BT Vision to gain WTA Rights In UK - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: WTA New Contract

Are you Happy with Eurosport 29 93.55%
Are you happy with the new 'proposed' deal with BT Vision 2 6.45%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old Oct 10th, 2012, 07:18 PM   #16
country flag Joe.

Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: BT Vision to gain WTA Rights In UK

Vile

Seriously, who even has BT Vision?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 10th, 2012, 07:23 PM   #17
country flag Chris 84

Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe. View Post
Vile

Seriously, who even has BT Vision?
more people will following their capture of some epl matches.

not saying it is a sensible decision or a decision that i like. but i reckon the guys at bt vision are pretty serious when they're tossing around money the way they are atm.

Bibiane Schoofs Flavia Pennetta Anett Kontaveit Aga Radwanska Tara Moore Sorana Cirstea

MY TWITTER
https://twitter.com/ChrissieBhoy
Chris 84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 07:25 PM   #18
country flag larsson

larsson is a name known to all larsson is a name known to all larsson is a name known to all larsson is a name known to all larsson is a name known to all larsson is a name known to all larsson is a name known to all larsson is a name known to all larsson is a name known to all larsson is a name known to all larsson is a name known to all

larsson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 07:26 PM   #19
country flag Mary Cherry.

Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris 84 View Post
more people will following their capture of some epl matches.

not saying it is a sensible decision or a decision that i like. but i reckon the guys at bt vision are pretty serious when they're tossing around money the way they are atm.
It's the equivalent of once a week for EPL matches though, pretty much what ESPN have now but instead of just subscribing to an extra channel you'd have to change your TV (+ broadband/phone since most come as a package these days) provider. Is it really worth it?
Mary Cherry. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 07:30 PM   #20
country flag pesto

pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of

728,000 subscribers, according to Wiki. Pretty small minority, and it's not available everywhere.

If this is true, it sucks.
pesto is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 07:32 PM   #21
country flag pesto

pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of

I don't blame BT Vision, who are obviously trying to increase market share, but this seems like a very bad move from the WTA.
pesto is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 07:32 PM   #22
country flag veryborednow
Team WTAworld

veryborednow has a brilliant future veryborednow has a brilliant future veryborednow has a brilliant future veryborednow has a brilliant future veryborednow has a brilliant future veryborednow has a brilliant future veryborednow has a brilliant future veryborednow has a brilliant future veryborednow has a brilliant future veryborednow has a brilliant future veryborednow has a brilliant future

Is BT Vision taking football matches from Sky Sports or ESPN?
I can't be arsed with this having to pay extra for each different channel / tv system just to get all of the coverage of one sport.
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 07:33 PM   #23

Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by veryborednow View Post
Is BT Vision taking football matches from Sky Sports or ESPN?
I can't be arsed with this having to pay extra for each different channel / tv system just to get all of the coverage of one sport.
ESPN, I can't see Sky Sports ever losing the football coverage they have tbh.
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 07:35 PM   #24
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pesto View Post
I don't blame BT Vision, who are obviously trying to increase market share, but this seems like a very bad move from the WTA.
We can blame WTA, but they has sold the Rights to one big firm, who now try to seld it country by country instead as ES showed in whole EU.

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Caroline Wozniacki tennis Forums
Jorn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 07:40 PM   #25
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

tbf, if BT Vision have major investors their coverage and quality of stream is bound to be top-notch. Who knows, they might be better than ES

but, will we still have ES commentary? (in terms of voices: Sam, Chris, Frou etc) I hope so
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 07:44 PM   #26
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't be surprised, if BT vision is ever to challenge Sky they're going to have to snap up whatever they can get, and they have the money to pay through the roof for them.

Last edited by jameshazza : Oct 10th, 2012 at 07:53 PM.
jameshazza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 07:47 PM   #27
country flag Chip.

Chip. has a brilliant future Chip. has a brilliant future Chip. has a brilliant future Chip. has a brilliant future Chip. has a brilliant future Chip. has a brilliant future Chip. has a brilliant future Chip. has a brilliant future Chip. has a brilliant future Chip. has a brilliant future Chip. has a brilliant future

Who actually has BT Vision?
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 07:49 PM   #28
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip. View Post

Who actually has BT Vision?
I best the vast majority are 60+ pensioners
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 07:50 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by serbian_siren View Post
I best the vast majority are 60+ pensioners
What does BT Vision have to do with old people?
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 07:53 PM   #30
Forever Sharapova.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Cherry. View Post
What does BT Vision have to do with old people?
both sets of grandparents have it, as does my great aunt, they do a pensioners package
just speaking from personal experience