From year-end number 1 to not even making the Y.E.C... - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 11th, 2012, 12:24 AM   #61
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: From year-end number 1 to not even making the Y.E.C...

Quote:
Originally Posted by faboozadoo15 View Post

so green with envy and trying so hard to remain relevant it's painful.
You`re projecting...

My Tennis Photo Database
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 11th, 2012, 12:34 AM   #62
faboozadoo15

faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
You`re projecting...
Projecting what?
She and her father have tried to keep her in the conversation for as long as possible.

I love how all of a sudden you're trying to make Caroline seem like she is losing because she isn't working hard enough and not just that other players improved and have figured her out.
faboozadoo15 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2012, 12:36 AM   #63
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by faboozadoo15 View Post
Projecting what?
Your ugly personality traits onto her

Please stop it, you sound like the most stereotypical hater ever.

My Tennis Photo Database
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2012, 12:40 AM   #64
faboozadoo15

faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
Your ugly personality traits onto her

Please stop it, you sound like the most stereotypical hater ever.
Oh yeah, totally forgot that the sun shines out her ass, and everyone who points out that she's annoying must be a hater and have an ugly personality.

The commentators are even tired of her.
faboozadoo15 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2012, 01:56 AM   #65
country flag netphobia

netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold

You are a hater and you are unattractive inside.

netphobia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2012, 02:11 AM   #66
country flag Matt01

Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute

fabazoodyboo
Old Oct 11th, 2012, 02:17 AM   #67
country flag taloki

taloki has much to be proud of taloki has much to be proud of taloki has much to be proud of taloki has much to be proud of taloki has much to be proud of taloki has much to be proud of taloki has much to be proud of taloki has much to be proud of taloki has much to be proud of taloki has much to be proud of taloki has much to be proud of

It's a combination of:

1. Abandoning her old game - she has become an UE machine and she can't hit enough winners to compensate.
2. The other girls have stepped up.
3. Everytime she has an early loss in a tournament...you'll find her at the golf course instead of training.

Caro all the best in 2013 (prove the haters wrong please ).
taloki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2012, 02:29 AM   #68
country flag netphobia

netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold

Do you think she could pull off a power-grinder Vika-esque game? I wonder how long it would take her to work it into consistency...
netphobia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2012, 05:25 AM   #69
coolfish1103

coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by taloki View Post
3. Everytime she has an early loss in a tournament...you'll find her at the golf course instead of training.
It actually works out really well since Golf Tournaments usually begins on Thursday!
Old Oct 11th, 2012, 07:05 AM   #70
country flag $uricate
Step to this. I dare you.

$uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolfish1103 View Post
It actually works out really well since Golf Tournaments usually begins on Thursday!
So really it's only the Tuesday and Wednesday of each week that she's at a loose end

PopCon 2013.
$uricate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2012, 07:13 AM   #71
country flag eck
Esmerelda

eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrinbaker00 View Post
Are those places or people?
Old Oct 11th, 2012, 07:17 AM   #72
country flag Melange

Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemurenai View Post
The thing is, though, that she probably does give many f**ks about the situation. You picked the wrong occasion, I think, to use that image The contrast is quite amazing.

For people who have been watching Caroline (I've seen her play only a few times this year), have her losses been because she's changing her style slightly (and trying to make a more aggressive game work for her)? I say this because, the few times I have seen her play this year, she's seemed to be more aggressive than usual.
She is losing to a lot more scrubs now because she changed from her safe defensive game and makes a lot more errors and also messed around with her solid serve. Her latest service stance looks like she needs go to the bathroom. Her brilliant win at Seoul might have been due to her going back to a bit more pushing. For players who change their game and dont get the results quickly, they can change back to their familiar game. A big reason for why the change to aggressive style has not worked right away is that she is not as fixated on the tennis world, now that golf has come in.
Old Oct 11th, 2012, 07:28 AM   #73
country flag Pops Maellard
Quiche

Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melange View Post
She is losing to a lot more scrubs now because she changed from her safe defensive game and makes a lot more errors and also messed around with her solid serve. Her latest service stance looks like she needs go to the bathroom. Her brilliant win at Seoul might have been due to her going back to a bit more pushing. For players who change their game and dont get the results quickly, they can change back to their familiar game. A big reason for why the change to aggressive style has not worked right away is that she is not as fixated on the tennis world, now that golf has come in.
Why the hell did they mess with her serve anyway? It was one of the two parts of her game that didn't scream "my former footballer father taught me this".

Top 20 is what her actual tennis talent reflects and even that's a bit of a stretch IMO, so I won't gloat that she's fallen in the ranks although I'm very glad about it.

Maria
Venus
ANA
Petra
Pops Maellard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2012, 07:42 AM   #74
country flag Sombrerero loco

Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
Not even making Bali

Slava Shvedova- Bel Bencic- Alize Lim
Sombrerero loco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2012, 02:43 PM   #75
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by netphobia View Post
Do you think she could pull off a power-grinder Vika-esque game? I wonder how long it would take her to work it into consistency...

But she would still have to learn how to flatten out her shots, acquire good hands--to angle those flatter shots and have the precision to hit them near the baseline. In addition, she'd also have to acquire the timing (along with those better hands) to play closer to the baseline, with everything just said.

Maybe she could? But based off of what We've seen--and not seen from Wozniaki, it would take her 2-3 years to properly acquire this--at Vika-like levels, if she could at all.

Remember, though they're frequently compared; Wozniaki is not Radwanska (someone who hits flattish, can stand on the baseline and has very good hands already). Different skill sets. I will agree, Wozniaki is considerably larger than Radwanksa, so there fore she may be able to generate more power, regarding the power end of the "Power Grinder" equation, yes. But that may be it.

Unfortunately, based off of her skill set, Wozniaki may be more of a Petkovic power grinder, than Vika-lite, in your question/equation.
Excelscior is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote