Most Painful Sharapova Final Loss? - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Which of the final loss hurts you most?

2006 Miami Final 2 2.56%
2007 AO Final 12 15.38%
2007 YEC Final 4 5.13%
2010 Cincinnati Final 11 14.10%
2011 Miami Final 2 2.56%
2011 Wimbledon Final 7 8.97%
2012 AO Final 30 38.46%
2012 Miami Final 24 30.77%
2012 Olympics Final 26 33.33%
Others 2 2.56%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Old Oct 9th, 2012, 06:34 PM   #31
country flag mc8114

mc8114 has a reputation beyond repute mc8114 has a reputation beyond repute mc8114 has a reputation beyond repute mc8114 has a reputation beyond repute mc8114 has a reputation beyond repute mc8114 has a reputation beyond repute mc8114 has a reputation beyond repute mc8114 has a reputation beyond repute mc8114 has a reputation beyond repute mc8114 has a reputation beyond repute mc8114 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Most Painful Sharapova Final Loss?

Olympics, followed by 2012 AO.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 9th, 2012, 07:52 PM   #32
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Olympics, followed by 2012 AO.
Olympics wasn't a disappointment. The winner was clear before SF or Final.... Serena was just from another planet

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

32 WTA titles , including 12 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player

Last edited by James : Oct 11th, 2012 at 05:52 AM.
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9th, 2012, 08:27 PM   #33
country flag zigga

zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of

What a depressing thread
I voted for AO and Miami 2012.
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 12:38 AM   #34
country flag slamchamp

slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute

Miami 2012 was Losing to Ratwanska in 2 sets in the final?? I'm still pissed

URUGUAY
slamchamp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 10:24 AM   #35
country flag $uricate
Step to this. I dare you.

$uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute

AO 2012

I was on a massive tear on GM getting badreps right left and centre

The Olympics was bad but it was expected, and nobody can deny how well Serena played in 2007 AO final.

This year's AO I actually can't though. She was up a break in the first ffs. Vika was good but Maria was a bag of nerves and it showed.

PopCon 2013.
$uricate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 10:39 AM   #36
country flag doktor

doktor has a reputation beyond repute doktor has a reputation beyond repute doktor has a reputation beyond repute doktor has a reputation beyond repute doktor has a reputation beyond repute doktor has a reputation beyond repute doktor has a reputation beyond repute doktor has a reputation beyond repute doktor has a reputation beyond repute doktor has a reputation beyond repute doktor has a reputation beyond repute

AO 2012 definitely.

She started so well and then...

I still don't like thinking about it, it was like watching a car crash - horrible, painful, scary and unbelievable but you couldn't look away.
Old Oct 11th, 2012, 01:02 AM   #37
country flag mc8114

mc8114 has a reputation beyond repute mc8114 has a reputation beyond repute mc8114 has a reputation beyond repute mc8114 has a reputation beyond repute mc8114 has a reputation beyond repute mc8114 has a reputation beyond repute mc8114 has a reputation beyond repute mc8114 has a reputation beyond repute mc8114 has a reputation beyond repute mc8114 has a reputation beyond repute mc8114 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaMasha View Post
Olympics wasn't a disappointment. The winner was clear before SF or Final.... Serena was just from another planet
oh, I didn't expect her to take the gold. I just think it was a painful loss because of the scoreline

Last edited by James : Oct 11th, 2012 at 05:52 AM.
mc8114 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2012, 12:22 PM   #38
country flag JoPova

JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future

AO 2012 by far.. Everyone expected a competitive match at least, but it ended up being an embrassing beatdown!

As far as the Olympics final is concerned, the winner of that tournament was a sure thing since the beginning. Nobody expected Maria to even win a set! Serena is one of the GOATs and she was playing her best tennis on her favorite surface. No shame in losing to that kind of player. Moreover, she nearly lost to Lisicki, so the silver medal was an incredible achievement.

Novak Djokovic Roger Federer Tomas Berdych Juan Martin Del Potro Richard Gasquet
JoPova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13th, 2012, 11:11 AM   #39
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

Cincinnati 2010 against Clijsters. My life never was the same after that match .
Mr.Sharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18th, 2012, 05:25 PM   #40
country flag Jeffery

Jeffery is a splendid one to behold Jeffery is a splendid one to behold Jeffery is a splendid one to behold Jeffery is a splendid one to behold Jeffery is a splendid one to behold Jeffery is a splendid one to behold Jeffery is a splendid one to behold Jeffery is a splendid one to behold Jeffery is a splendid one to behold Jeffery is a splendid one to behold Jeffery is a splendid one to behold

I hated seeing her lose to Radwanka in Miami.

Hope to see some revenge @ YEC
Jeffery is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18th, 2012, 08:01 PM   #41
country flag SilverSlam
I-G-G-Y

SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't seen the infamous Miami match, but I think it just means I can fully deny that it ever happened.
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 12:36 AM   #42
country flag Julian.
Keep calm and be gay.

Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute

OMG why start this thread?

The Olympic final for me

Miami final against Aga is painful too cos she was SUPPOSED to win that

• Maria Sharapova • Dominika Cibulkova • Ksenia Pervak • Eugenie Bouchard •
• Andy Roddick • Mikhail Youzhny • Grigor Dimitrov • Novak Djokovic • Benoit Paire •
tumblr. • graphics thread •
Julian. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 12:57 AM   #43
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

AO 2012 for sure, simply because I was so convinced she had that title after winning the semis, and it really was a shock for me to see how it unfolded

The manner of the Olympics defeat was painful, but I wasn't actually expecting her to win it (the only time I've actually expected her to lose to Serena in their last few matches ) and I honestly went into the tournament expecting a 3rd-round loss to Lisicki, so it wasn't too bad in the long run, and I was actually quite pleased after the Wimbledon 2011 final, because I also really didn't think she was winning that one and because it was one of the rare occasions where the positives of finally making a final after years of being in the wilderness outweighed the negative of the end result.

Miami final last year was only painful because of who she lost to and the fact her "shade" towards Radwanska ended up blowing up in her face, but if she'd lost that final to Li or Stosur or someone then I wouldn't really have cared much at all tbh I know some people here really want her to win Miami, but speaking personally, I wouldn't really lose that much sleep if she ended her career without it.

Last edited by dsanders06 : Jan 31st, 2013 at 01:34 AM.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 01:09 AM   #44
country flag BadgerM

BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold

2012 AO because of how she just totally unraveled after 2-0* 0-30.
2012 Miami needs no explanation, especially because of the Poland karma.

Didn't vote for 2011 Wimbledon mostly because I like Petra and she seemed to play well that day, but Kvitty needs to get her act together and start thrashing the others in her generation again. Otherwise, I'm going to start questioning how OK I am with Masha losing that final.

Oh, and for however much GM seems to love that Olympics "crying" gif, that loss was the least painful of any loss last year to me. Serena played great, and Martha got a medal out of it so whatever.
BadgerM is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 01:21 AM   #45
country flag Fiercepova
4ever ♥ Wonder Girls

Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.M View Post
Cincinnati 2010 against Clijsters. My life never was the same after that match .
This I was so convinced that Maria would win when she was leading 6-2 5-3 with 3 match points and the rain came, and I couldn't know when the rain would stop, so I went to sleep and checked the scores the next morning. I was too shocked that I couldn't even say a word That's why I felt so happy that she had finally got her revenge against Kim last year before she retired.