Lady Gaga cancelled her Indonesian concert after "chaos" threats by Muslim hardliners - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 27th, 2012, 08:42 AM   #1
country flag Julian.
Keep calm and be gay.

Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute
Lady Gaga cancelled her Indonesian concert after "chaos" threats by Muslim hardliners

Lady Gaga Indonesia concert off after threats
By Arlina Arshad | AFP – 50 mins ago

Pop diva Lady Gaga on Sunday cancelled her Indonesian concert with promoters saying the security threat was too serious after Islamic hardliners promised "chaos" if she entered the Muslim nation.

The promoters had indicated that a deal was being hammered out to tone down the June 3 concert in Jakarta, but the US star's management had stood firm, vowing there would be no compromise to appease religious conservatives.

"Lady Gaga's management has considered the situation minute to minute, and with threats if the concert goes ahead, Lady Gaga's side is calling off the concert," Minola Sebayang, lawyer for promoters Big Daddy, told reporters.

"This is not only about Lady Gaga's security, but extends to those who will be watching her."

The flamboyant performer, who has nearly 25 million followers on Twitter -- the highest number on the social networking site -- wrote just hours before the announcement was made: "There is nothing Holy about hatred."

After the announcement the show was off, thousands of her fans, who call themselves "little monsters", sent a flurry of Twitter messages to persuade her to go ahead with the concert.

Earlier this month Jakarta police refused approval for the show after the Islamic Defenders Front (FPI) threatened violence if Lady Gaga performed, calling her a "devil's messenger" who wears only a "bra and panties".

Big Daddy president director Michael Rusli said it was "unfortunate" that the show, part of Lady Gaga's tour of Asia that drew protests from Christian groups in the Philippines and South Korea, had to be called off.

"For the past few days we have communicated with the government and Lady Gaga's side. The government has given support, but this is not about the permit," he said. "The cancellation is really due to concerns over security."

More than 50,000 tickets had been sold for the event at the Bung Karno Stadium, but FPI Jakarta chairman Habib Salim Alatas said the cancellation was "good news" for Muslims in Indonesia.

"FPI is grateful that she has decided not to come. Indonesians will be protected from sin brought about by this Mother Monster, the destroyer of morals," he told AFP.

"Lady Gaga fans, stop complaining. Repent and stop worshipping the devil. Do you want your lives taken away by God as infidels?"

The FPI has about seven million followers and has been known to raid pubs and clubs.

Lady Gaga is scheduled to play three shows in Singapore this week. She was due to play in Jakarta after that, before flying to New Zealand and Australia, and then to Europe on her "Born This Way Ball" tour.

Indonesian fans had suggested that Big Daddy look for another venue outside the capital after Jakarta police refused to give approval, but Rusli said "this is a huge concert so it can't be moved elsewhere".

"Nowhere else in Indonesia can accommodate that many people", he said, insisting that the 26-year-old singer was "prepared to adapt to Asian culture".

The star's manager Troy Carter said in Singapore on Thursday that Lady Gaga would not tone down her concerts.

Disappointed student Agus Murdadi, 17, said he had been waiting for months to see his idol.

"I'm shocked. She's creative, not provocative. I bought a ticket because I want to see her dancing and singing Judas in front of me," he told AFP.

"I'm going to tweet to her to tell her that she should just come and not worry. The police can take care of FPI. I hate the FPI."

Another fan, Muh Fadli Firdaus, tweeted on @FadliGermanotta: "Sorry for everything, we still love you."

Ninety percent of Indonesia's 240 million people identify themselves as Muslim, making it the world's largest Islamic-majority nation.

In the past, pop stars including Beyonce and The Pussycat Dolls have been allowed to perform in the country on condition they wore more conservative dress than usual.

http://news.yahoo.com/lady-gagas-ind...045833841.html

• Maria Sharapova • Dominika Cibulkova • Ksenia Pervak • Eugenie Bouchard •
• Andy Roddick • Mikhail Youzhny • Grigor Dimitrov • Novak Djokovic •
tumblr. • graphics thread •

Last edited by Julian. : May 27th, 2012 at 08:48 AM.
Julian. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 27th, 2012, 08:44 AM   #2
country flag Julian.
Keep calm and be gay.

Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Lady Gaga cancelled her Indonesian concert after "chaos" threats by Islamic hardl

GOD that last picture is so homophobic

• Maria Sharapova • Dominika Cibulkova • Ksenia Pervak • Eugenie Bouchard •
• Andy Roddick • Mikhail Youzhny • Grigor Dimitrov • Novak Djokovic •
tumblr. • graphics thread •
Julian. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2012, 12:43 PM   #3
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Lady Gaga cancelled her Indonesian concert after "chaos" threats by Muslim hardli

Muslims are even crazier than her

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live."
Sammo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2012, 02:06 PM   #4
country flag Gadis Desa

Gadis Desa has a brilliant future Gadis Desa has a brilliant future Gadis Desa has a brilliant future Gadis Desa has a brilliant future Gadis Desa has a brilliant future Gadis Desa has a brilliant future Gadis Desa has a brilliant future Gadis Desa has a brilliant future Gadis Desa has a brilliant future Gadis Desa has a brilliant future Gadis Desa has a brilliant future
Re: Lady Gaga cancelled her Indonesian concert after "chaos" threats by Muslim hardli

that's why I want to change my nationality

Quote:
I agree
Gadis Desa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2012, 02:14 PM   #5
ElusiveChanteuse

ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute

Well, has there been any Muslim country that accepts Gaga with open arms?
ElusiveChanteuse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2012, 02:31 PM   #6
country flag Just Do It

Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute

Gaga just tweeted about this. She apparently sold 50k tickets for her Jakarta show
Just Do It is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2012, 02:43 PM   #7
country flag AjdeNate!
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.

AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute

I love when religious groups are full of so much hate. Isn't that contradictory to what religion is supposed to be about? Are they that fucking threatened by a little girl from New Jersey? Like she can take down everything that Muslim's stand for by singing and showing her titties on stage.
AjdeNate! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2012, 02:47 PM   #8
country flag Elwin.
-

Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute

queen of demon i can't.
Old May 27th, 2012, 05:36 PM   #9
country flag M.S.F

M.S.F has a reputation beyond repute M.S.F has a reputation beyond repute M.S.F has a reputation beyond repute M.S.F has a reputation beyond repute M.S.F has a reputation beyond repute M.S.F has a reputation beyond repute M.S.F has a reputation beyond repute M.S.F has a reputation beyond repute M.S.F has a reputation beyond repute M.S.F has a reputation beyond repute M.S.F has a reputation beyond repute

That's a shame.
I would be so angry if I was going to attend the concert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperfect Angel View Post
Well, has there been any Muslim country that accepts Gaga with open arms?
If Madonna can perform in Turkey and the United Arab Emirates then Gaga can also perform there
Old May 27th, 2012, 05:45 PM   #10
country flag Monica_Rules

Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute

Religion = Evil

Religion is supposed to be about peace and shit. yeah right then you have this

Naomi Broady, Tara Moore, Heather Watson , Laura Robson

Johanna Konta, Eleanor Dean
, Sam Murray
Katy Dunne Katie Boulter
Monica_Rules is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2012, 07:28 PM   #11
country flag ce

ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute

Idiots.
ce is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2012, 08:04 PM   #12
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monica_Rules View Post
Religion = Evil

Religion is supposed to be about peace and shit. yeah right then you have this
OMG don't generalize. Don't compare Buddhists to Muslims

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live."
Sammo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2012, 09:04 PM   #13
country flag Root

Root has a reputation beyond repute Root has a reputation beyond repute Root has a reputation beyond repute Root has a reputation beyond repute Root has a reputation beyond repute Root has a reputation beyond repute Root has a reputation beyond repute Root has a reputation beyond repute Root has a reputation beyond repute Root has a reputation beyond repute Root has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammo View Post
OMG don't generalize. Don't compare Buddhists to Muslims
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammo View Post
Root is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2012, 09:10 PM   #14
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute

Stuff like this makes me happy that I'm not caught up in such religious extremism. SO retarded, seriously.
Break My Rapture is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2012, 10:16 PM   #15
Hashim.

Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nufflemutts View Post
Exactly. He does not realize the irony in his posts.