Worst blown opportunity at RG for Hingis? - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: WHICH ONE

1997 27 34.18%
1998 4 5.06%
1999 45 56.96%
2000 3 3.80%
2001 0 0%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Old Oct 8th, 2012, 05:32 PM   #61
country flag SelesGOAT

SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all
Re: Worst blown opportunity at RG for Hingis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammo View Post
Are you really not only comparing but saying that Errani is greater than Majoli? Any Errani wouldn't win more than 4 games against 1997 Majoli
Schiavone is even much better than Errani, and Schiavone is the worst player to win a slam since Chris O Neil.
SelesGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 8th, 2012, 05:38 PM   #62
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Her groundstrokes from the 97 final would have blown someone like Errani off the court
you mean groundstrokes , 70% of which coming on serviceline? just go and rewatch this match ..... In contemporary tennis Majoli would have been blown off the court.

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

32 WTA titles , including 12 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 05:45 PM   #63
country flag SelesGOAT

SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaMasha View Post
you mean groundstrokes , 70% of which coming on serviceline? just go and rewatch this match ..... In contemporary tennis Majoli would have been blown off the court.
By Errani's moonballs.
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 05:48 PM   #64
country flag SelesGOAT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zhZ_vCx-mY

Watch many of these points closely. Errani's groundstrokes mainly land "inside" the service line (and not because she is hitting drop shot, lol), and dont even get me started on her serve which makes Majoli's look like Serena's.
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 05:50 PM   #65
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
In contemporary tennis Majoli would have adapted to the game and she would have kept routinining mediocre players like Errani on a weekly basis blowing them off the court.

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live."
Sammo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 06:12 PM   #66
country flag hingisGOAT

hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute hingisGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

Vulturepova stans Nobody thinks she is better than Hingis, sorry. And is someone really saying that Errani is better than Majoli, AND saying that Majoli was some puff-baller who would be blown off the court? I can't Since you were obviously born yesterday, why not educate yourself before posting in these threads? There's this little website called youtube...

Anyway, it's really hard to say. 1999 was the closest she's been to winning, and that match was career-ending in many ways. But she was playing Steffi fucking Graf, so it's hard to say she clearly should have won. 1997 seems like the biggest waste on paper, but Martina never really even got into the match. Same thing for 1998. 2001 was such a bad match against such a weak opponent, but Hingis was not confident and playing poorly by that point in her career.

I believe Hingis herself refers to her 2000 loss as a match she really should have won, so I'll go with that, although a case could be presented for any one of these matches.
In tennis history, no top player has suffered more beat-downs in big matches than Vulturepova T1 R16 2-6 1-6 AM | T1 SF0-6 0-6 LD | T1 F 3-6 1-6 MH | AO F 1-6 2-6 SW | T1 R16 1-6 1-6 SW | RG SF 1-6 1-6 AI | Wimbledon SF 2-6 2-6 VW | T1 QF 2-6 2-6 VW | T1 F 4-6 1-6 VA | T1 QF 1-6 3-6 SW | T1 F 1-6 4-6 VA | T1 SF 1-6 2-6 Woz | AO F 3-6 0-6 VA | T1 F 2-6 3-6 VA | T1 QF 1-6 3-6 SW | Olympics F 0-6 1-6 SW | T1 F 3-6 1-6 VA
hingisGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 06:23 PM   #67
country flag égalité

égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute

Mashastans seem kind of insecure about the validity of her RG title. Trying to make it seem more impressive by saying that Errani is better than Majoli. I don't see the point. No one's taking away Masha's career slam. She won RG fair and square. She just happened to do it against a fluke MM queen who would get killed by Majoli any day.
Bitttchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh You Better Pay It Honey! The Devil Is A Liar!!!!! Bitches Get Interviews And Shit? Where They Do That At Honey? Girls Are Late Honey!!!! The Queen Needs To Get Into It Honey Cause The Girls Is Late Out Here! Yes Honey Im Throwing Epic Shade!

Management!
égalité is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 09:05 PM   #68
country flag thrust

thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindsayRulz View Post
The 1999 legendary breakdown.
I AGREE! Martina was winning, but due to an idiotic temper tantrum, all but gave the match away. Majoli played the match of her life in that FO final, and thoroughly deserved her win, which gave me much pleasure.
thrust is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9th, 2012, 01:58 AM   #69
country flag Thirty All

Thirty All is a name known to all Thirty All is a name known to all Thirty All is a name known to all Thirty All is a name known to all Thirty All is a name known to all Thirty All is a name known to all Thirty All is a name known to all Thirty All is a name known to all Thirty All is a name known to all Thirty All is a name known to all Thirty All is a name known to all

The legendary 1999 baseline breakdown
Thirty All is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9th, 2012, 02:28 AM   #70
country flag Nicolás89

Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hingisGOAT View Post
Vulturepova
Nuff said.
Old Oct 9th, 2012, 02:58 AM   #71
country flag Brad[le]y.
Wingis <3

Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hingis didn't win RG playing in Final vs Majoli .... and Errani is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Majoli
Quote:
before RG 1997 she had only 1 title on clay - Hamburg and it was Tier 2

Moreover I watch this final vs Hingis..... Majoli's strikes and ROS all coming in the middle of hardcourt She would have been bagelled by anyone in top 10 of 2012

Hingis was a more favourite with her 37-0 winning streak than Sharapova in her Final
What a bunch of bullshit

You do realize that Hingis skipped almost all of the claycourt season because of injury, right? And her road to that final alone was tougher than Sharapova's RG draw for whatever it's worth
Brad[le]y. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9th, 2012, 03:00 AM   #72
country flag young_gunner913
Praise thy name.

young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute

Obviously it's 99 F vs Graf.

But it's okay. She still had a stellar career without completely the career slam.

Old Oct 9th, 2012, 03:12 AM   #73
country flag Charlatan
Diabolical

Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute

Was NashaMasha already born in 1999? Cause....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasey View Post
Can't grab a Slam, grab cash then
Charlatan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9th, 2012, 03:24 AM   #74
country flag Stamp Paid
Joshua

Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute

OMG yas, somebody brought CareerSlamPova into this!
Fight gerls! Stake your claims!
Old Oct 9th, 2012, 03:28 AM   #75
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

This thread is too much, and I only read the last two pages.

The snark just seemingly jumps off the pages through out.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote