BT Vision to gain WTA Rights In UK - Page 8 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: WTA New Contract

Are you Happy with Eurosport 29 93.55%
Are you happy with the new 'proposed' deal with BT Vision 2 6.45%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old Nov 30th, 2012, 08:13 PM   #106
country flag SerenaMJ

SerenaMJ has a brilliant future SerenaMJ has a brilliant future SerenaMJ has a brilliant future SerenaMJ has a brilliant future SerenaMJ has a brilliant future SerenaMJ has a brilliant future SerenaMJ has a brilliant future SerenaMJ has a brilliant future SerenaMJ has a brilliant future SerenaMJ has a brilliant future SerenaMJ has a brilliant future
Re: BT Vision to gain WTA Rights In UK

If true, what do I have to get myself to watch it? How does the BT Vision works?

My Twitter Serena followed me on 13/12/2013
SerenaMJ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 1st, 2012, 10:48 PM   #107
country flag RBBoT

RBBoT is just really nice RBBoT is just really nice RBBoT is just really nice RBBoT is just really nice RBBoT is just really nice RBBoT is just really nice RBBoT is just really nice RBBoT is just really nice RBBoT is just really nice RBBoT is just really nice RBBoT is just really nice

It looks like they are going to be fragmented accross different channels as ESPN has bought the rights for Estoril and Strasbourg & Sofia

http://tv.espn.co.uk/ei/espl/espn-ne...tennis-events/
RBBoT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1st, 2012, 10:57 PM   #108
country flag DanBrusca

DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBBoT View Post
It looks like they are going to be fragmented accross different channels as ESPN has bought the rights for Estoril and Strasbourg & Sofia

No, they're not WTA Premier events. While their televising is welcome, they're tournaments that weren't part of the main WTA package anyway.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using VerticalSports.Com App
DanBrusca is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1st, 2012, 11:41 PM   #109
country flag leftyness

leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBBoT View Post

That refers to 2012, but hopefully they'll continue to show tennis in 2013.
leftyness is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 09:54 AM   #110
country flag wally1

wally1 has a brilliant future wally1 has a brilliant future wally1 has a brilliant future wally1 has a brilliant future wally1 has a brilliant future wally1 has a brilliant future wally1 has a brilliant future wally1 has a brilliant future wally1 has a brilliant future wally1 has a brilliant future wally1 has a brilliant future

Slight aside - don;t know how many people have seen the following news that the BBC is reducing it's Red Button service - http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/bbcintern...n_changes.html

This means only one option on the Red Button at Wimbledon, rather than the 5 now - very bad news imo.
wally1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 11:49 AM   #111
country flag leftyness

leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally1 View Post
Slight aside - don;t know how many people have seen the following news that the BBC is reducing it's Red Button service - http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/bbcintern...n_changes.html

This means only one option on the Red Button at Wimbledon, rather than the 5 now - very bad news imo.
Ouch. That will really ruin week one at Wimbly, but at least
Quote:
...I'm pleased to say that content previously on red button will be available on BBC Online and we are developing new ways of bringing enhanced coverage of major events to your televisions in the future.
Good news for UK fans, but sadly not for non-UK fans, as the online Wimbly streams are UK only.

Well spotted, Wally1.
Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 09:25 PM   #112
country flag RBBoT

RBBoT is just really nice RBBoT is just really nice RBBoT is just really nice RBBoT is just really nice RBBoT is just really nice RBBoT is just really nice RBBoT is just really nice RBBoT is just really nice RBBoT is just really nice RBBoT is just really nice RBBoT is just really nice

Quote:
and we are developing new ways of bringing enhanced coverage of major events to your televisions in the future.
By this, I presume they mean the App that's now available for Smart TV's that lets you watch the live streams & clips from the BBC Sport website on the TV via Wifi.
RBBoT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 09:37 PM   #113
country flag leftyness

If BT Vision are to be the people bringing WTA Premier events, then it looks like they're going to keep us waiting for a while...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-20544533

Quote:
BT has chosen to make the Olympic Park broadcast centre in east London the home of its new sports channels.....Building work is set to start on 1 February and BT Sport is due to be launched in the summer of 2013.
Old Dec 4th, 2012, 07:51 AM   #114
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftyness View Post
If BT Vision are to be the people bringing WTA Premier events, then it looks like they're going to keep us waiting for a while...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-20544533
Oh, I have no problem with that. I'm planning on getting BT Vision. At least the deal has been made and finalised.
Old Dec 4th, 2012, 07:57 AM   #115
country flag lenas warriors

lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute

What. They cant not show 6 months of tennis they have paid for!?
Amaze-arenka, Kvitty-GOAT and Halep
Hantuchova, Petrova, Zvonareva, Goerges, Pavlyuchenkova, Makarova, The Other Russians, Koukalova, The Other Czechs,
Kerber, Sharapova, Keys, Townsend, Paszek, Kanepi, Shvedova, Martic, Watson, Robson, Kimiko, Barthel, Erakovic
lenas warriors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4th, 2012, 10:58 AM   #116
country flag GS2
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

GS2 is just really nice GS2 is just really nice GS2 is just really nice GS2 is just really nice GS2 is just really nice GS2 is just really nice GS2 is just really nice GS2 is just really nice GS2 is just really nice GS2 is just really nice GS2 is just really nice

Do we know for sure they have got the rights - has there been an official announcement?

Though given we're weeks away and have heard nothing from anyone it would make sense for BT to have bought them since why bother mentioning it until closer to the launch of the channel in Summer.

If they do have the rights they could always resell them for the next 6 months at a cheap price just to get some money for them - that's what Channel 4 are doing for the World Athletics Champs next year - maybe British Eurosport would take them.
GS2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4th, 2012, 11:43 AM   #117
country flag leftyness

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS2 View Post
Do we know for sure they have got the rights - has there been an official announcement?

Though given we're weeks away and have heard nothing from anyone it would make sense for BT to have bought them since why bother mentioning it until closer to the launch of the channel in Summer.

If they do have the rights they could always resell them for the next 6 months at a cheap price just to get some money for them - that's what Channel 4 are doing for the World Athletics Champs next year - maybe British Eurosport would take them.
Someone has bought the rights, but there's no obligation on them to announce it until they want to. If it was Sky/Eurosport/ESPN, then it would most likely be announced by them. BT might well be happy to sit on it until much closer to their launch, meaning we might not see any WTA prems until the American summer swing. Agreed, reselling the rights to UK Eurosport until the summer makes sense, but maybe they can't/don't wish to.
Old Jan 11th, 2013, 11:00 AM   #118
country flag medianews

medianews is just really nice medianews is just really nice medianews is just really nice medianews is just really nice medianews is just really nice medianews is just really nice medianews is just really nice medianews is just really nice medianews is just really nice medianews is just really nice medianews is just really nice

Official news of WTA Rights
http://www.btplc.com/News/Articles/S...7-23BD03C75197
medianews is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 07:42 PM   #119
country flag traralgon

traralgon is a glorious beacon of light traralgon is a glorious beacon of light traralgon is a glorious beacon of light traralgon is a glorious beacon of light traralgon is a glorious beacon of light traralgon is a glorious beacon of light traralgon is a glorious beacon of light traralgon is a glorious beacon of light traralgon is a glorious beacon of light traralgon is a glorious beacon of light traralgon is a glorious beacon of light

interesting
traralgon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 10:12 PM   #120
country flag Third Mall

Third Mall is a splendid one to behold Third Mall is a splendid one to behold Third Mall is a splendid one to behold Third Mall is a splendid one to behold Third Mall is a splendid one to behold Third Mall is a splendid one to behold Third Mall is a splendid one to behold Third Mall is a splendid one to behold Third Mall is a splendid one to behold Third Mall is a splendid one to behold Third Mall is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by medianews View Post
Terrible, terrible decison.