Were you guys satisfied by Sharapova and Azarenka this year? - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Were you guys satisfied with Vika(N1) and Maria(N2) this year ?

Yes 61 58.65%
No 7 6.73%
Serena overshadowed them 36 34.62%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Old Oct 6th, 2012, 02:07 PM   #31
country flag JamieOwen3

JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Were you guys satisfied by Sharapova and Azarenka this year?

I won't be voting in the poll, I'll be saying why I was satisfied with this year as a whole with all 3 players who deserved their slams and DESERVE THE RESPECT THAT ALL DON'T GET AT SOME POINT.

My faves have made every slam final this year I'm more than happy, well last 6 slams actually. Maria lost badly in AO but happy for Vika to have won her first slam she deserved it. Vika having such a great run after that AO win showed it was no fluke win and that she deserved her #1 rank. Then The clay season well Serena and Maria had me in a few tears at the FO different reasons, was overjoyed when Maria won! Just elated for her to be able to get that and at least reach #1 again. Then Wimbledon came and I was a mess again when Serena won cuz I knew what she had gone through so to be able to play like she did and win there again I was like and at the same time . The US Open was more than I could have asked for *Maria only made the 4th round once since 2006 * so reaching the SF was a fantastic result in all. The final although the second set was Serena breaking a fuse the 3rd was little more even and rounded the slams of 2012 up nicely. The slam Winners of 2012 also were Gold Silver and Bronze Medal Winners at the Olympics which also rounds up this year as perfect.
Maria Sharapova Venus & Serena Martina Hingis Anna Kournikova Monica Seles Ana Ivanovic Victoria Azarenka Jelena Dokic Laura Robson Eugenie Bouchard Heather Watson Elena Baltacha R.I.P Petra Kvitova Donna Vekic

Official Siberian Death Stare Of The Maria Mafia
Andy Murray 2013 Wimbledon Champion. @TheGrandSlams
JamieOwen3 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 6th, 2012, 02:11 PM   #32
country flag dencod16

dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute

Of course Serena overshadowed them but i don't think that matters, she will always overshadow them, Serena not playing overshadows most the players. It's good for the sport that this two are performing well, they need Radwanska to keep improving her game and being more aggressive will be better if there is three of them. Kvitova will also be a good addition if she can be consistent.
dencod16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 02:40 PM   #33
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameshazza View Post
I have been very pleased with Maria this year, especially her results off clay considering she's been far from her best a lot of the time. Just hope she can capitalise on this season and continue to improve because there's still A LOT of room.

I also respect Vika's season, she's done her job well.
+1

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 02:45 PM   #34
country flag ExXotikal

ExXotikal has a reputation beyond repute ExXotikal has a reputation beyond repute ExXotikal has a reputation beyond repute ExXotikal has a reputation beyond repute ExXotikal has a reputation beyond repute ExXotikal has a reputation beyond repute ExXotikal has a reputation beyond repute ExXotikal has a reputation beyond repute ExXotikal has a reputation beyond repute ExXotikal has a reputation beyond repute ExXotikal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradbury View Post
Yes, both of them have performed fantastically well. Especially Maria, given her somewhat limited game and talent. Exceeded all expectations.

I agree, shade and all
ExXotikal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 02:49 PM   #35
country flag Joelina

Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt.Timmykinz View Post
Sharapova's like Rihanna...no one quite knows why she's successful but she is.

On a serious note, what about Aga, she may not have won a slam but her results prove she is perfectly ranked right now. Her game gets a lot of criticism but she has backed it up on court and I think rounds out the top quite nicely. Hopefully she will improve next year and get that maiden slam and the #1 ranking.

so pressed that Aga wasn´t even mention in this thread, you know, this is only for the best Serena, Masha and Vika

Kvitova Vaidisova Ivanovic Cepelova Hantuchova Jankovic
Joelina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 03:37 PM   #36
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyFella View Post
absolutely not, Pova was relevant only in clay run and punchbag for the rest of it, Vika has done nothing significant after her GS and 26-0 start, Rena overshadows them all with her Wimby-OG-USO run
K. Sharapova did lose the AO and OG finals badly, but she battled through some tough matches and got to those matches. Azarenka medalled at the Olympics as well, and she reached the US Open final and if not for her pedestrian serve she probably would have beaten Serena. Serena's clearly the best, but that doesn't mean these two should be reduced to afterthoughts.

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Old Oct 6th, 2012, 03:38 PM   #37
faboozadoo15

faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
If one of them also makes the final at the YEC, they will have the most finals in a season of anyone since Henin in 2007
Nice. Almost seems like a sure thing, too.
faboozadoo15 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 03:41 PM   #38
faboozadoo15

faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh yeah i guess View Post
Perhaps in the 0.001% chance that Azarenka, Sharapova and Serena will all simultaneously drop dead at one of the slams, then yes, that's a slight possibility.
Add in Li and Kvitova who I can't really see Aga beating at any major.
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 03:44 PM   #39
country flag dencod16

dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by faboozadoo15 View Post
Add in Li and Kvitova who I can't really see Aga beating at any major.
I can see Aggie beating Li and Sharapova on grass and slow hardcourts, don't know about Kvitova.
dencod16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 03:49 PM   #40
faboozadoo15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dencod16 View Post
I can see Aggie beating Li and Sharapova on grass and slow hardcourts, don't know about Kvitova.
What in Aga's recent matches with Li makes you think she'd win a set, much less beat her? Kvitova and Sharapova just present too many challenges for Aga's impotent game.

The only way Aga's beating Sharapova is if there's a 4 week major, which there isn't.
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 03:56 PM   #41
country flag gmak

gmak has a reputation beyond repute gmak has a reputation beyond repute gmak has a reputation beyond repute gmak has a reputation beyond repute gmak has a reputation beyond repute gmak has a reputation beyond repute gmak has a reputation beyond repute gmak has a reputation beyond repute gmak has a reputation beyond repute gmak has a reputation beyond repute gmak has a reputation beyond repute

I am
Dementieva Clijsters Safina Novotna Davenport Seles Pierce Mauresmo Bovina Vaidisova Golovin Spirlea Farina Likhovtseva Monami Halard Rubin Bedanova Tulyaganova Maleeva Zvereva Sabatini
gmak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 04:07 PM   #42
country flag Sombrerero loco

Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute

i want sharapova ranked lower but im ok with vika
not one of my faves since she did that to aga, but i like her game so much

Slava Shvedova- Bel Bencic- Alize Lim
Sombrerero loco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 06:03 PM   #43
country flag flareon

flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt.Timmykinz View Post
Sharapova's like Rihanna...no one quite knows why she's successful but she is.

On a serious note, what about Aga, she may not have won a slam but her results prove she is perfectly ranked right now. Her game gets a lot of criticism but she has backed it up on court and I think rounds out the top quite nicely. Hopefully she will improve next year and get that maiden slam and the #1 ranking.

I think thats the biggest load of crap you have ever posted, it bought tears to my eyes,
TT 2013: Won 25k Rancho Santa Fe DW/Phil=)
TT 2014: 1/2 Kuala Lumpur Singles,Won WTA FlorianapolisDW/Phil=),25k NottinghamDW/Phil=),F Istanbul 50kDW/Phil=)
flareon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 06:09 PM   #44
country flag Stonerpova
`

Yep. I'm satisfied.

Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Old Oct 6th, 2012, 06:12 PM   #45
country flag flareon

flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute

To answer OP they both won a slam and both have made many finals, yes satisfied with them both, australian open will be between, Vika, Maria, Li and Serena.
TT 2013: Won 25k Rancho Santa Fe DW/Phil=)
TT 2014: 1/2 Kuala Lumpur Singles,Won WTA FlorianapolisDW/Phil=),25k NottinghamDW/Phil=),F Istanbul 50kDW/Phil=)
flareon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote