Where does Azarenka go from here? - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 7th, 2012, 06:13 PM   #31
country flag JoPova

JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future
Re: Where does Azarenka go from here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneRose View Post
Based on what exactly? Petra has lost rather consistently against the top players this years and also to some scrubs, where would a win against Vika suddenly come from, don't see it .
She played a very good match against Serena and had a chance to go to a third set! Moreover, she did beat Vika at Wimbledon in 2011 at that very stage! Given the surface, I think Petra should be considered a slight favorite!

Novak Djokovic Roger Federer Tomas Berdych Juan Martin Del Potro Richard Gasquet
JoPova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 7th, 2012, 06:13 PM   #32
country flag pling

pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williamsova View Post
I love Petra too but you have to admit surfaces played a huge part in their match-ups. didn't Vika and Petra pretty much only play on grass/fast indoors+Madrid from 2010-2011, with no meetings in 2012? That's all on Petra's terms
Well three of Serena's 2012 wins over Vika were on Grass (twice) and at Madrid as well. Leaving only the US Open - which was the closest match by far.

Until we see them play, there is no evidence that Vika or Petra is the more likely winner at the moment
pling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 06:15 PM   #33
country flag pling

pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneRose View Post
Based on what exactly? Petra has lost rather consistently against the top players this years and also to some scrubs, where would a win against Vika suddenly come from, don't see it .
Petra lost to plenty of scrubs in 2011 too. She had a worse Beijing in 2011 than just now, but still came in strong for YEC. She's still too inconsistent to know for sure, but does seem to get motivated for big matches.

Vika might indeed kick Petra's ass in the YEC, but the reverse might also happen.

I just think that in terms of 'where Vika goes from here', beating Petta would be important for her authority.
pling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 06:57 PM   #34
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jechijo View Post
She played a very good match against Serena and had a chance to go to a third set! Moreover, she did beat Vika at Wimbledon in 2011 at that very stage! Given the surface, I think Petra should be considered a slight favorite!
She was also lucky to beat Schiavone and then lost to Kirilenko a few weeks later. Kvitova has a horrible record against the top 20 this year. No comparison to the player of 2011.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 07:09 PM   #35
country flag StoneRose

StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pling View Post
Petra lost to plenty of scrubs in 2011 too. She had a worse Beijing in 2011 than just now, but still came in strong for YEC. She's still too inconsistent to know for sure, but does seem to get motivated for big matches.

Vika might indeed kick Petra's ass in the YEC, but the reverse might also happen.

I just think that in terms of 'where Vika goes from here', beating Petta would be important for her authority.
Don't think so. It's just a pity they didn't meet this year or we wouldn't have this discussion. 2011 <<>> 2012 Vika raised her game, Petra's level dropped significantly.
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 07:10 PM   #36
country flag machinist

machinist is a name known to all machinist is a name known to all machinist is a name known to all machinist is a name known to all machinist is a name known to all machinist is a name known to all machinist is a name known to all machinist is a name known to all machinist is a name known to all machinist is a name known to all machinist is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
I easily see her winning 5+ majors.

The only worry on her mind has to be Serena but she's getting ever so close to beat her these days..one day it will happen.

Sumyk is convinced that she still has lots of room to improve so why would we doubt him? The serve is obviously an aspect where she can gain a bit.

But overall, her future looks bright. She's set up to dominate women's tennis...she plays a full schedule but is smart enough to give her body a rest if needs be. She has all but one players completely covered and she has a great work ethic and doesn't allow her private life to mess with her career at all.

Unless some monster talent teen surfaces, I can see no current player that can come up and really challenge her.. the only player ahead of her is much older.
Only Robson can challenge her in the next couple of years.
machinist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 07:26 PM   #37
country flag TheLegendof

TheLegendof has a brilliant future TheLegendof has a brilliant future TheLegendof has a brilliant future TheLegendof has a brilliant future TheLegendof has a brilliant future TheLegendof has a brilliant future TheLegendof has a brilliant future TheLegendof has a brilliant future TheLegendof has a brilliant future TheLegendof has a brilliant future TheLegendof has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by machinist View Post
Only Robson can challenge her in the next couple of years.
Slow your roll. You sound as ridiculous as "10 + slams"
TheLegendof is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 07:28 PM   #38
country flag Wiggly

Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute

Th thing is, she can do anything she wants but as long as she doesn't beat Serena, something will be missing.
Wiggly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 07:29 PM   #39
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute

Clijsters-lite career IMO.
doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 07:52 PM   #40
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Aa far as I remember Petra was similarly overhyped last year, supposed to dominate in 2012 and win several Wimbledons in a row. It's just a one breakthrough season for Vika and she still is a Slam contender only on hardcourts.

Quote:
had Vika and Petra met 4 times this year H2H would have been straightened already, you must be blind if you don't see Vika >>> Petra right now.
Wimbledon version of Petra 2012 would have beaten Vika in straights on grass.

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

32 WTA titles , including 12 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 07:58 PM   #41
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaMasha View Post
Aa far as I remember Petra was similarly overhyped last year, supposed to dominate in 2012 and win several Wimbledons in a row. It's just a one breakthrough season for Vika and she still is a Slam contender only on hardcourts.
She has two consecutive WImbledon SFs, I think that's enough to label her a contender there.

My Tennis Photo Database
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 08:11 PM   #42
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
At Wimby Petra had pretty god performance and sort of consistent one, 2010- SF lost to Rena, 2011- Win, 2012 - SF lost to Rena, so she need only to figure out how to beat Rena and nobody can stop her there and she actually dictates game to Rena unlike your fave
ShiftyFella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 08:17 PM   #43
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
She has two consecutive WImbledon SFs, I think that's enough to label her a contender there.
there will be still some 2 or 3 players better than she is on grass. It's still hard to win Wimbledon without special grass game as Serena/Venus/Amelie/preinjury Masha/Petra have..... Wimbledon is tournament where great hardcourt players can reach SF or Finals , but still not win it...... like Clijsters, Henin

As for me Lisicki has more chances to win Wimbledon than Vika

Quote:
so she need only to figure out how to beat Rena and nobody can stop her there and she actually dictates game to Rena unlike your fave
when she was figuring out how to beat Rena she lost the plot how to play vs Masha

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

32 WTA titles , including 12 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 08:19 PM   #44
country flag lbristol

lbristol is a name known to all lbristol is a name known to all lbristol is a name known to all lbristol is a name known to all lbristol is a name known to all lbristol is a name known to all lbristol is a name known to all lbristol is a name known to all lbristol is a name known to all lbristol is a name known to all lbristol is a name known to all

Did anyone noticed how hard it was for Serena to win WIMBLEDON 2012???
She had to contend with a extremely high caliber competition, espeically Jie Zheng in the Third and Yedova in the fourth. I encourage everyone to rewatch those matches on youtube. It's like all those players rise to the occasion against williams. It's a wonder she is still winning slams in an era where most female players go all out for the win and play very well and hit the ball hard and accurately and play cleverly too. There is no way either graf or I dont know who else could have the winning percentage or head to head stat williams has against the tour. The level is just too high right now. All credit to williams for being de facto number 1 at any even she enters, an incredible achievement she managed this year too against very hard competition.
lbristol is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 08:19 PM   #45
country flag KBdoubleu

KBdoubleu has a reputation beyond repute KBdoubleu has a reputation beyond repute KBdoubleu has a reputation beyond repute KBdoubleu has a reputation beyond repute KBdoubleu has a reputation beyond repute KBdoubleu has a reputation beyond repute KBdoubleu has a reputation beyond repute KBdoubleu has a reputation beyond repute KBdoubleu has a reputation beyond repute KBdoubleu has a reputation beyond repute KBdoubleu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Wimbledon version of Petra 2012 would have beaten Vika in straights on grass.
Then why couldn't Wimbledon version of Petra 2011 (you know, the one that actually won the event) beat Azarenka in straight sets on grass?