerned (certainly I believe in playing to a player's weaknesses).

We need to get out of this cycle of declaring "must wins," celebrating Sabine's victories the morning of the match, and being completely stunned when she loses. At least it seems now no one is saying this is a "must win" and hopefully no one will be celebrating her victory before it happens.
JohnMcP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14th, 2012, 03:39 PM   #38
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, at least R2 would be easier now..

My Tennis Photo Database

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14th, 2012, 03:43 PM   #39
country flag maurysicki

maurysicki is just really nice maurysicki is just really nice maurysicki is just really nice maurysicki is just really nice maurysicki is just really nice maurysicki is just really nice maurysicki is just really nice maurysicki is just really nice maurysicki is just really nice maurysicki is just really nice maurysicki is just really nice

It's True.Flipkens has played well this week but needless to predict a result now.
If Sabine is in good form a player as Flipkens she eats it.
If she approaches the match as Linz 1R she goes home in 2 sets for sure.
Against this kind of player. all depends only from her and his state. Because they are simply waiting his errors to win the match , nothing more. It's she to make all, for better or for worse. Unfortunately this year she has wrong many first match vs inferior ranking player...Even if she could wake up (I hope)
maurysicki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14th, 2012, 03:43 PM   #40
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Monday OOP is out, she won't play before Tusday

My Tennis Photo Database

Twitter
Old Oct 14th, 2012, 03:58 PM   #41
country flag maturedgirl

maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
Monday OOP is out, she won't play before Tusday
gottseidank!
maturedgirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14th, 2012, 04:00 PM   #42
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomerangkid View Post
gottseidank!
Das Glück ist mit den Tüchtigen

My Tennis Photo Database

Twitter
Old Oct 15th, 2012, 04:22 PM   #43
country flag Michael!
indescribable

Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute

Sabine plays tomorrow, 2nd match after 5.30pm local time on CC against Flipkens!
Michael! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16th, 2012, 02:02 PM   #44
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute

1st match after 17:30 is V. Williams - 15 year old. So Sabine's match should start at ~18:15-18:30.
KatjaS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16th, 2012, 04:00 PM   #45
country flag xxxxxxxxxxxHoly Father

xxxxxxxxxxxHoly Father has much to be proud of xxxxxxxxxxxHoly Father has much to be proud of xxxxxxxxxxxHoly Father has much to be proud of xxxxxxxxxxxHoly Father has much to be proud of xxxxxxxxxxxHoly Father has much to be proud of xxxxxxxxxxxHoly Father has much to be proud of xxxxxxxxxxxHoly Father has much to be proud of xxxxxxxxxxxHoly Father has much to be proud of xxxxxxxxxxxHoly Father has much to be proud of xxxxxxxxxxxHoly Father has much to be proud of xxxxxxxxxxxHoly Father has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatjaS View Post
1st match after 17:30 is V. Williams - 15 year old. So Sabine's match should start at ~18:15-18:30.
Naja, eine Stunde wird Bencic schon brauchen, um Venus zu besiegen.
xxxxxxxxxxxHoly Father is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote