Were you guys satisfied by Sharapova and Azarenka this year? - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Were you guys satisfied with Vika(N1) and Maria(N2) this year ?

Yes 60 58.25%
No 7 6.80%
Serena overshadowed them 36 34.95%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Old Oct 6th, 2012, 06:13 PM   #46
country flag sweetadri06

sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Were you guys satisfied by Sharapova and Azarenka this year?

I'm satisfied that there is actually a rivalry between them, I like both of them but not as much as I like Serena. So i don't worry when I watch their matches against each other.
Advertisement

Old Oct 6th, 2012, 06:22 PM   #47
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's impossible to not be satisfied with the year Vika has had. At the beginning of the year, everybody was expecting Kvitova to become the new #1, nobody even talked about Vika.

She won her first slam, there was zero post-slam slump, quite the contrary as she went on an impressive streak after winning her first slam - when's the last time we saw that from a first-time slam winner?

The closest thing to a drop off period she had all year was her mediocre RG but if that's the worst you`ve done all year you know it has been a stellar season. Depending on what happens tomorrow and at the YEC, she can end the year with up to 7 titles, the YE#1 and a comfortable lead in the ranking - There's just nothing bad that can be said about her season, she has exceeded all expectations.

My Tennis Photo Database

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 06:23 PM   #48
country flag Nicolás89

Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute

Serena Williams.
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 06:38 PM   #49
country flag Brad[le]y.
Wingis <3

Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
Same goes for Maria I would even add top 15.
Kerber was outside the top 20 when she beat Martha in Paris.
Brad[le]y. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 06:39 PM   #50
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
I think it's impossible to not be satisfied with the year Vika has had. At the beginning of the year, everybody was expecting Kvitova to become the new #1, nobody even talked about Vika.

She won her first slam, there was zero post-slam slump, quite the contrary as she went on an impressive streak after winning her first slam - when's the last time we saw that from a first-time slam winner?

The closest thing to a drop off period she had all year was her mediocre RG but if that's the worst you`ve done all year you know it has been a stellar season. Depending on what happens tomorrow and at the YEC, she can end the year with up to 7 titles, the YE#1 and a comfortable lead in the ranking - There's just nothing bad that can be said about her season, she has exceeded all expectations.
You either
doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 06:41 PM   #51
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad[le]y. View Post
Kerber was outside the top 20 when she beat Martha in Paris.
She was 14th and reached the top 10 by winning the tournament.
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 06:44 PM   #52
country flag Nicolás89

Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
In your delusional mind perhaps.
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 06:45 PM   #53
country flag NashaP

NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold

I am very satisfied with Maria's year. Its the best year she's had on tour. Not only managed to win a slam, but the slam to complete her career slam with.

As for Vika, I am surprised by her year. Never thought she would win as much as she did. I always thought she was a second tier player.
NashaP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 06:48 PM   #54
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Kerber was 27 when she beat Maria in Paris.

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 06:50 PM   #55
country flag doomsday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matías. View Post
In your delusional mind perhaps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin. View Post
Kerber was 27 when she beat Maria in Paris.
Really? I shouldn't trust lequipe.fr then.
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 06:54 PM   #56
country flag Brad[le]y.
Wingis <3

Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

From the WTA website.

Old Oct 6th, 2012, 06:56 PM   #57
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

DEAD at the fact that Kerber needed 3 sets to beat Niculescu and Wickmayer but beat Maria in straights

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 06:57 PM   #58
Volcana

Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute

Azarenka and Sharapova both had very satisfactory AND Serena overshadowed them.
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 06:59 PM   #59
country flag Brad[le]y.
Wingis <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin. View Post
DEAD at the fact that Kerber needed 3 sets to beat Niculescu and Wickmayer but beat Maria in straights
Her Copenhagen run was even more hilarious. She lost sets to Keothavong, and Foretz-Gacon.
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 07:01 PM   #60
country flag Kairi

Kairi has a reputation beyond repute Kairi has a reputation beyond repute Kairi has a reputation beyond repute Kairi has a reputation beyond repute Kairi has a reputation beyond repute Kairi has a reputation beyond repute Kairi has a reputation beyond repute Kairi has a reputation beyond repute Kairi has a reputation beyond repute Kairi has a reputation beyond repute Kairi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradbury View Post
Yes, both of them have performed fantastically well. Especially Maria, given her somewhat limited game and talent. Exceeded all expectations.
Yup.
Kairi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote