Where does Azarenka go from here? - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 7th, 2012, 06:28 PM   #16
bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Where does Azarenka go from here?

Hmmm...improve the serve, so she can do more damage on the non-HC surfaces. Right now she only's to figure how to beat Serena, the rest is already good.
Serena Williams: Greatest African-American tennisplayer in history
18 majors:5256

Official Prince of the Royal Court
bandabou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 7th, 2012, 06:31 PM   #17
Volcana

Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoiledEgg View Post
Calling her Ivanovic
Okay I admit that was snide. AI collapsed right after she accomplished all that, Azarenka has maintained.

But remember, if you aren't getting better, you're getting worse. Serena 2012 is a very different player from Serena 2002. Sharpaova '04 couldn't play on clay fir shit. Now she's RG champ.

Azarenka's game doesn't need radical surgery, but she can't rest on her laurels. Gotta get better, if you want to stay on top.
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 06:54 PM   #18
country flag pling

pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandabou View Post
Hmmm...improve the serve, so she can do more damage on the non-HC surfaces. Right now she only's to figure how to beat Serena, the rest is already good.
Vika also hasn't beaten Petra since 2009 - although they haven't met this year and Petra's form has been variable.

Vika needs to figure out this match-up too - Another win for Petra would make it five in a row for her.

Hopefully they'll meet in Istanbul
pling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 06:54 PM   #19
country flag StoneRose

StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute

@Volcana.Ivanovic completely collapsed. If Vika plays next year as she does now she'll be very successful again. Fortunately Vika aims to get even better than she's now herself.
StoneRose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 06:55 PM   #20
country flag Gilas.

Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute

Unlike Ana, Vika seems to have a brain. I'm sure than she is smart enough to realize that, though she is a beautiful young woman, she is not beautiful enough to gain unlimited WCs to events if she started to suck. So I highly doubt that Vichka would let herself sink to Anita's current level.

In short, she will just keep improving and winning, and deal it with we shall.
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 06:57 PM   #21
country flag Alejandrawrrr

Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matías. View Post
There's a lot of improvement to be made, the serve specially, her right leg gets too tight at times if she could push through it more she wouldn't net so many serves, in her movement she could work on her flexibility maybe.
This, + keep the bad bitch mentality she has now I love that she's a fighter, handles pressure well, doesn't let crowds and/or bitchstares get to her, doesn't crumble under the weight of the #1 ranking(embraces it actually,) and just gets the job done without distraction. Keep that up while bulking up her serve and she should be set to win a handful more slams, and possibly be the next queen in years to come.
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 06:58 PM   #22
country flag StoneRose

StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pling View Post
Vika also hasn't beaten Petra since 2009 - although they haven't met this year and Petra's form has been variable.

Vika needs to figure out this match-up too - Another win for Petra would make it five in a row for her.

She has a negative H2H against Caro as well. Nothing Vika could do this year. There's no figuring out here, had Vika and Petra met 4 times this year H2H would have been straightened already, you must be blind if you don't see Vika >>> Petra right now.
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 07:00 PM   #23
country flag acetoace

acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute

I say up and away for Vika! She is working her game and results show in her matches. Vika will improve on clay and beat pova. Likely will beat my gurl too someday. Nevertheless, I will be happy for her if that happens!!! Serena has won at her expense in equal measure. So, no bitterness and all is good in my book.
acetoace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 07:03 PM   #24
country flag JoPova

JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future

Unless she starts slumping all of a sudden, I don't see who can stop her to win more Slams on HC in the future, apart from Serena obviously!

Novak Djokovic Roger Federer Tomas Berdych Juan Martin Del Potro Richard Gasquet
JoPova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 07:04 PM   #25
country flag Alejandrawrrr

Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pling View Post

I love Petra too but you have to admit surfaces played a huge part in their match-ups. didn't Vika and Petra pretty much only play on grass/fast indoors+Madrid from 2010-2011, with no meetings in 2012? That's all on Petra's terms
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 07:05 PM   #26
country flag JoPova

JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneRose View Post
She has a negative H2H against Caro as well. Nothing Vika could do this year. There's no figuring out here, had Vika and Petra met 4 times this year H2H would have been straightened already, you must be blind if you don't see Vika >>> Petra right now.
If Petra had managed to get past Serena in the QF, I think she would've probably won against Vika!

Novak Djokovic Roger Federer Tomas Berdych Juan Martin Del Potro Richard Gasquet
JoPova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 07:07 PM   #27
country flag SAEKeithSerena

SAEKeithSerena has a reputation beyond repute SAEKeithSerena has a reputation beyond repute SAEKeithSerena has a reputation beyond repute SAEKeithSerena has a reputation beyond repute SAEKeithSerena has a reputation beyond repute SAEKeithSerena has a reputation beyond repute SAEKeithSerena has a reputation beyond repute SAEKeithSerena has a reputation beyond repute SAEKeithSerena has a reputation beyond repute SAEKeithSerena has a reputation beyond repute SAEKeithSerena has a reputation beyond repute

She WILL win 10+ slams.

16-Time Grand Slam Champion.

2013 Titles: Brisbane, Sony Open (Miami), Family Circle Cup, Madrid, Rome, 16th SLAM-THE FRENCH OPEN, Bastad, Roger's Cup

2013 Record: (60-4)
SAEKeithSerena is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 07:10 PM   #28
country flag fifty-fifty

fifty-fifty has much to be proud of fifty-fifty has much to be proud of fifty-fifty has much to be proud of fifty-fifty has much to be proud of fifty-fifty has much to be proud of fifty-fifty has much to be proud of fifty-fifty has much to be proud of fifty-fifty has much to be proud of fifty-fifty has much to be proud of fifty-fifty has much to be proud of fifty-fifty has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAEKeithSerena View Post
She WILL win 10+ slams.
6 slams max
fifty-fifty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 07:10 PM   #29
country flag StoneRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jechijo View Post
If Petra had managed to get past Serena in the QF, I think she would've probably won against Vika!
Based on what exactly? Petra has lost rather consistently against the top players this years and also to some scrubs, where would a win against Vika suddenly come from, don't see it .
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 07:10 PM   #30
country flag ExXotikal

ExXotikal has a reputation beyond repute ExXotikal has a reputation beyond repute ExXotikal has a reputation beyond repute ExXotikal has a reputation beyond repute ExXotikal has a reputation beyond repute ExXotikal has a reputation beyond repute ExXotikal has a reputation beyond repute ExXotikal has a reputation beyond repute ExXotikal has a reputation beyond repute ExXotikal has a reputation beyond repute ExXotikal has a reputation beyond repute

And I think Vika is this generation Hingis: the bench warmer who makes the transition between the aging GOAT Graff (Lordrena) and the heiress Serena (unknown player, probably a teenager).
ExXotikal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote