Are Azarenka and Wozniacki still friends? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 9th, 2012, 12:10 AM   #1
country flag TennisArt

TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold
Are Azarenka and Wozniacki still friends?

Or as close as they used to be? I am sure it must feel really weird being Wozniacki right now. She was the "leader" or the Woz-Aga-Vika tribe and ranked number one in the World. She was grabbing all the headlines.

I can remember her U.S Open match with Sharapova that she won, where it seemed as if she was becoming a huge star and the World was in the palm of her hands. Now her two BFF's are ranked above her and Azarenka has won a slam, something she was unable to do. It must be so awkward for her.
TennisArt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 9th, 2012, 12:13 AM   #2
babsi

babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future
Re: Are Azarenka and Wozniacki still friends?

It is hard to say for sure but I have a feeling they are not as close as they used to be. I would also guess it is not from Caro's side either.

babsi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2012, 12:24 AM   #3
country flag KournikovaFan91
*Sesil*

KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute

Noticed that too that they don't seem close. I mean Caro went and got a boyfriend and Vika became the leader of the generation with her slam so I guess it all contributed somewhat to their friendship not being quite as strong as it was.
Old Sep 9th, 2012, 12:59 AM   #4
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute

R.I.P. Bally
Sammo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2012, 01:02 AM   #5
country flag young_gunner913
Praise thy name.

young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute

Vika doesn't need Caro anymore. She can be BFF's with Serena.
Old Sep 9th, 2012, 01:08 AM   #6
country flag NashaP

NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold

Caro must be so pressed these days
NashaP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2012, 01:09 AM   #7
country flag Jane Lane

Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute

I've always felt Vika was closer with Zvonareva, Goerges, Kirilenko etc. than with Woz/Radwanska but that's just me.

During one of the Wimbledon rain delays last year or the year before they went behind the scenes with Vika and she was chilling out with Julia and Vera.
Jane Lane is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2012, 01:10 AM   #8
country flag aloeball

aloeball has a brilliant future aloeball has a brilliant future aloeball has a brilliant future aloeball has a brilliant future aloeball has a brilliant future aloeball has a brilliant future aloeball has a brilliant future aloeball has a brilliant future aloeball has a brilliant future aloeball has a brilliant future aloeball has a brilliant future

Check their facebook friends list. That might help
Old Sep 9th, 2012, 01:10 AM   #9
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute

She probably forgot who Caro is now

ZARINA DIYAS. QIANG WANG. SHILIN XU. AYUMI MORITA.
LESIA TSURENKO. ALIZÉ LIM. ANA IVANOVIC. JULIA GOERGES.
CASEY DELLACQUA. NAIKTHA BAINS. PRISCILLA HON. DESTANEE AIAVA.
Kəv. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2012, 01:16 AM   #10
country flag Jimmie48
Killer Queen

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

*in before Vikapower's delusional rant*

I have seen nothing that suggests that they aren't friends anymore. However, I can imagine that their relationship has changed a bit since Caro is obviously extremely focused on the golfer.

I mean, I think many of us have experienced that before, mates getting a new bf/gf, neglecting their friends a bit... they usually come crawling back once it's over

I don't think their tennis results have anything to do with that. Both of them (most tennis players really) have explained how they absolutely never talk about tennis in private because it's pretty much the only way to stay friends on the tour.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2012, 01:18 AM   #11
country flag wildemu

wildemu has a reputation beyond repute wildemu has a reputation beyond repute wildemu has a reputation beyond repute wildemu has a reputation beyond repute wildemu has a reputation beyond repute wildemu has a reputation beyond repute wildemu has a reputation beyond repute wildemu has a reputation beyond repute wildemu has a reputation beyond repute wildemu has a reputation beyond repute wildemu has a reputation beyond repute

being friends with caro nowadays means you need to be friends with rory, and who wants to be around him?
wildemu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2012, 01:23 AM   #12
country flag OsamaBenHurriKan

OsamaBenHurriKan is just really nice OsamaBenHurriKan is just really nice OsamaBenHurriKan is just really nice OsamaBenHurriKan is just really nice OsamaBenHurriKan is just really nice OsamaBenHurriKan is just really nice OsamaBenHurriKan is just really nice OsamaBenHurriKan is just really nice OsamaBenHurriKan is just really nice OsamaBenHurriKan is just really nice OsamaBenHurriKan is just really nice

Well, Kerber and Wozniacki were very close and they celebrated birthday in Monaco with Djoker in 2010...

That changed because of Stuttgart and Copenhagen...
OsamaBenHurriKan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2012, 01:24 AM   #13

OsamaBenHurriKan is just really nice OsamaBenHurriKan is just really nice OsamaBenHurriKan is just really nice OsamaBenHurriKan is just really nice OsamaBenHurriKan is just really nice OsamaBenHurriKan is just really nice OsamaBenHurriKan is just really nice OsamaBenHurriKan is just really nice OsamaBenHurriKan is just really nice OsamaBenHurriKan is just really nice OsamaBenHurriKan is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildemu View Post
being friends with caro nowadays means you need to be friends with rory, and who wants to be around him?
He is successful and is winning.
Old Sep 9th, 2012, 01:26 AM   #14
country flag Jimmie48
Killer Queen

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by OsamaBenHurriKan View Post

That changed because of Stuttgart and Copenhagen...
Again, that is most likely completely nonsense. These girls often know each other all the way from juniors, have played each other before, this stuff doesn't end a friendship. If it would, there would be no friends among the players at all because they all end up playing each other sooner or later.

Unless they are visible tensions like with Vika and Radwanska, I don't think tennis influences this too much. And even these two seem to be over it by now.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2012, 01:32 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
Juniors, nonsense... I think
when did Vika faced Caro?