YEC 2012 iSTANBUL Mission: Beat Vika/Rena, humiliate Haga and win the title. - Page 67 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 28th, 2012, 05:53 AM   #991
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute
Re: YEC 2012 iSTANBUL Mission: Beat Vika/Rena, humiliate Haga and win the title.

I'll be expecting to see a lot of these icons on the Live Scoring thread during the match:

But hoping for some of these:
Mexicola is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 28th, 2012, 05:57 AM   #992
country flag claypova
#sugarfamily

claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute
Re: YEC 2012 iSTANBUL Mission: Beat Vika/Rena, humiliate Haga and win the title.

^ Lmao so true I just don't want it to be embarrassing

QUEEN OF CLAY
claypova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2012, 06:13 AM   #993
country flag Marga.

Marga. has disabled reputation

9 hours before the match! who can tell I'm excited as hell it's around 9am in Istanbul, Maria prolly is still asleep
Marga. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2012, 06:36 AM   #994
country flag heelsrule1988

heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all

A win over Vika already makes this a successful tournament. Very gratifying. Obviously, expecting one last W this year would be a bit too much... but you never know. I don't think I'll ever go into a Serena match without a tiny little bit of hope. Even if it's not much, there's a small part of me that wonders if it could happen. I just feel like Maria's going to get her once. One day, she will finally get the lucky break and beat her. Tomorrow could be that day... you never know. As we always do with Serena... let's go into it prepared for the worst, but hoping for the best.
heelsrule1988 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2012, 06:42 AM   #995
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post
I'll be expecting to see a lot of these icons on the Live Scoring thread during the match:

But hoping for some of these:
is one I use exclusively for when she's playing Serena

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2012, 06:48 AM   #996
country flag ziros

ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromium View Post
It's not as bad for you though,cos you like Serena. Some,like me,have never been able to stand her even before Maria was around
ziros is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2012, 06:52 AM   #997
country flag domon17th

domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future

Look at you guys, almost as happy as after she won the RG this year. Vika really got under our skin eh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long and Hard View Post
Oh God can't believe that our mission is about to be completed .

I just hope to see a decent match against Rena now. Not a beatdown please.
You're one match from earning legendary thread-starter status... Or 2/3 flop otherwise. Tough task

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marga. View Post
Did you see Vika's tears fall down while she was slowly losing That moment was precious
Stay classy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post
Through all of the negativity, deep down, I still am praying and hoping for a miracle upset of Serena. You have no idea how many times over the years I've played out in my mind and envisioned Maria defeating Serena again in a tournament final.
I fully understand. I can never put away Maria's chances against anyone, even her master in this case. One thing I like about Vika's attitude against Serena is that she doesn't mind facing her so that she can find a chance to crack the code. I mean, there's literally nothing to lose for Maria against Serena.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
</thesisthatnoonewillread>
I actually really love reading your long-ass analysis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharaGaGa View Post
Last time she had set point vs. Serena: 2010 Wimbledon R16.
Really isn't that long when you put things in perspective. They first met in 2004.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromium View Post
I may have to add this into my frequent usage list too. Hopefully we won't get to use this too frequent tonight.
domon17th is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2012, 07:18 AM   #998
country flag Abuttons

Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold

I watched the highlights from yesterday and I'm convinced that if Maria is able to match that level of play she will give Serena a good amount of troubles.
The odds may not be with Maria, but she can win this tournament.
May the Game be with Her.
Allez Maria !
Abuttons is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2012, 07:19 AM   #999
country flag JadeFox

JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute

I just hope she has a positive mentality going into this match. She had a good positive mentality against Vika yesterday and she should bring that today.

Oh and another important thing she can do? HOLD SERVE. I'm serious. I was thinking of Dementieva and how she turned her H2H with Serena around yesterday and the one thing sje did consistently since 2007 when she first beat Serena was hold her serve. And her serve was worse than Masha's! That 09 Wimbly semifinal between them was ridiculously close and if Maria can play like Elena did that day, I would be a happy woman.

When Daylight's fading,We're gonna play in the dark
Till it's golden again
JadeFox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2012, 07:28 AM   #1000
country flag Kon.

Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute

So happy about yesterday's win.
Kon. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2012, 07:34 AM   #1001
country flag domon17th

domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeFox View Post
I just hope she has a positive mentality going into this match. She had a good positive mentality against Vika yesterday and she should bring that today.

Oh and another important thing she can do? HOLD SERVE. I'm serious. I was thinking of Dementieva and how she turned her H2H with Serena around yesterday and the one thing sje did consistently since 2007 when she first beat Serena was hold her serve. And her serve was worse than Masha's! That 09 Wimbly semifinal between them was ridiculously close and if Maria can play like Elena did that day, I would be a happy woman.
I think if Maria brings her 2010 Wimbledon mentality it would be suffice, because game wise she's improved leaps and bounds.

Just watched the highlights of Maria-Aga courtesy of QueenMariaSharapova2. I loveee the intensity and she's seemingly found back her slap-shot BH DTL. Such a beauty. When she mixes up the directions, angles and actually *GASP* introduces the variety she has, she can be unbelievable on court.
domon17th is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2012, 08:06 AM   #1002
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute

Frederic Verdier(French commentator) is really getting on my nerves does he REALLY think that he needs to remind us that Maria hasn't beat Serena since 2004 every single time or what?
He was choked about this stat, I know it's a long time ago but he needs to remember that Maria barely played Serena in her peak years (2005-2006) he said that he thought Maria could have at least get a win in 05-06 because she was really good at the time but he needs to know that they didn't play each other at all during that time mostly because Serena was in a slump anyway that H2H is very misleading, they played like 6 times in 8 years
Maria already played Vika 6 times this year alone.
doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2012, 09:17 AM   #1003
country flag Rerun
procrastination

Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute

I'm positive about the match. I mean I dont think she will win but shes gonna fight this time and we all are proud of our girl

anyway her footwork is amazing in this tourney!
Rerun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2012, 09:47 AM   #1004
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute

I'm hoping for a good one today.

Last match of the year Maria, give it your all

Wimbledon 2004 US Open 2006
Australian Open 2008 Roland Garros 2012 2014
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2012, 09:59 AM   #1005
country flag claypova
#sugarfamily

claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute

Nooo can't believe i got sucked into a GM fight

How long until the match??

QUEEN OF CLAY
claypova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote