YEC 2012 iSTANBUL Mission: Beat Vika/Rena, humiliate Haga and win the title. - Page 63 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 27th, 2012, 05:39 PM   #931
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: YEC 2012 iSTANBUL Mission: Beat Vika/Rena, humiliate Haga and win the title.

So chuffed with today's win

Anyway, I'm sure in the minority who genuinely thinks Maria has a chance tomorrow I definitely stand by this court should be Maria's pick of any court to take on Serena: slow, and no wind (even though she's served a fair few DFs this week, has she served 2 in a row at any point? Serving 2 or more in a row is the sign that she's actually lost her rhtyhm/timing on the serve, rather than it just being that she was going for too ambitious a 2nd serve).

Most important thing tomorrow is of course that Maria keeps her head. I feel I'm going to repeat what Michael Joyce said in that match in Charleston all those years ago but to this day it's still true: Maria really needs to stop falling apart if Serena just hits one great shot. There were ATLEAST two games in the Olympics when Maria was up 40-0 on her serve, then Serena hit one great return, and Maria promptly started tossing in the doublefaults and errors and ended up conceding the game, just because of that one great return from Serena. I really think it would do her good to go in with the same mindset that she has against Kvitova: accept that she might have a few winners go screaming past her, but remember that the opponent is not able to do that on anything like a regular basis (and, contrary to popular belief, Serena wasn't peeling off winner after winner at the Olympics - she only hit 10 winners off the ground in that match) and that she has the more consistent game. As an addendum to that, Serena has had a tendency this year to make quick starts and then fade rapidly - her last two matches against Azarenka, she played a great first set at the US Open before collapsing, and even in their YEC match she was hitting great winners in the first few games but then they dried up and she only won by being solid and Aza being shite - so hopefully Maria remembers, even if Serena makes a great start, that if Maria can just stick in there there's no guarantee ATALL that she'd be able to keep it up.

In terms of specific gameplan, she just needs to make sure she's really flexible and loose when returning the first serve and just try and get that back into court (and, she managed to do a great job of returning Serena's 1st serve in their Wimbledon2010 match, when Serena was serving fantastic and Maria was in the worst season of her life, so there's really no reason she can't do it now) and she DEFINITELY needs to take advantage of Serena's predictable 2nd serves. And in terms of her gameplan off the ground, hopefully she does try to work the point a BIT even while still being aggressive (like today), rather than just getting into a contest with Serena of trying to hit as hard in pure pace terms as she does, because that's not Maria's game and it never has been. But yeah, I think in this match-up, more than gameplan, it really is more about Maria's mentality, and treating this as an opportunity rather than a pressure-filled match that she HAS to win. Do your best Queen

</thesisthatnoonewillread>
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 27th, 2012, 05:46 PM   #932
country flag JoPova

JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future
Re: YEC 2012 iSTANBUL Mission: Beat Vika/Rena, humiliate Haga and win the title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSlam View Post
Joyce was the reasoning that I miss from her game. Hoggy is always she'll choke less supportive of her mental side.

I loved how she approached that 2010 match too.
She was so tough and fierce with Joyce/Yuri!

Novak Djokovic Roger Federer Tomas Berdych Juan Martin Del Potro Richard Gasquet
JoPova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2012, 05:55 PM   #933
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marga. View Post
Did you see Vika's tears fall down while she was slowly losing That moment was precious
I wouldn't go that far.......but I did take a slight pleasure in Vika not calling a trainer probably because she was scared Maria would drop some more "extremely injured" shade on her
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2012, 06:01 PM   #934
country flag effedcamel

effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSlam View Post
Joyce was the reasoning that I miss from her game. Hoggy is always she'll choke less supportive of her mental side.

I loved how she approached that 2010 match too.
This. He's made her game much more solid and consistent since coming back, but I think it's time they focus on her mental game again. I also hope he'll get her back in the mindset of coming to the net after a mid-court ball like she used to rather than getting caught mid-court when someone bunts a return back
effedcamel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2012, 06:37 PM   #935
country flag Ksenia.
The fire still burns.

Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute

If this final gets as competitve as the one against Henin, I'll be happy But oh well, who am I kidding, it's probably gonna be a beatdown.
Ksenia. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2012, 06:50 PM   #936
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

on the wta website:

"I'm not going to say I was the freshest today, but I also don't want to make any excuses because that's not really my type," Azarenka said. "I give Maria all the credit today. She played really well and looks in great form. She deserved to win, 100%. Could I have played better? Yes. But it's done. I have no regrets. I finished a loss with a smile for the first time. It didn't feel as bad today.

at least vika was respectful
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2012, 06:52 PM   #937
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Not to me. I just want the player(s) I support to win, but I take no great pleasure in seeing other players lose, except if it's in the best interest of my fave(s). Like, if Serena had lost today it would have been in the best interest of Maria. But it's never personal and I take no great pleasure from seeing somebody suffer or cry. Them losing and getting out of the way of my fave(s) is enough for me.
Chrissiefan the good
I felt a little sad too for Vika when she was almost crying, but in all honesty I think she acted a little too dramatic about it. I mean, I'm sure she was tired but Maria and the others are too. Radwanska probably was the most tired today against Serena but she didn't show it too much.
Trih is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2012, 06:54 PM   #938
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Voices View Post
on the wta website:

"I'm not going to say I was the freshest today, but I also don't want to make any excuses because that's not really my type," Azarenka said. "I give Maria all the credit today. She played really well and looks in great form. She deserved to win, 100%. Could I have played better? Yes. But it's done. I have no regrets. I finished a loss with a smile for the first time. It didn't feel as bad today.

at least vika was respectful
Ok. Faith in Vika: restored.
Trih is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2012, 06:54 PM   #939
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

Found on the WTA twitter
“Look, it’s also a match that I’m looking forward to. I haven’t beaten her (Serena) in a long time.” –Maria
Old Oct 27th, 2012, 06:57 PM   #940
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

Imagine TF if Maria ends up beating Rena tomorrow .
Mr.Sharapova is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2012, 07:00 PM   #941
Forever Sharapova.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long and Hard View Post
Imagine TF if Maria ends up beating Rena tomorrow .
database error?
we haven't had one in a while

anyway just listen to this song
Old Oct 27th, 2012, 07:20 PM   #942
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trih View Post
Ok. Faith in Vika: restored.
Not buying it. I'm watching the match right now it's one thing to say those words but on court she is doing a lot of different things, touching her leg, playing the victim
doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2012, 07:23 PM   #943
Forever Sharapova.

^doomsday we all know she was acting up but can we just settle it as masha beat vika, especially in GM.
otherwise people will be laughing tomorrow
Old Oct 27th, 2012, 07:39 PM   #944
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trih View Post
Chrissiefan the good
I felt a little sad too for Vika when she was almost crying, but in all honesty I think she acted a little too dramatic about it. I mean, I'm sure she was tired but Maria and the others are too. Radwanska probably was the most tired today against Serena but she didn't show it too much.
Well, Vika had bigger expectations of herself than Aga going into their respective semis, which partly explains their reactions. And Vika is more emotional than Aga anyway. I think that six days is too short a time to play five matches, especially since it means that some may get their day of rest on more opportune moments than the competition. Aga was the victim of that on this occasion. Not that it's very likely that she would have had much of a chance against Serena anyway, but to have to play her less than a day after playing the longest three setter in history while Serena was fully rested really made it a foregone conclusion. Perhaps they should make it an eight day event like they do on the mens side.

On another note, I'm in favor of keeping the YEC in Istanbul for the forseeable future. As far as I'm concerned they have earned the right to keep it there by their enthusiasm and filling the stands for every single session since it got there last year. I can sorta understand the policy of changing locations on a regular basis to promote the game, but I think it's far better promotion for the womens game to play for a capacity crowd of enthusiastic people than to give it to god knows who where there are more people on the court than in the stands.

Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2012, 07:53 PM   #945
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

Beyond The Baseline ‏@SI_BTBaseline
Maria Sharapova rewarding journalists with Sugarpova now? #wtachamps http://instagr.am/p/RS4y88N5lq/
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote