YEC 2012 iSTANBUL Mission: Beat Vika/Rena, humiliate Haga and win the title. - Page 31 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 22nd, 2012, 04:55 PM   #451
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: YEC 2012 iSTANBUL Mission: Beat Vika/Rena, humiliate Haga and win the title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameshazza View Post
Na has a great shot if she brings her brain, although that's a very big if these days. If she's Serena's first opponent I can see her winning, she has a good record against Kerber and there's no reason why she can't beat Vika. Serena will want to dish revenge on Kerber so she probably won't lose that and it's not as if she'll lose to Vika.

You have to favour Vika/Serena making it but Serena/Li is a real possibility. If Serena's very sloppy then it could also be Vika/Li.
Strange as it may sound, I think that Serena is the big questionmark of the tournament. If she's at her best she's obviously the big favorite, but she hasn't played since the USO and could be a bit rusty. Plus, is her mind fully on the job and has she prepared or is she saving herself for next year? Azarenka rarely plays below a certain level and I'd be very surprised if she doesn't qualify for the semis.

Thank you LI NA, we'll never forget you
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 22nd, 2012, 05:01 PM   #452
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: YEC 2012 iSTANBUL Mission: Beat Vika/Rena, humiliate Haga and win the title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trih View Post
Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Stadium (from 17.00hrs)
1. Agnieszka Radwanska vs. Petra Kvitova
2. Serena Williams vs. Angelique Kerber
3. Maria Sharapova vs. Sara Errani
Ideal for Maria I think. With a win under her belt (knock wood) there will be less pressure on her in the second match.

Thank you LI NA, we'll never forget you
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22nd, 2012, 05:05 PM   #453
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

http://www.sport24.co.za/Tennis/Mari...-talk-20121022

I wonder what they were talking about!!!
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22nd, 2012, 05:07 PM   #454
country flag JadeFox

JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Ideal for Maria I think. With a win under her belt (knock wood) there will be less pressure on her in the second match.
Hey you.

And yes a win over Errani will be good for Masha. Clay is Sara's best surface and if the surface in Instanbul is as fast as it was like last year then that's an advantage to Maria.

When Daylight's fading,We're gonna play in the dark
Till it's golden again
JadeFox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22nd, 2012, 05:11 PM   #455
country flag JoPova

JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Strange as it may sound, I think that Serena is the big questionmark of the tournament. If she's at her best she's obviously the big favorite, but she hasn't played since the USO and could be a bit rusty. Plus, is her mind fully on the job and has she prepared or is she saving herself for next year? Azarenka rarely plays below a certain level and I'd be very surprised if she doesn't qualify for the semis.
I'm expecting a motivated Serena, willing to finish the year with another big tournament under her belt, but I could be wrong.

As for Vika. I think that her average level of tennis is probably the best in the top 10. She doesn't necesserily needs to play THAT well to beat some top players, so it would take and inspired Na and Serena to beat her. Kerber has no chance. But I'm not sure it'll happen!

Novak Djokovic Roger Federer Tomas Berdych Juan Martin Del Potro Richard Gasquet
JoPova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22nd, 2012, 05:17 PM   #456
country flag JoPova

JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSlam View Post
As a Vika fan, that girl can produce some serious fuckery sometimes, but she does tend to pull through matches regardless of how badly she's playing.
Ture! I still remember her match against Brianti at RG! But she's way more consistent than everybody else in the top when it comes to play well one week after the other (at least this year).

Novak Djokovic Roger Federer Tomas Berdych Juan Martin Del Potro Richard Gasquet
Old Oct 22nd, 2012, 05:24 PM   #457
country flag JoPova

Quote:
EXCEPT for the fact she has a poor serve, and she really needs to work on it. It's already cost her a USO title.
Tell that to Maria She's the only one who can't return that serve! It looks as if she's playing Serena

Old Oct 22nd, 2012, 05:25 PM   #458
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
True!

Quote:
As a Vika fan, that girl can produce some serious fuckery sometimes, but she does tend to pull through matches regardless of how badly she's playing.
But as much as she can produce serious fuckery, the only one I think that can beat her if she fucks up is Serena... right now it seems she can beat everyone else even with fuckery.
Trih is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22nd, 2012, 05:30 PM   #459
country flag killerqueen

killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post
Isn't it pretty much a given that Maria would play Serena in the semis? These tournaments are always set up to have #1 play #2 in the final. Since Vika and Maria are the top two, Maria can't play her in the semis. And that only leaves Serena.

So, basically, this would be the greatest accomplishment and title in Maria's career, by far, because she'd have to defeat Serena and Vika back to back. Assuming things unfold the way I think they will.
No. Rankings only count in the draw forthe round Robbin stage of the YEC. The semi finals are decided by results of each group - the winner of one group plays the runner up of the other in the SF.

Elena Baltacha. Never forgotten.
killerqueen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22nd, 2012, 05:38 PM   #460
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

^ I feel red group winner: rena will play white group winner: masha in the SF
but then again Vika or Petra could win their respective groups

in that scenario it'd be Vika vs Masha Petra vs Rena
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22nd, 2012, 05:47 PM   #461
country flag JoPova

Quote:
I wouldn't mind a Maria v Serena SF. I mean, that H2H is already pretty much ruined, so it's better she lose to Serena than Vika IMO. Of course, if she's going to win a match against Serena, she DOES have to play her. So I'm all for it!
So true! Losing to Serena is like losing to one of the GOATS! So no shame in that, even though I'd love to see Maria win a couple more games! Serena is gifting sets away to Vika and Radwanska.. why can't she give one to Maria too?

Old Oct 22nd, 2012, 07:04 PM   #462
country flag Abuttons

Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold

Maria has the opportunity to put a seal of glory to a season that's been very satisfying but where she's suffered a few unneeded disappointments. She can definitely make it to the Semis, but I really hope she plays her best and wins her group to have some better chances (perhaps.....) to get to the last stage.
Abuttons is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22nd, 2012, 07:07 PM   #463
country flag zigga

zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of

Quote:
Exactly what I was thinking
Good luck tomorrow
Old Oct 22nd, 2012, 07:15 PM   #464
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masha Fierce View Post
. E qui il coach di Petra scuote la testa. Per la serie “datemi tutte le altre ma Maria no!”

google translate
And here Petra coach shakes his head. For the "give me all the others, but Maria no!

interested article here
http://www.oktennis.it/wordpress/pri...tacchi-sporchi
I don't understand. Is he dissing Maria's personality, or saying he doesn't want Petra playing her because Maria's the hardest for her to beat?
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22nd, 2012, 07:43 PM   #465
country flag MS17

MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
I don't understand. Is he dissing Maria's personality, or saying he doesn't want Petra playing her because Maria's the hardest for her to beat?
its obvious he doesnt want Maria to play Petra one more time this year