Were you guys satisfied by Sharapova and Azarenka this year? - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Were you guys satisfied with Vika(N1) and Maria(N2) this year ?

Yes 60 58.25%
No 7 6.80%
Serena overshadowed them 36 34.95%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Old Oct 7th, 2012, 02:31 PM   #76
bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Were you guys satisfied by Sharapova and Azarenka this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
I disagree that anyone can know the outcome of a hypothetical match for sure. That's all.
Fair enough...I don't have a problem with it actually. '07 Juju was a thorn in Serena's side. No problemos accepting that.
bandabou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 7th, 2012, 03:00 PM   #77
country flag *Jool*

*Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute

her results are great but I'm not satisfied with those thrashing Maria's received like today's

KATA - AMG -
APS

Serena- Garcia- Hercog- KDK- Daniilidou- Puig- Muguruza...

*Jool* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 03:41 PM   #78
country flag LUVMIRZA

LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute

I am very satisfied with Vika's results. Also she didnt allow Serena to overshadow her by playing an incredible USO final and a super competitive Wimbledon semis

For her standards, BB is doing well too

2012 & 2013 USO Finalist - Chokerenka
LUVMIRZA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 06:09 PM   #79
country flag SelesGOAT

SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandabou View Post
As I said OFF clay..Juju's wins at Wimby and the U.S. open are the only two wins off of clay for Juju against Serena. And those two wins, specially the first one..Serena injured her thumb a match prior, otherwise the h2h would've been 2-2 in Juju's best year.
In Henin's only loss that year she had something like a 6-0, 5-3 lead and choked, never should have lost even that one. Henin is one of my least favorite players because she is a shameful and remorseful cheater, and since she disgraced herself and women athletes by marrying a gay gold digger who milked her for years, but still must admit never has there been a year Serena was a top player that any chief rival dominated her to the extent Henin did Serena that year. As for Henin not beating Serena much on non clay surfaces, Henin did get to play Serena in her own prime much at all, they didnt play a single match from 2004-2006, and didnt play on a hard court in 2003. 2007 was her only shot of beating Serena on hard courts in her prime, as it was the only times they played. Yeah that wasnt Serena's best ever either, but that is the point, their primes didnt even intersect much, however they did play often on various courts in 2001-2002 when Serena was much closer to her best, so she had an unfair advantage in that sense. The matchup is still a bit of an unknown, but Justine totally dominating Serena on one surface (clay), totally dominating her for a whole year both were slam winners and top players (2007), and unquestionably being above her at all times in the game for a 5 year span (late 2003 until she retired in 2008) is still more head to head victory vs Serena than any player she faced in her career managed.
SelesGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 06:59 PM   #80
bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SelesGOAT View Post
In Henin's only loss that year she had something like a 6-0, 5-3 lead and choked, never should have lost even that one. Henin is one of my least favorite players because she is a shameful and remorseful cheater, and since she disgraced herself and women athletes by marrying a gay gold digger who milked her for years, but still must admit never has there been a year Serena was a top player that any chief rival dominated her to the extent Henin did Serena that year. As for Henin not beating Serena much on non clay surfaces, Henin did get to play Serena in her own prime much at all, they didnt play a single match from 2004-2006, and didnt play on a hard court in 2003. 2007 was her only shot of beating Serena on hard courts in her prime, as it was the only times they played. Yeah that wasnt Serena's best ever either, but that is the point, their primes didnt even intersect much, however they did play often on various courts in 2001-2002 when Serena was much closer to her best, so she had an unfair advantage in that sense. The matchup is still a bit of an unknown, but Justine totally dominating Serena on one surface (clay), totally dominating her for a whole year both were slam winners and top players (2007), and unquestionably being above her at all times in the game for a 5 year span (late 2003 until she retired in 2008) is still more head to head victory vs Serena than any player she faced in her career managed.
Ah the famous choke..but it ain't like that was Serena's first time coming back against an elite player, soo..

Juju had her moments after '03, but since Serena most soo much in those years, it ain't saying much that Juju was better over that period of time.
bandabou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 10:02 PM   #81
country flag Dominic

Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I am, they were both consistently great and deserve the number 1 and 2 definitely
Dominic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 10:28 PM   #82
country flag producer88

producer88 is a splendid one to behold producer88 is a splendid one to behold producer88 is a splendid one to behold producer88 is a splendid one to behold producer88 is a splendid one to behold producer88 is a splendid one to behold producer88 is a splendid one to behold producer88 is a splendid one to behold producer88 is a splendid one to behold producer88 is a splendid one to behold producer88 is a splendid one to behold

Henin h2h against Serena is only close because of clay. Serena still leads in their h2h!

Henin was lucky Serena was returning in 2007, after having a long time out of the tennis world. It's unfortunate neither have met each other when they were on their peak, but I still believe Serena would win.

Either way, back on topic both Vika & Sharapova had a great year! Vika especially! I love Vika now, but I have to say what Serena accomplished, overshadows all of their success.
producer88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 10:31 PM   #83
country flag The Dawntreader
La Divina Assoluta

The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute

Yes. But satisfied is a very conservative word that says a lot.
Old Oct 9th, 2012, 01:43 AM   #84
country flag momo_rama

momo_rama is just really nice momo_rama is just really nice momo_rama is just really nice momo_rama is just really nice momo_rama is just really nice momo_rama is just really nice momo_rama is just really nice momo_rama is just really nice momo_rama is just really nice momo_rama is just really nice momo_rama is just really nice

I think both have done a great job at 'taming' 99% of the tour. Very consistent and mentally they are always engaged. But I think their consistency has more to do with the inconsistency of the rest of the field. The top ten apart from Aga, Sara and Angie have been so up and down. I think 2012 season was boring tbh as exciting players like Kvitova, Li, Stosur and Bartoli really struggled in keeping their levels consistently high.

And tbh Sharapova was awful in finals, always seemed to play the wrong game plan and look like the final was actually her first match of the tournament!!
momo_rama is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote