Beijing F: Azarenka def. Sharapova 6-3, 6-1 - Page 34 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Oct 8th, 2012, 12:32 PM   #496
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Beijing F: Azarenka def. Sharapova 6-3, 6-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by serbian_siren View Post
i think we all know the quota tbh:

rena beats everyone
vika beats everyone but rena
masha beats everyone but rena and vila
Yeah and honestly this is pretty fucking great. Going into any Slam thinking that there are only two players that can beat you (one if the draw falls right) must feel pretty good. Then to have the mental strength to be that predictable and acutally deliver the Slam at the French Open is pretty special. How often do you hear the over-used phrase: It is her title to lose. I bet maybe 20% of the time that player actually ends up winning the tournament (depending when it is said and with Sharapova at the French Open it could have been as early as round two).
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 8th, 2012, 12:36 PM   #497
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
1 thing is sure, you will NEVER see me jumping on another player's back just because she happens to be more successful than my previous fave I can assure you that.
That horse has already been beaten to pulp, how about you find another angle?

My Tennis Photo Database
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 12:39 PM   #498
country flag Lachy
ICE QUEENS.

Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick345 View Post
Yeah and honestly this is pretty fucking great. Going into any Slam thinking that there are only two players that can beat you (one if the draw falls right) must feel pretty good. Then to have the mental strength to be that predictable and acutally deliver the Slam at the French Open is pretty special. How often do you hear the over-used phrase: It is her title to lose. I bet maybe 20% of the time that player actually ends up winning the tournament (depending when it is said and with Sharapova at the French Open it could have been as early as round two).
Sorry to burst your bubble, you're on a roll of pretty good posts but there's no way she would, nor would any professional athlete at that level, go into a slam with that mentality. They want to win it, they think and believe they can. She wouldn't say to herself right well I have a chance, need a lucky draw, only 2 players can beat me. No way
Lachy is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 12:46 PM   #499
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lachy View Post
Sorry to burst your bubble, you're on a roll of pretty good posts but there's no way she would, nor would any professional athlete at that level, go into a slam with that mentality. They want to win it, they think and believe they can. She wouldn't say to herself right well I have a chance, need a lucky draw, only 2 players can beat me. No way
Well maybe I phrased that wrong. Let´s say from a fans perspective that is a good place to be in, although I think there is a sense of realism to professional athletes that they obviously would never transport to the outside. You especially would have to be an advocate of the "psychological factor". Afterall it is never anything Azarenka does, it is always Maria self-doubting and falling apart.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 12:50 PM   #500
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
That horse has already been beaten to pulp, how about you find another angle?
Fine, I will leave you alone from now on because at least you admit it. Not like Matt01.
doomsday is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 12:52 PM   #501
country flag Rest Maria!

Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Afterall it is never anything Azarenka does
How is it not? It's obvious Sharapova can't (consistently) attack Azarenka's deep, flat and fast balls, thus errors flow faster than water in Niagara Falls.
Rest Maria! is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 12:54 PM   #502
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Any slam ? you do realize that Vika and Serena are no threats to Maria on red clay for now while Maria is the one losing to them on HC and grass courts. Vika even had a hard time with Maria at the US OPEN.
You used to be more objective Patrick.
doomsday is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 12:59 PM   #503
country flag Lachy
ICE QUEENS.

Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well maybe I phrased that wrong. Let´s say from a fans perspective that is a good place to be in, although I think there is a sense of realism to professional athletes that they obviously would never transport to the outside. You especially would have to be an advocate of the "psychological factor". Afterall it is never anything Azarenka does, it is always Maria self-doubting and falling apart.
I think there is a realism factor with players of a certain ranking. I certainly doubt that any of the top 3 would enter a tournament expecting 'realistically' to be the runner up. And yep I am an advocate of the psychological factor, but not in this matchup at the moment. I think the Serena-Maria matchup is a textbook example of that in practice. There's no doubt in her current form Maria can beat Azarenka on hardcourts - it would, however, require her to have one of those days where she is painting the lines with a low error count. That sort of performance from her is less likely, but entirely possible - we've seen several of such performances across all surfaces (one this past week) during the season. The fact is, she'd step out on court expecting to be the winner and also expecting to be able to deliver that sort of gamestyle and execute.

So yeah, I don't think Maria 'falls apart' in this matchup on occasions because it's Azarenka herself on the other side of the net. I think it happens because in her current form, the way to win in this matchup on hardcourts is to hit through Azarenka, and that is going to inevitably involve far more days of massive error counts and ugly play. Is it likely that she will have one of 'those days' when she's painting lines and keeping her error count low? - not really. Is it possible? - definitely - we've seen examples of it.
Lachy is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 01:00 PM   #504
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Any slam ? you do realize that Vika and Serena are no threats to Maria on red clay for now while Maria is the one losing to them on HC and grass courts. Vika even had a hard time with Maria at the US OPEN.
You used to be more objective Patrick.
How do you know that?
Natural Joe is online now View My Blog!  
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 01:01 PM   #505
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Fine, I will leave you alone from now on because at least you admit it. Not like Matt01.
I don't admit anything, you seem to fail to understand the ironic tone of my user title

My Tennis Photo Database
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 01:11 PM   #506
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
1 thing is sure, you will NEVER see me jumping on another player's back just because she happens to be more successful than my previous fave I can assure you that.
Funny.

There's nothing inherently wrong with switching players. But if you're going to switch (especially to a top ranked player who you didn't stan for before), at least do it more quietly or progressively, I know.

Hell, if he would have picked a lower ranked player that happened to climb the ranking ladder, no one would care.

But I hear ya! That's TF.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 01:15 PM   #507
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
Funny.

There's nothing inherently wrong with switching players. But if you're going to switch (especially to a top ranked player who you didn't stan for before), at least do it more quietly or progressively, I know.

Hell, if he would have picked a lower ranked player that happened to climb the ranking ladder, no one would care.

But I hear ya! That's TF.
See, that shows your twisted and messed up logic. Who has so little life that he chooses players for strategic reasons just to look good in a message board? I seriously hope nobody's that pathetic.

I choose my players solely on personal sympathy. I could never cheer for players that I don't like as a person, life's too short for that.

My Tennis Photo Database
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 01:39 PM   #508
country flag Rest Maria!

Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute

But it is incredibly annoying to see people supporting whoever's #1 at the moment, rather than stick to their faves.
Rest Maria! is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 01:49 PM   #509
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
See, that shows your twisted and messed up logic. Who has so little life that he chooses players for strategic reasons just to look good in a message board? I seriously hope nobody's that pathetic.

I choose my players solely on personal sympathy. I could never cheer for players that I don't like as a person, life's too short for that.
Talk about twisted logic; how did you come to that interpretation?

I was speaking about how you were perceived, based off of your actions. I wasn't telling you what to do (which I made clear). Please reread!
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 01:53 PM   #510
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post

I was speaking about how you were perceived. I wasn't telling you what to do. Please reread!
No, you were throwing accusations at me, starting with talking about "switching" players which implies that I'm not cheering for one of my faves anymore...which is of course wrong.

My Tennis Photo Database
Closed Thread