Sania Mirza tempted to return to singles - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 10th, 2012, 03:02 PM   #1
country flag spiceboy

spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute
Sania Mirza tempted to return to singles

http://www.deccanherald.com/content/...les-sania.html

Tempted to return to singles: Sania

Pragya Tiwari, New Delhi, October 8, 2012, DHNS:
Indian happy with doubles display
Sania Mirza may have decided to quit singles a couple of months ago but she confessed feeling “tempted” to make a return and has even been practicing “on the sly”.

Following a spate of injuries that rocked her career, the Hyerabadi decided to turn her focus solely on the doubles game.

The 26-year-old, who last played in the singles in June on grass and has since slipped to 286th place, said she is still mulling on the matter and will be taking a final decision in a couple of months.

"If someone would have asked me to reconsider singles a couple of months ago, I would have said a straight "no". But after US Open I have been very temped to play in the singles. I feel I still have the ability but it is my body, particularly my knee, which puts me in doubt. In fact, I have even been practicing for singles on the sly,” she laughed.

“I have already made three comebacks and this one will be a fourth. So I have to take a sensible call on it. It will also depend a lot on my new doubles partner and how she takes it. Playing in singles will mean playing a lot more matches, including the qualifying now.”

Meanwhile, Sania is enjoying her good run in the doubles this year, the most recent being her final appearance at the China Open in Beijing with her new Spanish partner Nuria Llagostera Vives.

“It has been a very good year for me, reaching six finals including a (Grand) Slam. Doing well at the end of the year is always special. Obviously, we would have liked to win the final in Beijing but no complains,” said Sania who was here at the DLTA complex during her five-hour stopover en route Hyderabad.

“At the moment I am playing with Nuria and will play with her in our last tournament for this year at Moscow. But I am yet to take a call on whom I will be partnering next year.”

The year has also been marked by fallout with her mixed doubles partner Mahesh Bhupathi with whom she won both her Grand Slam titles. While she insisted all is well with Bhupathi, she has zeroed in on a new mixed doubles partner for the 2013 Australian Open. She, though, refused to reveal the name.

“I have not committed for a year, so I will take a decision before the Australian Open.

“But it’s not Mahesh. Our relationship is a lot more than that. We may not talk for some days or a week but our families have been friends for long. I met Mahesh, Lara and Saira in Beijing and it was nice. We won’t like to mix our personal and professional matters,” she added.

In fact, she will be back training with Mahesh and Rohan Bopanna like every year in Mumbai in December but before that Sania plans to take a few weeks off and be with her husband and Pakistan cricketer Shoaib Malik in South Africa during the Champions League Twenty20 tournament.
spiceboy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 10th, 2012, 03:05 PM   #2
country flag pregunta

pregunta is a glorious beacon of light pregunta is a glorious beacon of light pregunta is a glorious beacon of light pregunta is a glorious beacon of light pregunta is a glorious beacon of light pregunta is a glorious beacon of light pregunta is a glorious beacon of light pregunta is a glorious beacon of light pregunta is a glorious beacon of light pregunta is a glorious beacon of light pregunta is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Sania Mirza tempted to return to singles

again

...MOLINERO...IRIGOYEN...
...DUARTE... PODOROSKA...
...PELLA...VEGA...

Veronica Cepede Paula Ormaechea Monica Puig
pregunta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 03:08 PM   #3
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

if she can get back to this form then YES YES YES
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 03:10 PM   #4
country flag Start da Game

Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute

i am certainly not looking forward to it......

enlighten yourself...
Start da Game is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 09:05 PM   #5
country flag toxina90

toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute

I hope so! She's too good for just doubles...shame that her lack of consistency never allowed her to get those big wins, or else she's definitely top 10 material

Zakopalova~Dulko~Paszek~Pironkova~Clijsters~Golovi n~K.Bondarenko~Bouchard~Tsurenko

Schiavone~Li~Petkovic~Perebiynis~Mirza~Morigami~Fe dak~Wickmayer~Peer
toxina90 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 09:12 PM   #6
country flag Miracle Worker

Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute

If she wants...
Kimiko Date Krumm, Tomas Berdych, Michail Youzhny, Daniel Brands
Elena Dementieva, Julia Cohen, Anna Chakvetadze
Miracle Worker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 09:47 PM   #7
country flag Helen Lawson

Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute

Lisa Raymond beat her on clay in singles, she should have called it quits then.
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 09:52 PM   #8
LeRoy.

LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute

She should just focus on the Indian version of DWTS.
LeRoy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 10:51 PM   #9
country flag Shonami Slam

Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute

oh, more WC?
if you have nothing important to say, please do so in non-tennis forum. if you have something you think is important, but is actually rubbish regarding anything other than tennis - please do so in the non-tennis forum. if you have something tennis related to say, but it's actually "OMG, X player is so h0t!1" or "who has the biggest boobs on the wtatour" please do so in menstennisforum, under "wta forum". if you have something important, tennis-related and interesting to say please do so. No one in the world can understand how much tennis means to someone, except another fan.
Shonami Slam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 11:15 PM   #10
country flag brickhousesupporter

brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't even know she quit......Has she ever had a big win in her career. I keep hearing name, but the never the results.
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 11:45 PM   #11
country flag Bismarck.

Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shonami Slam View Post
oh, more WC?
The only WC I could see her getting is for Doha/Dubai.
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 11:45 PM   #12
MakarovaFan

MakarovaFan has a brilliant future MakarovaFan has a brilliant future MakarovaFan has a brilliant future MakarovaFan has a brilliant future MakarovaFan has a brilliant future MakarovaFan has a brilliant future MakarovaFan has a brilliant future MakarovaFan has a brilliant future MakarovaFan has a brilliant future MakarovaFan has a brilliant future MakarovaFan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickhousesupporter View Post
I didn't even know she quit......Has she ever had a big win in her career. I keep hearing name, but the never the results.
She has 4 top 10 wins, 12 top 20 wins, 1 tour title, 4 tour finals, 2 Premier/Tier1 QFs, a career high of 27,11 tour SF's, a GS Rd 16 and IW Rd 16......she may not have been a future number 1 or GS (singles) champ but she def had the 'results'.
New Breed: Maria,Anastasia Myskina,Nicole,Ana,Tatiana Golovin,Jelena J,Iveta Benesova,Olga Poutchkova,Camille Pin,Maria Kirilenko,Alonya Bondarenko,Meilen Tu,Sania Mirza,Rezai,Ashley H,Tataina Poutchek,Sandra Kloesel,Klara Z,Mirjana Lucic,Dominka Cibulkova,Emauelle Gagliardi,Jelena Kostanic,Iroda,Martina Sucha,Raluca Olaru,Kveta,Marta D,Bethanie,Bychkova

Lilia Osterloh,Viktoriya Kutuzova,Yurika Sema,Anastasia Pivavrova(?),Stanislava Hrozenska,Marie-Eve,Zsofia,Angelika Roesch,Sunitha Rao,Anne Keothavang,Olivia Sanchez,Angela Haynes,Alex S,Jelena Dokic,Rosana De Los Rios,Kristina Brandi,Eva Fislova,Lindsay Lee

Elena Makarova,Anna K, Capriati,Lindsay,Henrieta Nagyova,Anca Barna,Petra Mandula,Jana Kandarr,

Last edited by MakarovaFan : Oct 10th, 2012 at 11:59 PM.
MakarovaFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 11:47 PM   #13

Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickhousesupporter View Post
I think she beat Kuznetsova once at Wimbledon, maybe in the middle east once too, I can't remember.
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 11:48 PM   #14
country flag Bismarck.

Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen Lawson View Post
I think she beat Kuznetsova once at Wimbledon, maybe in the middle east once too, I can't remember.
She beat Kuznetsova in '05 Dubai and took her to three sets at Wimbledon in that very same year but lost. I can't think off the top of my head who else in the top 10 she beat.
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 11:53 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Матвей. View Post
She beat Kuznetsova in '05 Dubai and took her to three sets at Wimbledon in that very same year but lost. I can't think off the top of my head who else in the top 10 she beat.
Thank God for that, Kuznetsova is back on the HOF short list.