Why does Vika hate Maria so much? - Page 18 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 8th, 2012, 03:28 PM   #256
country flag Simugna Help

Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Why does Vika hate Maria so much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lachy View Post
I agree with you that there are a lot of other factors involved. I'm just saying that to beat Azarenka on hardcourts, in her current form, she needs to have a 'good day' similar to that when she played Kerber - low unforced errors, painting lines, hitting with consistent depth. She knows it, Thomas evidently told her to go and try and hit through Azarenka. It's a low percentage, high-risk gameplan with potential reward - that's just the fact of the matter at the moment. Wouldn't have always been the case but it's 2012....
So basically she has to go for Gajdosova-like "spray and pray" brainless ballbashing rather than try to develop a game(plan) that could give her a higher probability of success vs Azarenka?

Is that really how great players should approach their matches?
Simugna Help is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 8th, 2012, 03:33 PM   #257
country flag Lachy
ICE QUEENS.

Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aselto View Post
So basically she has to go for Gajdosova-like "spray and pray" brainless ballbashing rather than try to develop a game(plan) that could give her a higher probability of success vs Azarenka?

Is that really how great players should approach their matches?
Gajdosova-like is an exaggeration if ever there were one, both are entirely different calibers of players.

It certainly seems as though, after watching their past matches, that Maria's gameplan against Azarenka on hardcourts is to try and hit through her. I don't think Maria can out-rally her at the moment, nor do I think she should try. I think on clay her weight and depth of shot is superior - that was evident in Stuttgart.

It's also a legitimate tactic and I think to an extent the right one on this surface. As I have said heaps of times before, it's high risk, high reward but incredibly low percentage. There will be times that it will work.

Maria Sharapova
Vania King|Zarina Diyas
Lachy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 03:37 PM   #258
country flag JN
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcesHigh View Post
Wow this is such a sad display for some Maria fans.
It makes me laugh when posters like you act like they're so above it all.

Hug an SDS sufferer, today.
JN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 03:38 PM   #259
country flag SilverSlam

SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute

Omg have you guys no lives at all? This thread has been jumping in page numbers with every visit to this place. Vika doesn't hate Maria.

Case-fricken-closed. Go try and feed off some other fictitious shit that you all want to be so desperately true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Gray View Post
Is it really her? because one time i had a two week conversation with Kirsten Dunst, before i realised she was a fake one
SilverSlam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 03:45 PM   #260
country flag Halepsova

Halepsova has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by HipsterPova View Post
Omg have you guys no lives at all? This thread has been jumping in page numbers with every visit to this place. Vika doesn't hate Maria.

Case-fricken-closed. Go try and feed off some other fictitious shit that you all want to be so desperately true.
Tell that to your Pova mates. They are the only ones keep bumping this thread.
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 03:48 PM   #261
country flag SilverSlam

SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT2009 View Post
Tell that to your Pova mates. They are the only ones keep bumping this thread.
I don't care who's bumping it, the fact is, it's not like one person is having a conversation with themselves...and don't act like every fan base is always 100% agreeing with everything that one or two people are saying.

Seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Gray View Post
Is it really her? because one time i had a two week conversation with Kirsten Dunst, before i realised she was a fake one
SilverSlam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 03:49 PM   #262

Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Gajdosova-like is an exaggeration if ever there were one, both are entirely different calibers of players.

It certainly seems as though, after watching their past matches, that Maria's gameplan against Azarenka on hardcourts is to try and hit through her. I don't think Maria can out-rally her at the moment, nor do I think she should try. I think on clay her weight and depth of shot is superior - that was evident in Stuttgart.

It's also a legitimate tactic and I think to an extent the right one on this surface. As I have said heaps of times before, it's high risk, high reward but incredibly low percentage. There will be times that it will work.
There's nothing "high reward" about low percentage tennis. You don't get 10 points for hitting a winner on the line. If anything since that kind of tennis supposedly only allows her to win extremely rarely, it's a low reward tennis since she'll win very few finals against Azarenka (and therefore very few titles) if she doesn't change something in this match-up.

Unless, of course, she wants to be remembered as that girl who was banging at the doors very often but rarely* got in, so to speak.

*and never in Miami
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 03:54 PM   #263
country flag Lachy
ICE QUEENS.

Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aselto View Post
There's nothing "high reward" about low percentage tennis. You don't get 10 points for hitting a winner on the line. If anything since that kind of tennis supposedly only allows her to win extremely rarely, it's a low reward tennis since she'll win very few finals against Azarenka (and therefore very few titles) if she doesn't change something in this match-up.

Unless, of course, she wants to be remembered as that girl who was banging at the doors very often but rarely* got in, so to speak.

*and never in Miami
What are you suggesting then? I don't see the problem with going for the lines and trying to play more aggressive in this match-up. It's not like she is/has been trying to hit ridiculous winners from all parts of the court. However, when there is the slightest glimpse of a shorter ball, it needs to be put away. Against others she can afford to place the ball and maneuver them around - in this match-up at the moment...not so much.

Maria Sharapova
Vania King|Zarina Diyas
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 04:04 PM   #264
debby

debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JN View Post
It makes me laugh when posters like you act like they're so above it all.
He is right. Maria and Vika fans are not good enough to troll GM.
Serena/Venus/Henin fanwars were funnier and much better. AcesHigh used to be involved in these fanwars. We were an almighty team
debby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 04:08 PM   #265
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

"such a great battle against such a champion! this is what i wake up every morning for…thanks for the support #NYC #USOpen"

Vika after her victory over Maria at the USO.
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 04:09 PM   #266
country flag Nicolás89

Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute

Lachy giving life with each of his posts, I wish Pova would lose more often.
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 04:09 PM   #267
country flag Jane Lane

Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matías. View Post
Lachy giving life with each of his posts, I hope Pova would lose more often.
Careful, he might crack after the next one.
Jane Lane is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 04:12 PM   #268
country flag Lachy
ICE QUEENS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matías. View Post
Lachy giving life with each of his posts, I wish Pova would lose more often.
I'm glad they help but hopefully you have other things in your day to look forward to

Maria Sharapova
Vania King|Zarina Diyas
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 04:12 PM   #269

Quote:
What are you suggesting then? I don't see the problem with going for the lines and trying to play more aggressive in this match-up. It's not like she is/has been trying to hit ridiculous winners from all parts of the court. However, when there is the slightest glimpse of a shorter ball, it needs to be put away. Against others she can afford to place the ball and maneuver them around - in this match-up at the moment...not so much.
I don't know, try to finish the points at the net? Ballbashing from the baseline is clearly not working, so she should try something else.
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 04:13 PM   #270
country flag MrProdigy555
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute

Sharapova is not a tactical player,though. lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProdigy555 View Post
Don't make me come to T&T to huff and puff and blow your hut down, girl.
Fuck y'all
MrProdigy555 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote