YEC 2012 iSTANBUL Mission: Beat Vika/Rena, humiliate Haga and win the title. - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 10th, 2012, 05:44 PM   #76
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future
Re: YEC 2012 iStanbul Mission: Beat Vika and Serena on the way to the title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serbian_siren View Post
That scene

Fighterpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 10th, 2012, 06:12 PM   #77
country flag Shivank17

Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptilia View Post
I wonder if he has got laid yet his posts just reek of sexual frustration.

And Sickfalsetto your sig

Career Grand Slam + Silver Medalist.

When the going gets tough, the tough get going.
Twitter: @Shivank17
Shivank17 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 06:16 PM   #78
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cautiouslip View Post
It's not that her game isn't good enough, its just that she loses all of her confidence in finals. Look at her attitude in her 3 slam wins before the surgery there is a huge difference, and that is belief. She can still play an amazing game on hard courts, just look at the match against Kerber.
Yep.

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 06:56 PM   #79
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by MashaFan01 View Post
[I've read about a rotator cuff operation in the shoulder - it's a wonder that she plays tennis on such a high level at all - 'cause one loses strength in that shoulder which never can be rebuild again
MashaFan01, in general I agree with what you wrote. It is a confidence issue. Like I said in my previous post, I still think she is fragile in a way.
In the quoted part of your post- I disagree. There are many articles (medical) that describe patients returning to the previous level of performance after a rotator cuff surgery.
Those who don't rebuild the strength ever again, are usually those who have a full thickness tear, which, thanks God, I think Masha didn't have. Unless they haven't told us the whole truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HipsterPova View Post
I agree MashaFan01. It's all about her confidence. Also I always wondered, if she's ambidextrous, why not just ditch that bum right shoulder and play lefty? I mean...we know she can do it, it'd just be learning how to serve again
that train is gone, she cannot play lefty on pro tour... But she could use the underarm serve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cautiouslip View Post
It's not that her game isn't good enough, its just that she loses all of her confidence in finals. Look at her attitude in her 3 slam wins before the surgery there is a huge difference, and that is belief. She can still play an amazing game on hard courts, just look at the match against Kerber.
Yup! I totally agree. When she feels confident, she can do amazing things with the ball (all those winners ), with her A game. But when she doubts. Huh.. She is frozen then, and mainly stuck in one place (her footwork betrays her) and she is too passive and playing to the middle too much, not moving the opponent at all. Besides, Vichka will always outrun her.

Besides what can one expect when you see her this tight when the match hasn't started yet --- https://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.ne...iirvpQqqDB4wY_
It's like Roger vs. Nadal, so pale, so tight...

I am trying to gather courage to watch the Beijing final... Should I do it?
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 07:05 PM   #80
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

Is the underarm serve even legal these days?
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 07:25 PM   #81
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of

Quote:
No idea.
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 07:39 PM   #82
country flag Kon.

Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Pretty sure it is, like it's always been.
How amazing would it be if someone randomly decided to serve underarm a la Hingis RG '99 final.
Kon. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 07:41 PM   #83
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderwall. View Post
Pretty sure it is, like it's always been.
How amazing would it be if someone randomly decided to serve underarm a la Hingis RG '99 final.
I don't know which year it was, but I'm sure a girl did it mid-match at Wimbledon, probably in the juniors. I was watching and everyone in the crowd was like "did that bitch really just do that"
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 11:32 PM   #84
country flag Shafanovic.
#claypova

Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute

Subscribe

CLAYPOVA
Shafanovic. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2012, 12:33 AM   #85
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

I was watching AO highlights too, the reason Maria was so successful there was because she had implemented the spins and the angles on her shots. I think we have to appreciate that Maria started from scratch to go from zero to number 1 in the world in 3 years is pretty amazing. How many juniors do that? And that's what Maria just coming back could almost be compared to.

The main thing that she needs to work on is her serve which she will continue to do that. It is the catalyst for her game. She really needs to get a natural feel for it because that's what gives the variety and she doesn't have that at the minute. If she can get that fully back then her HC tennis will likely comeback, even though Maria in 2005/2006 was all out flat bashing and it was amazing, it led to very erratic performances which is why her spins and angles could be a good thing in the long run. I mean look at some of the shockers she's game us this year, imagine if she was trying to bash every ball (in fact many shocker have been because of that).

Yeah, she needs her confidence back again, that killer unshakable belief but realistically even the toughest don't have unlimited strength. The past couple of years will have taken a lot out of her but seasons like this one should go a long way to getting that back. I know it's frustrating to see her lose to players like Vika/Aga who an AO 2008 Maria would have bagelled and breadsticked but it's a process. She's came leaps and bounds these past two season, the time for worrying will be if we're still here this time next year.
Old Oct 11th, 2012, 12:13 PM   #86
country flag JoPova

JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future

Have I already said that I want a Radwanska rematch at the YEC? Maria needs to beat her as soon as possible! She has to!

Novak Djokovic Roger Federer Tomas Berdych Juan Martin Del Potro Richard Gasquet
JoPova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2012, 04:31 PM   #87
country flag domon17th

domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jechijo View Post
Have I already said that I want a Radwanska rematch at the YEC? Maria needs to beat her as soon as possible! She has to!
I'm not sure if I'd like to see her lose to Aga if her game isn't there yet.

But otherwise, give it your all, Maria. Withdraw from all your exhos
domon17th is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2012, 04:37 PM   #88
country flag JoPova

JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by domon17th View Post
I'm not sure if I'd like to see her lose to Aga if her game isn't there yet.

But otherwise, give it your all, Maria. Withdraw from all your exhos
So true! Another loss to Radwanska would be too much to handle!

Novak Djokovic Roger Federer Tomas Berdych Juan Martin Del Potro Richard Gasquet
JoPova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2012, 04:55 PM   #89
country flag Kon.

Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't know which year it was, but I'm sure a girl did it mid-match at Wimbledon, probably in the juniors. I was watching and everyone in the crowd was like "did that bitch really just do that"
Now imagine if a top pro did it.
Kon. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2012, 04:58 PM   #90
country flag domon17th

domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future

So when will the groups and draw be made? It starts next week right? Or not? Oops
domon17th is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote