A suicide board? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 28th, 2012, 09:10 AM   #1
country flag rvugt
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

rvugt has a brilliant future rvugt has a brilliant future rvugt has a brilliant future rvugt has a brilliant future rvugt has a brilliant future rvugt has a brilliant future rvugt has a brilliant future rvugt has a brilliant future rvugt has a brilliant future rvugt has a brilliant future rvugt has a brilliant future
A suicide board?

Hi,

I don't know whether it is already there, but is it a good idea to create an active suicide board? This especially because of the irregularity of the rankings which I already mentioned before and keeps on going wrong!
rvugt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 30th, 2012, 04:37 PM   #2
country flag rnwerner

rnwerner has a brilliant future rnwerner has a brilliant future rnwerner has a brilliant future rnwerner has a brilliant future rnwerner has a brilliant future rnwerner has a brilliant future rnwerner has a brilliant future rnwerner has a brilliant future rnwerner has a brilliant future rnwerner has a brilliant future rnwerner has a brilliant future
Re: A suicide board?

You mean a chat to discuss the game?
I think yes.
It's always uncertain if it's ok to talk about the game in the normal thread where the game is actually running.
[FITD]: Budapest 2013
[FITD Doubles]: Madrid 2013 und Dubai 2014 [Q-Ball]: Brisbane 2013 und Madrid 2014
rnwerner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30th, 2012, 07:07 PM   #3
country flag purtov

purtov has much to be proud of purtov has much to be proud of purtov has much to be proud of purtov has much to be proud of purtov has much to be proud of purtov has much to be proud of purtov has much to be proud of purtov has much to be proud of purtov has much to be proud of purtov has much to be proud of purtov has much to be proud of

Except for ranking, it is possible to discuss:
Cancelling BYE
Correction ranking points distribution
Correction tie-break
Completion of reception picks when the first game begins
purtov is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2nd, 2012, 01:15 PM   #4
country flag DAVAJ MKirilenko
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute

We do have a rules thread. That seems the same as this one. There also seems a problem to find managers. A few days before a tournament there's still no volunteer. That was different in the past. Now even people just open a thread otherwise there won't be a tournament at all.

1. Ana Ivanovic

2. Maria Kirilenko
3. Anastasija Sevastova
DAVAJ MKirilenko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2nd, 2012, 04:48 PM   #5
country flag rvugt
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

rvugt has a brilliant future rvugt has a brilliant future rvugt has a brilliant future rvugt has a brilliant future rvugt has a brilliant future rvugt has a brilliant future rvugt has a brilliant future rvugt has a brilliant future rvugt has a brilliant future rvugt has a brilliant future rvugt has a brilliant future

This are the reasons why we maybe should get a board like in TT, so that some people make sure everything is more fluid ,threads are opened earlier, rankings are weekly!, and so on. I guess you might play TT here, who have a board who decides in cases that there are problems what to do!
I would volunteer for this!
rvugt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2nd, 2012, 07:07 PM   #6
country flag DAVAJ MKirilenko
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute

How can you make it more fluid? If people don't volunteer then they don't volunteer.
And doing the rankings weekly is my job. When I'm late you can complain. Now I'm up to date and I'll make sure you can't complain again.

I know TT have a board. The more they decide the more I don't like it. It's like they change rules every year.
In suicide there won't change so much. There was a discussion about bye's, but there was not reason enough to change it.
But still we have the TB discussion.

1. Ana Ivanovic

2. Maria Kirilenko
3. Anastasija Sevastova
DAVAJ MKirilenko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 01:35 AM   #7
country flag Payam

Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold

It is interesting to read both sides of the discussion. As you guys have mentioned, It is all volunteer job here, and I guess it can be really hard or time-consuming at times.

Having said all this I support Ruvgt's proposition to have a board here because it just makes things easier for all the managers. I am sure something like this would benefit everyone in the forum:

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=465912

Just to keep it democratic we can have a poll here and ask the members whether they want to keep the management just the way it is, or do they want to have a board instead.

May the HAMMER smash the cross
Payam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote