2012 Regionals - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 10th, 2012, 07:38 AM   #1
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute
2012 Regionals

Mountain Regional starts tomorrow, so thought a thread would be appropriate.

ITA WEBSITE

UNLV website
"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Nil admirari (never enthuse over things).
- Horace, Epistles
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 10th, 2012, 07:30 PM   #2
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation
Re: 2012 Regionals

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10sE View Post
Gouci: Nelly Ciolkowski is graduating this May and will seek to play her senior year at another university as a graduate student. If an athlete graduates and still has eligibility left, they can transfer if their new school offers a graduate degree that their old school does not.
http://www.itatennis.com/Assets/2012...ngles+Draw.pdf

Nelly Ciolkowski, NYIT
Embittered is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12th, 2012, 10:01 PM   #3
country flag CTSEMT

CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
Mountain Regional starts tomorrow, so thought a thread would be appropriate.

ITA WEBSITE

UNLV website
Only one round of singles completed after 2 days with a 128 draw? Yikes. Well, maybe if Batta-Josifoska contest the final as expected, there is still some chance for the other schools to leave on time. Really bad for BYU especially since they refuse to play on Sundays.
CTSEMT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17th, 2012, 04:33 AM   #4
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

SW R draw is out;

link
"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Oct 17th, 2012, 03:41 PM   #5
country flag CTSEMT

CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all

Carolina regional @ Wake with live scoring

http://www.wakeforestsports.com/spor...nships-12.html

QD and Doubles are out now (MD Thurs after Qual is completed).
Old Oct 17th, 2012, 10:50 PM   #6
country flag CTSEMT

Purdue regional draws: http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...onal_Draws.pdf

Illinois tournament central (QD only so far): http://www.fightingillini.com/sports...nal-2012.html#
Old Oct 18th, 2012, 03:53 PM   #7
country flag CTSEMT

From Stanford release:

WOMEN'S TEAM

For the sixth straight season, Taube Family Tennis Stadium will serve as the host site for the women's tournament.

Participating in the singles draw for Stanford are Kristie Ahn, Natalie Dillon, Nicole Gibbs, Krista Hardebeck, Lindsey Kostas, Stacey Tan and Ellen Tsay.

The Cardinal will be represented in doubles with teams of Tan/Tsay and Dillon/Hardebeck.

Gibbs is looking to defend her crown after defeating Mallory Burdette 6-4, 3-6, 7-6 (3) in last year's final. A three-time All-American, Gibbs is coming off one of the best seasons in school history, becoming only the third player in NCAA history to capture both the NCAA singles and doubles titles in the same season. Stanford's first NCAA singles champion since Amber Liu in 2004, Gibbs has produced an 87-11 overall record and 48-2 mark in dual match play.

The tandem of Tan and Tsay will be seeking its second straight doubles crown, defeating Sacramento State's Clarisse Baca and Maria Meliuk 8-4 in last year's match.
Old Oct 18th, 2012, 11:32 PM   #8
country flag CTSEMT

Texas regional hosted by BU: http://texas.tournaments.usta.com/To....aspx?T=130588
Old Oct 19th, 2012, 12:00 AM   #9
country flag CTSEMT

Illinois doubles draw: http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...ubles_Draw.pdf

Shocking that UM's Bektas & Bolender have split. I thought they were certainly one of the favorites to win Indoors.
Old Oct 19th, 2012, 12:34 AM   #10
country flag fantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTSEMT View Post
Illinois doubles draw: http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...ubles_Draw.pdf

Shocking that UM's Bektas & Bolender have split. I thought they were certainly one of the favorites to win Indoors.
UCLA also split all of their teams
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Oct 19th, 2012, 12:36 AM   #11
country flag fantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTSEMT View Post
From Stanford release:

WOMEN'S TEAM

For the sixth straight season, Taube Family Tennis Stadium will serve as the host site for the women's tournament.

Participating in the singles draw for Stanford are Kristie Ahn, Natalie Dillon, Nicole Gibbs, Krista Hardebeck, Lindsey Kostas, Stacey Tan and Ellen Tsay.

The Cardinal will be represented in doubles with teams of Tan/Tsay and Dillon/Hardebeck.

Gibbs is looking to defend her crown after defeating Mallory Burdette 6-4, 3-6, 7-6 (3) in last year's final. A three-time All-American, Gibbs is coming off one of the best seasons in school history, becoming only the third player in NCAA history to capture both the NCAA singles and doubles titles in the same season. Stanford's first NCAA singles champion since Amber Liu in 2004, Gibbs has produced an 87-11 overall record and 48-2 mark in dual match play.

The tandem of Tan and Tsay will be seeking its second straight doubles crown, defeating Sacramento State's Clarisse Baca and Maria Meliuk 8-4 in last year's match.
Gibbsy is not playing dbls? She's such a good dbls player it would be a waste if she doesn't play..?
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Oct 19th, 2012, 03:17 AM   #12
country flag CTSEMT

Southeast regional draws: http://www.hurricanesports.com/ViewA...CLID=205715730

Um...only 4 seeds in a 64 singles draw? It's not like there is a shortage of ranked players in the region.

Yet still there are not many interesting early round matchups. Maybe [3]Vasenina-Janowicz in Round 2...
Old Oct 19th, 2012, 03:25 PM   #13
country flag CTSEMT

Central regional @ Tulsa: http://www.tulsahurricane.com/sports...entral-12.html
Old Oct 19th, 2012, 04:03 PM   #14
country flag CTSEMT

Stanford regional: http://tennislink.usta.com/Tournamen....aspx?T=133101

Pretty unbalanced draw IMHO. Gibbs-Ahn could meet in the QF; so could Susanyi-Hardebeck.
Old Oct 19th, 2012, 10:34 PM   #15
country flag CTSEMT

From Carolina regional:

No. 1 seed Joelle Kissell (NCSU) goes down 6-4, 6-2 to UNC freshman Ashley Dai in the first round

UNC is going to be so deep this season. Hard to even guess how their lineup might look.