Who is better: Mauresmo or Sabatini? - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 9th, 2012, 02:55 PM   #46
country flag MLF

MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Who is better: Mauresmo or Sabatini?

Old enough ( sadly ) to have seen both. Sabatini was better. Both exceptionally talented.

Last edited by MLF : Oct 9th, 2012 at 03:02 PM.
MLF is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 9th, 2012, 02:58 PM   #47
country flag mauresmofan

mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiceboy View Post
Too many inaccuracies here.

First, Gaby did play 3 Grand Slam finals, not 2 as you claim. Won one beating Graf in straight sets, lost the other two against Graf as well both in 3 sets.

Second, as you say, "Mauresmo seemed to get stopped in a lot of Quarters". Well, you are right. It seems. There weren't that many, actually. Apart from that 18/8 huge difference in Grand Slam semifinals, you know what? Sabatini lost in the quarterfinals 10 times, for Mauresmo 9.

Third, regarding low-profile opposition Gaby had to face until 4R tell me about Amelie. Having reached only GS 8 semifinals, in 6 of her QF she faced players out of the top 8 seeds. These were her rivals in a Grand Slam quarterfinal. Good players, but honestly, not a bad or particularly difficult draw at all...

Aus Open 99: Monami (11)
Wimbledon 04: Suárez (9)
Wimbledon 05: Myskina (9)
Wimbledon 06: Myskina (9)
US Open 06: Safina (12)
I asked was she in 1 other final - that was a question not a statement as signified by my use of a question mark. Gabi had a great career and it's a shame she never won another Slam especially the French or Wimbledon as she was well equipped to win either. Anyway one of Mauresmo's stand out performances from her career was that win vs Davenport at the Aussi Open in 99. I had never seen this girl play before and I was flabbergasted at her remarkable level and her backhand and serve were on fire. Also I had seen Lindsay play at the start of the tournament and thought absolutely no way is anyone going to beat her - I really feel like that was peak Lindsay and somehow she was stopped by this unknown quantity. I really don't feel like Lindsay even played as well as that when she won her slams. I know Gabi had similar days especially at the YEC's where she was just outstanding. When oh when will we see another girl who can play like these 2?
"She brought a fresh approach. It's for that that people loved to see her play.It's for that too that I hated to play her, I dreaded her unpredictability. I had lots of problems to sort out. It was seriously gruelling, a constant battle of tactics. Her exit is a huge loss. It's not like we will find a new Mauresmo tomorrow" - Justine Henin on Amélie Mauresmos retirement

Getting Married in Ireland? Check out my website at http://www.ymweddingvideos.com/
mauresmofan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9th, 2012, 03:36 PM   #48
country flag Matt01

Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauresmofan View Post
I really don't feel like Lindsay even played as well as that when she won her slams. I know Gabi had similar days especially at the YEC's where she was just outstanding. When oh when will we see another girl who can play like these 2?

I already noticed the crap you posted about Henin earlier in this thread but this really takes the cake. So delusional
Old Oct 9th, 2012, 04:07 PM   #49
country flag mauresmofan

mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
I already noticed the crap you posted about Henin earlier in this thread but this really takes the cake. So delusional
What "crap" did I post about Henin?
"She brought a fresh approach. It's for that that people loved to see her play.It's for that too that I hated to play her, I dreaded her unpredictability. I had lots of problems to sort out. It was seriously gruelling, a constant battle of tactics. Her exit is a huge loss. It's not like we will find a new Mauresmo tomorrow" - Justine Henin on Amélie Mauresmos retirement

Getting Married in Ireland? Check out my website at http://www.ymweddingvideos.com/
Old Oct 9th, 2012, 04:12 PM   #50
country flag Matt01

Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauresmofan View Post
What "crap" did I post about Henin?

That Momo with "brilliant strategy" forced her into erros at AO 2006 when it was clear for anyone who saw the match that Henin played like crap because she was affected by her illness.
Old Oct 9th, 2012, 04:19 PM   #51
country flag mauresmofan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
That Momo with "brilliant strategy" forced her into erros at AO 2006 when it was clear for anyone who saw the match that Henin played like crap because she was affected by her illness.
It was brilliant strategy she hit heavy topspin to Henins backhand all match using Henin's height disadvantage against her. I know nowadays strategy is something that is only used when the coach comes onto court and tells his or her charge what to do mid match but back then players actually thought about what to do with their shots.

Old Oct 9th, 2012, 04:54 PM   #52
country flag SAEKeithSerena

SAEKeithSerena has a reputation beyond repute SAEKeithSerena has a reputation beyond repute SAEKeithSerena has a reputation beyond repute SAEKeithSerena has a reputation beyond repute SAEKeithSerena has a reputation beyond repute SAEKeithSerena has a reputation beyond repute SAEKeithSerena has a reputation beyond repute SAEKeithSerena has a reputation beyond repute SAEKeithSerena has a reputation beyond repute SAEKeithSerena has a reputation beyond repute SAEKeithSerena has a reputation beyond repute

Mauresmo Miss her.

16-Time Grand Slam Champion.

2013 Titles: Brisbane, Sony Open (Miami), Family Circle Cup, Madrid, Rome, 16th SLAM-THE FRENCH OPEN, Bastad, Roger's Cup

2013 Record: (60-4)
SAEKeithSerena is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9th, 2012, 05:51 PM   #53
country flag hingisGOAT

hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sorry but there is no freaking way Justine was beating Mauresmo. Amelie had fierce form at the end of 2005 and beginning of 2006. She was all but a sure bet against Clijsters and especially Henin. Not only was she playing much better, but as others have pointed out, her heavy topspin game is not something Henin is capable of dealing with, especially on Rebound Ace, when Amelie is in top form.
In tennis history, no top player has suffered more beat-downs in big matches than Vulturepova T1 R16 2-6 1-6 AM | T1 SF0-6 0-6 LD | T1 F 3-6 1-6 MH | AO F 1-6 2-6 SW | T1 R16 1-6 1-6 SW | RG SF 1-6 1-6 AI | Wimbledon SF 2-6 2-6 VW | T1 QF 2-6 2-6 VW | T1 F 4-6 1-6 VA | T1 QF 1-6 3-6 SW | T1 F 1-6 4-6 VA | T1 SF 1-6 2-6 Woz | AO F 3-6 0-6 VA | T1 F 2-6 3-6 VA | T1 QF 1-6 3-6 SW | Olympics F 0-6 1-6 SW | T1 F 3-6 1-6 VA
hingisGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9th, 2012, 07:48 PM   #54
country flag timafi

timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute

whatever both Mauresmo and Sabatini won in their respective careers one thing is sure and that is neither were ever on drugs and had to retire like pussies and have their careers tarnished!
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...on-drug-makers
timafi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9th, 2012, 07:53 PM   #55
country flag hingisGOAT

hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by timafi View Post
whatever both Mauresmo and Sabatini won in their respective careers one thing is sure and that is neither were ever on drugs and had to retire like pussies and have their careers tarnished!
You mad about something? I almost wonder if the player you are referring is not only 10x more accomplished, but also completely and utterly humiliated Mauresmo
In tennis history, no top player has suffered more beat-downs in big matches than Vulturepova T1 R16 2-6 1-6 AM | T1 SF0-6 0-6 LD | T1 F 3-6 1-6 MH | AO F 1-6 2-6 SW | T1 R16 1-6 1-6 SW | RG SF 1-6 1-6 AI | Wimbledon SF 2-6 2-6 VW | T1 QF 2-6 2-6 VW | T1 F 4-6 1-6 VA | T1 QF 1-6 3-6 SW | T1 F 1-6 4-6 VA | T1 SF 1-6 2-6 Woz | AO F 3-6 0-6 VA | T1 F 2-6 3-6 VA | T1 QF 1-6 3-6 SW | Olympics F 0-6 1-6 SW | T1 F 3-6 1-6 VA
hingisGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9th, 2012, 08:18 PM   #56
country flag mauresmofan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hingisGOAT View Post
You mad about something? I almost wonder if the player you are referring is not only 10x more accomplished, but also completely and utterly humiliated Mauresmo
When she called her a half man was it because if that was it the only one she humiliated was herself. As far as I was aware their head to head was pretty even.

Old Oct 9th, 2012, 09:58 PM   #57
country flag Matt01

Quote:
Originally Posted by hingisGOAT View Post
I'm sorry but there is no freaking way Justine was beating Mauresmo. Amelie had fierce form at the end of 2005 and beginning of 2006. She was all but a sure bet against Clijsters and especially Henin. Not only was she playing much better, but as others have pointed out, her heavy topspin game is not something Henin is capable of dealing with, especially on Rebound Ace, when Amelie is in top form.

No. Henin in top form beats Mauresmo in top form on HC and clay definietly.
In that AO final, Henin had a 29% 1st serve percentage. That had nothing to do with Mauresmo's top spin.
Old Oct 9th, 2012, 10:51 PM   #58
country flag AcesHigh

AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute

Henin was going to lose to Mauresmo that day regardless. Amelie was playing well and Henin even if healthy would have had trouble on the backhand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrinbaker00 View Post
When will you learn that "pushers" never make it past the club level, let alone #1 on the WTA computer? Will it be too late?
AcesHigh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9th, 2012, 11:04 PM   #59
country flag Matt01

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcesHigh View Post
Henin was going to lose to Mauresmo that day regardless. Amelie was playing well and Henin even if healthy would have had trouble on the backhand.

If, if, if...Momo didn't even play that well, had a negative W-UE-ratio IIRC...okay I shut up now
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 07:38 PM   #60
country flag Smitten

Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute

Justine over Bagelie if she had been healthy for sure.

I mean Canada has high-bouncing, slow HCs similar to RA (as Seles, Legend, and Sarin have all done well in Canada as in Australia) and Justine was able to deal with Bagelie just fine, and she was not the one with the better from coming in.