YEC 2012 iSTANBUL Mission: Beat Vika/Rena, humiliate Haga and win the title. - Page 61 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 27th, 2012, 03:55 PM   #901
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future
Re: YEC 2012 iSTANBUL Mission: Beat Vika/Rena, humiliate Haga and win the title.

Maria, I didn't expect such an amazing match So proud of this girl

So, final between the 2 best active players on tour and of course an inevitable outcome. I think I'd be more than happy if she wins like 6 games.

Don't be scared and try to enjoy tomorrow
Fighterpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 27th, 2012, 04:02 PM   #902
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: YEC 2012 iSTANBUL Mission: Beat Vika/Rena, humiliate Haga and win the title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jechijo View Post
Serena will play her best match of the tournament.. we know that, so I'm not betting on maria winning too many games! I'd be really happy with 4 games! Hopefully it'll happen!
6-0/6-0 or 6-2/6-2 doesn't make that much of a difference. Maria has to play to win and if that leads her to 2-6/2-6 defeat, so be-it. Obviously Serena is the overwhelming favorite, as she would be against anyone else these days, but Maria can't get into the match with a mindset of "I hope that I won't get humiliated today."

Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2012, 04:05 PM   #903
country flag JoPova

JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
6-0/6-0 or 6-2/6-2 doesn't make that much of a difference. Maria has to play to win and if that leads her to 2-6/2-6 defeat, so be-it. Obviously Serena is the overwhelming favorite, as she would be against anyone else these days, but Maria can't get into the match with a mindset of "I hope that I won't get humiliated today."
I know! A winning mentality is fundamental. I'm just saying this because I'll be disappointed tomorrow and I really don't like that. Maria has lost so many finals this year! It's unbelievable!

Novak Djokovic Roger Federer Tomas Berdych Juan Martin Del Potro Richard Gasquet
JoPova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2012, 04:10 PM   #904
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute

A win over Vika on HC in straights sets as well, I still can't believe it.
doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2012, 04:10 PM   #905
country flag Angelpova
Naoned e Breizh

Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of

Maria...

Angelpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2012, 04:11 PM   #906
country flag Marga.

Marga. has disabled reputation

Did you see Vika's tears fall down while she was slowly losing That moment was precious
Marga. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2012, 04:12 PM   #907
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

To be honest I'm not so sure about the mental block here. I think Maria stubbornly sticks to her own notion that when she plays her best that she beats anyone. Even though we know that mightn't be the case, I think that's what she believes. So Serena's own great play frustrates Maria and causes her to force her game.
Old Oct 27th, 2012, 04:14 PM   #908
country flag JoPova

JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameshazza View Post
To be honest I'm not so sure about the mental block here. I think Maria stubbornly sticks to her own notion that when she plays her best that she beats anyone. Even though we know that mightn't be the case, I think that's what she believes. So Serena's own great play frustrates Maria and causes her to force her game.
Totally agree with you! That's when DFs start flowing and her FH becomes an UE-machine!

Novak Djokovic Roger Federer Tomas Berdych Juan Martin Del Potro Richard Gasquet
Old Oct 27th, 2012, 04:15 PM   #909
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute

Maria has always done so well at the YEC, bar last year when she was injured. Please make it respectable tomorrow, this win should give her confidence. Hopefully she doesn't mentally check out of the match again right after Serena hits her first return winner.
Break My Rapture is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2012, 04:17 PM   #910
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute

Through all of the negativity, deep down, I still am praying and hoping for a miracle upset of Serena. You have no idea how many times over the years I've played out in my mind and envisioned Maria defeating Serena again in a tournament final. It would put Maria's career in a different light and beating Serena at a big tournament final is, I think, the only way to shut the haters up for good. Or at least for a few minutes.
Foolish daydreaming?

I don't know what I'd do with myself if Maria actually beat Serena again. I might think the world is coming to an end.

My one big stat prognostication is Maria's first 3 service games. I think she absolutely MUST hold serve her first 3 times. It would give her a little rhythm and maybe a little belief and confidence. If she gets broken early, I fear another quick lopsided match. She has to provide some resistance early on.
Mexicola is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2012, 04:18 PM   #911
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Break My Rapture View Post
Maria has always done so well at the YEC, bar last year when she was injured. Please make it respectable tomorrow, this win should give her confidence. Hopefully she doesn't mentally check out of the match again right after Serena hits her first return winner.
Congrats on Vika's season.

And yes to that last part of your post.
Old Oct 27th, 2012, 04:21 PM   #912
country flag JoPova

Maria needs to be confident with her serve, find the rythm and the angles really well. She must use a lot of variety on serve and return Serena's second serve as well as she can! There's no time to hit second serves ROS long or wide, because if you miss one, the next point is likely going to be an ace! And I'd like to see her hit slower second serves to throw off Serena's timing.. Some ROS winners will come, but Serena can miss a couple as well..

Old Oct 27th, 2012, 04:23 PM   #913
country flag jameshazza

I agree with Maria handily holding her first 3 service games, if that happens she might loosen up and force a tiebreak.
Old Oct 27th, 2012, 04:23 PM   #914
country flag Lachy
ICE QUEENS.

Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute

I don't want this awesome season of hers to end. It's literally been amazing. Either way, tomorrow is her last tournament match of the season Do it Mash!
Lachy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2012, 04:23 PM   #915
country flag Craig.
MA5HA

Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameshazza View Post
I agree with Maria handily holding her first 3 service games, if that happens she might loosen up and force a tiebreak.
Easier said than done of course.

Les reines de Paris.
Craig. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote