YEC 2012 iSTANBUL Mission: Beat Vika/Rena, humiliate Haga and win the title. - Page 50 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 25th, 2012, 08:21 PM   #736
country flag Abuttons

Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold
Re: YEC 2012 iSTANBUL Mission: Beat Vika/Rena, humiliate Haga and win the title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MashaFan01 View Post
I'm not good at the math - so I'm asking all of you wise guys and girls:

a) I know that Masha is in the semis but is it determined yet who the #1 of the White group is or are there still some "ifs" and isn't it true that Masha needs to end top of her group to avoid Williams in the semis

b) Serena Williams ended top of her group - but the #2 is not determined yet - Kerber is out and it's between Na and Victoria - If Na wins - is Masha to be the #1 in the rankings by reaching the semis or does she at least have to reach the final?

Tanks in advance
Maria gets no. 1 only if she wins all the way through and Vika loses to Li.
Abuttons is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 25th, 2012, 08:23 PM   #737
country flag MashaFan01

MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of
Re: YEC 2012 iSTANBUL Mission: Beat Vika/Rena, humiliate Haga and win the title.

Thank you guys - Even if Victoria is out - she's to win the whole frecking tournament huh? - That's not going to be easy - if even possible - But one can always hope - right?
MashaFan01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25th, 2012, 08:27 PM   #738
country flag zmejche

zmejche is a glorious beacon of light zmejche is a glorious beacon of light zmejche is a glorious beacon of light zmejche is a glorious beacon of light zmejche is a glorious beacon of light zmejche is a glorious beacon of light zmejche is a glorious beacon of light zmejche is a glorious beacon of light zmejche is a glorious beacon of light zmejche is a glorious beacon of light zmejche is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiercepova View Post
Maria is surely the #1 in her group right now, even if Aga or Sara wins in straight, or Maria loses in straight to Sam tomorrow, she'll still be the #1 of the White Group.

And Serena is definitely the #1 of the Red Group. So Maria will play either Li or Vika in the semi. If Li wins tomorrow against Vika, Maria will still stand a chance to be the No.1 by the end of the season if she wins the tournament, and that means beating Serena in the final..
Wait, aren't lost sets taken in count when players have equal number of wins and losses? For example if Maria losses to Sam tomorrow and Aga beats Errani in straights, doesn't that put Aga first in the group with a ratio of 4-2(sets) and Maria second with 4-3 won/lost sets stats?

Sent from my iPhone using VS Free
zmejche is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25th, 2012, 08:39 PM   #739
country flag Fiercepova
4ever ♥ Wonder Girls

Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future

No, if Maria loses and Aga wins tomorrow, they are both 2-1, but Maria beat Aga yesterday in the RR match so she will finish first in the group, and even if Aga loses to Sara tomorrow, Maria will still finish first because she also beat Sara in the RR match. It only works the way you just said when there are 3 players have the same ratio of win-loss. In that case, they will be resolved first by the percentage of sets won, then by the percentage of games won.
Fiercepova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25th, 2012, 08:42 PM   #740
country flag MashaFan01

MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiercepova View Post
No, if Maria loses and Aga wins tomorrow, they are both 2-1, but Maria beat Aga yesterday in the RR match so she will finish first in the group, and even if Aga loses to Sara tomorrow, Maria will still finish first because she also beat Sara in the RR match. It only works the way you just said when there are 3 players have the same ratio of win-loss. In that case, they will be resolved first by the percentage of sets won, then by the percentage of games won.
You're good!!!
MashaFan01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25th, 2012, 09:06 PM   #741
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future

The semis are pretty much a lock now: Serena vs Hagatha and Maria vs Vika which means another Willyrenka final.

And so far it's been a pretty great YEC
Fighterpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25th, 2012, 09:08 PM   #742
Effy
God gave us Rock'n'Roll

Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute

^ very optimistic

Maria Sharapova
Pennetta Hingis Benčič Bouchard A.Radwańska Seleš Williams Golovin
Halep Ivanović Vekić Barthel Šafářová Keys Robson Konjuh
Effy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25th, 2012, 09:30 PM   #743
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

confirmed, masha will finish 1st in white group irregardless of the match outcomes tomorrow. so no rena SF

But she still has a monkey on her back - she is 0-22 against Top 5 players in her career, something she'll have to overcome as she takes on World No.4 Agnieszka Radwanska on Friday - the winner of that match will qualify for the semifinals as No.2 in the White Group, behind Maria Sharapova.

That match is second on, and the third match on will also determine a semifinalist - Victoria Azarenka and Li Na will square off, the winner of that match qualifying for the semifinals as No.2 in the Red Group, behind Serena Williams (Azarenka and Li both played on Thursday as well - read about Azarenka's loss to Williams here and Li's win over Kerber here).

The first match of the day pits Sharapova against Stosur and will not affect the standings in the White Group or who qualifies for the semifinals.
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25th, 2012, 09:33 PM   #744
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Sharapova 0-22 against top 5?
Old Oct 25th, 2012, 09:36 PM   #745
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameshazza View Post
Sharapova 0-22 against top 5?
IKR. What's up with that .

Anyway Vika isn't a lock for the semifinal yet and neither is Haga. I still think that the semifinal matches will be Serena-Haga and Maria-Li.
Mr.Sharapova is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25th, 2012, 09:45 PM   #746
country flag Sharapovian
RG '14

Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute

^^
That's about Errani.
Old Oct 25th, 2012, 09:49 PM   #747
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Ooops
Was Stosur not #5 at RG?
Old Oct 25th, 2012, 09:54 PM   #748
country flag Sharapovian
RG '14

Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute

She was #6. Serena overtook her in the rankings after Madrid/Rome.
Old Oct 25th, 2012, 10:00 PM   #749
Mrs. Dimitrova
#CareerSlamPova

Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc-spurs View Post
Explain the Vodkapova
These are a few of my favorite things.
Mrs. Dimitrova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25th, 2012, 10:22 PM   #750
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharapovian View Post
^^
That's about Errani.
Mr.Sharapova is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote