2012 Regionals - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 23rd, 2012, 10:24 PM   #61
country flag CTSEMT

CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all
Re: 2012 Regionals

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
Goes to 3rd
What happened? Krista was winning so easily when I was watching earlier. I guess she finally got frustrated by all of these slice forehands from Schutting?
CTSEMT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 23rd, 2012, 10:42 PM   #62
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Krista holds AT LAST 3-2 lead
"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Nil admirari (never enthuse over things).
- Horace, Epistles
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23rd, 2012, 10:53 PM   #63
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

broken again still 4-3 lead
"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Oct 23rd, 2012, 11:09 PM   #64
country flag CTSEMT

CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all

Schutting is really hitting out and actually playing quite well now. A few too many errors from Krista, but this is much higher quality tennis overall than earlier in the match.

Krista serving now at 5-5 in the 3rd.
Old Oct 23rd, 2012, 11:11 PM   #65
country flag fantic

broken again Anett is returning serve better..
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Oct 23rd, 2012, 11:16 PM   #66
country flag CTSEMT

Tiebreak! Got my popcorn ready...
Old Oct 23rd, 2012, 11:28 PM   #67
country flag fantic

a win is a win?

I'll write the match impression at my blog.

GL at NY, Krista!
Anett
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Oct 23rd, 2012, 11:28 PM   #68
country flag CTSEMT

Nice dramatic finish to regionals. Krista pulls it out, but I'm sure both will be headed to NY.
Old Oct 23rd, 2012, 11:48 PM   #69
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

Stanford takes the big prizes, but California looks very competitive early on in the year.
2nd_serve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24th, 2012, 07:56 AM   #70
country flag fantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
Singles: (32 draw)
 4 Riviera/ITA All‐American Semifinalists; Embree, Lao, Elbaba, Scandalis
 1 Riviera/ITA All‐American Consolation Winner; Macfarlane
 12 USTA/ITA Regional Champions; Josifoska
 1 USTA/ITA National Small College Champion
 1 Host Site wild card
 2 USTA wild cards
 1 ITA wild card

 10 At‐large:
o 6 of the 12 USTA/ITA Regional
Championship runners‐up
o 4 At‐large selections based on fall
results
Host Site WC should go to Bartnik, she lost to Zoe at WAATC in 3.
Dunno about 3 WCs, but if Gibbsy and Trice are healthy they'll get it I guess? Who else?

Below are the finalists, from Zootennis;

Northwest: Krista Hardebeck(5) Stanford d. Anett Schutting(4) Cal 6-3, 4-6, 7-6(4)
Southwest: Robin Anderson(1) UCLA d. Sabrina Santamaria(2) USC 6-2, 6-4
Mountain: Aleksandra Josifoska(2) UNLV d. Sarah Pham(3) Utah 6-3, 6-4
Texas: Cristina Sanchez-Quintanar(1) Texas A&M d. Ema Burgic(7) Baylor 6-2, 0-6, 6-3
Central: Petra Niedermayerova(1) Kansas St. d. Samantha Vickers(2) Tulsa 6-1, 7-5
Midwest: Kate Turvy(2) Northwestern d. Britney Sanders(7) Notre Dame 6-4, 0-6, 6-4
Northeast: Amanda Muliwan(11) Princeton d. Kanika Vaidya(6) Columbia 6-4, 6-4
Ohio Valley: Kata Szekely(2) Tennessee d. Brynn Boren(1) Tennessee 6-4, 6-2
Atlantic: Petra Januskova(1) Penn State d. Li Xi(2) Virginia 6-2, 6-2
Carolinas: Hanna Mar(3) Duke d. Zoe De Bruycker(4) North Carolina 6-1, 6-3
Southern: Alexa Guarachi(1) Alabama d. Caroline Rohde-Moe(2) Ole Miss 6-1, 5-7, 7-5
Southeast: Lauren Herring(7) Georgia d. Sofie Oyen(5) Florida 7-6(3), 7-6(1)

I think Santamaria, Schutting, Burgic, Boren will go. Frankly Sabs and Brynn should be included in 4 at large category, imo (Both are WAATC Quarterfinalists) I think Bektas might be included in that 4 at-large, since she's Regional Quarterfinalist in the regional and her ranking is high(9). Maybe Batta too?

The ranking of other finalists;

Brynn Boren
University of Tennessee
Anett Schutting
California
Zoe De Bruycker
North Carolina
Sofie Oyen
University of Florida
Samantha Vickers
University of Tulsa
Caroline Rohde-Moe
University of Mississippi
Li Xi
University of Virginia
Britney Sanders
Notre Dame
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Oct 24th, 2012, 05:05 PM   #71
country flag CTSEMT

My guesses for the 10 at-larges are below. I think they will go almost entirely with the rankings, with the exception of including Burgic who has had a particularly impressive fall.

#8 Sabrina Santamaria (USC) - Southwest Region Finalist
#18 Brynn Boren (Tennessee) - Ohio Valley Region Finalist
#22 Anett Schutting (Cal) - Northwest Region Finalist
#26 Zoe De Bruycker (UNC) - Carolina Region Finalist
#32 Sofie Oyen (Florida) - Southeast Region Finalist
Ema Burgic (Baylor) - Texas Region Finalist

#5 Zsofi Susanyi (Cal) - Northwest Region Quarterfinalist
#9 Emina Bektas (Michigan) - Midwest Region Quarterfinalist
#15 Natalie Beazant (Rice) - Texas Region Quarterfinalist
#16 Stacey Tan (Stanford) - Northwest Region Quarterfinalist

Wild-cards should go to Gibbs & Capra, if they are healthy/interested. I'd guess the third will go to a freshman - probably one of Kay, Collins or McPhillips?
Old Oct 24th, 2012, 05:51 PM   #72
country flag fantic

Those are reasonable choices, I guess.
I would like to give WC to the remaining finalists,
Samantha Vickers
University of Tulsa
Caroline Rohde-Moe
University of Mississippi
Li Xi
University of Virginia
Britney Sanders
Notre Dame(she in fact beat Emina )

McPhillips was a regional Quarterfinalist, were Kay and Collins? Too lazy to check Collins did play well at WAATC, advancing to Rd of 16.

How about Kowase? She a quarterfinalist at WAATC. Every other Quarterfinalists goes to NY (if Boren is going). Did she do well at the Regional?

Ray? Advanced to Q final in WAATC, lost to Collins in 3, and SW R semifinalist, also losing to Sabs in 3.
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Oct 24th, 2012, 07:53 PM   #73
country flag CTSEMT

Yeah, Kowase is also highly possible, she made southeast semis, though lost to Oyen 3 & 0

Kay lost to De Bruycker in Carolina semis; Collins lost in R16, but could still be chosen as ITA or USTA wildcard.

I think the whole point of the new rules are to limit the super-weak regions (Northeast, Atlantic, Southern, Central, Mountain) to 1 spot. Besides the 6 finalists I listed, that leave Britney Sanders, who I might pick myself, but I think she will be hurt by the fact that ND didn't participate in All-Americans.
Old Oct 24th, 2012, 08:03 PM   #74
country flag fantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTSEMT View Post
Yeah, Kowase is also highly possible, she made southeast semis, though lost to Oyen 3 & 0

Kay lost to De Bruycker in Carolina semis; Collins lost in R16, but could still be chosen as ITA or USTA wildcard.

I think the whole point of the new rules are to limit the super-weak regions (Northeast, Atlantic, Southern, Central, Mountain) to 1 spot. Besides the 6 finalists I listed, that leave Britney Sanders, who I might pick myself, but I think she will be hurt by the fact that ND didn't participate in All-Americans.
Yeah, Vickers of Tulsa too, for that matter.
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Oct 24th, 2012, 08:10 PM   #75
country flag fantic

Stephanie Wagner is definitely one to look out for

article
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles