2012 Regionals - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 19th, 2012, 11:15 PM   #16
country flag CTSEMT

CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all
Re: 2012 Regionals

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTSEMT View Post
Southeast regional draws: http://www.hurricanesports.com/ViewA...CLID=205715730

Um...only 4 seeds in a 64 singles draw? It's not like there is a shortage of ranked players in the region.

Yet still there are not many interesting early round matchups. Maybe [3]Vasenina-Janowicz in Round 2...
I guess they did a completely new draw to fix the seeds

http://www.georgiastatesports.com/pd...B_OEM_ID=12700

No huge surprises through 2 rounds, with UF and UGA each having 4 players into the round 16.
CTSEMT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 20th, 2012, 03:33 AM   #17
country flag CTSEMT

CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all

Gibbs withdrew before her first match

Still injured, I guess. Hopefully she is not the new Kristie Ahn.
Old Oct 20th, 2012, 04:21 AM   #18
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I guess they did a completely new draw to fix the seeds

http://www.georgiastatesports.com/pd...B_OEM_ID=12700

No huge surprises through 2 rounds, with UF and UGA each having 4 players into the round 16.
FSU, Sargeant and Segarelli both losing

And Olivia lost to Vriens

Kowase vs Woodard could be tight. If Maho can't pass..

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 2012, 04:24 AM   #19
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

YET ANOTHER chance for Krista to win it all

And.

64 Dillon/Hardebeck d. Skaras/Wolny 9-8(2)

a win is a win!

64 Leon Chao/Medlin d. Chui/Duranteau 8-6

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson

Last edited by fantic : Oct 20th, 2012 at 04:33 AM.
Old Oct 20th, 2012, 11:22 AM   #20
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

I wonder if Anderson and Santamaria will compete today in singles, because;

Four (4) at‐large selections will be made from the pool of players who have reached at least the quarterfinals of
the ITA All‐American Singles Championship or the quarterfinals a USTA/ITA Regional Singles Championship.
From this pool, the National Tournament Committee will select players based on fall results/performance and
ITA National Preseason Rankings.

Since Robin is ranked #2 & Sabrina is #8

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Oct 20th, 2012, 02:38 PM   #21
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Quote:

Singles: (32 draw)
 4 Riviera/ITA All‐American Semifinalists; Embree, Lao, Elbaba, Scandalis
 1 Riviera/ITA All‐American Consolation Winner; Macfarlane
 12 USTA/ITA Regional Champions; Josifoska
 1 USTA/ITA National Small College Champion
 1 Host Site wild card
 2 USTA wild cards
 1 ITA wild card

 10 At‐large:
o 6 of the 12 USTA/ITA Regional
Championship runners‐up
o 4 At‐large selections based on fall
results

Maybe she'll get a WC? Trice too?

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Oct 20th, 2012, 05:02 PM   #22
country flag CTSEMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
I wonder if Anderson and Santamaria will compete today in singles, because;

Four (4) at‐large selections will be made from the pool of players who have reached at least the quarterfinals of
the ITA All‐American Singles Championship or the quarterfinals a USTA/ITA Regional Singles Championship.
From this pool, the National Tournament Committee will select players based on fall results/performance and
ITA National Preseason Rankings.

Since Robin is ranked #2 & Sabrina is #8
Don't think Sabs would, but I would be less than surprised if Anderson withdrew "injured" from her all-UCLA quarterfinal.
Old Oct 20th, 2012, 10:29 PM   #23
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

surprisingly both played, Sabs and Robin winning easily in 2s.

Dunno who won between Guillermo and Stubbes, went to 3.
And Ray beat Morton.

In dbls, both USC teams advanced, #1 seed team too after beating UA team 9-8 just barely won against the SDSU team too quickly though And LBSU def. ASU to complete the semifinal lineup

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Oct 20th, 2012, 11:19 PM   #24
country flag CTSEMT

Rough day for UF in Southeast R16:

Borthwick (FSU) def. Cercone (UF) 6-3 6-7 7-6
Herring (UGA) def. Morgan (UF) 6-1 3-6 7-5
Craft (UGA) def. Collins (UF) 1-6 6-4 7-6

at the scorelines. I guess Embree forgot to teach them how not to choke before running off to the 25k pro tournaments in SC.
Old Oct 20th, 2012, 11:48 PM   #25
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

But a silver lining for UF; Morgan. Beat FSU player and then lost to Herring narrowly That must be a heartening result for them

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Oct 21st, 2012, 01:20 AM   #26
country flag CTSEMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
But a silver lining for UF; Morgan. Beat FSU player and then lost to Herring narrowly That must be a heartening result for them
Morgan is a good player actually. Hard to say this early, but I think she will be competitive with Cercone/Jano/Hitimana for 4-7 in UF's lineup. I guess she was under the radar because she didn't really play in Juniors, but she has decent results recently on the pro circuit - she crushed Hayley Carter in the 1st round of Gainesville 10k during All-Americans & lost in 3 to Cako over the summer.
Old Oct 21st, 2012, 02:29 AM   #27
country flag CTSEMT

It seems Syracuse skipped regionals entirely - looks like just about the entire team is playing in Quals of ITF 50k Saguenay instead. Who cares about college, they've got to prepare themselves for the endless WTA wildcards that await once the graduate.
Old Oct 21st, 2012, 02:44 AM   #28
country flag CTSEMT

Stanford-Cal have really monopolized the Northwest region QFs - it's almost like a dual match at this point.

[12] Fabikova (CAL) vs [13] Ahn (STAN)
[4] Schutting (CAL) vs [8] Tsay (STAN)
[10] Davis (CAL) vs [3] Tan (STAN)
[2] Susanyi (CAL) vs [5] Hardebeck (STAN)
Old Oct 21st, 2012, 03:21 AM   #29
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Quote:
Morgan is a good player actually. Hard to say this early, but I think she will be competitive with Cercone/Jano/Hitimana for 4-7 in UF's lineup. I guess she was under the radar because she didn't really play in Juniors, but she has decent results recently on the pro circuit - she crushed Hayley Carter in the 1st round of Gainesville 10k during All-Americans & lost in 3 to Cako over the summer.
Oh, didn't know that.

And where IS everybody? Did they all migrate to a new site or what?

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Oct 21st, 2012, 04:00 AM   #30
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Women's Open Singles

16 (5) Krista Hardebeck d. (11) Lynn Chi 6-0; 6-1
32 (5) Krista Hardebeck d. Ane McPike 6-0; 6-0
64 (5) Krista Hardebeck d. Hannah Liljekvist 6-1; 6-1

Krista is bulldozing over her opponents

- Woodrow Wilson