Race - -Points Through the Year? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 8th, 2012, 11:39 PM   #1
country flag Spice

Spice is a splendid one to behold Spice is a splendid one to behold Spice is a splendid one to behold Spice is a splendid one to behold Spice is a splendid one to behold Spice is a splendid one to behold Spice is a splendid one to behold Spice is a splendid one to behold Spice is a splendid one to behold Spice is a splendid one to behold Spice is a splendid one to behold
Race - -Points Through the Year?

Can anyone explain to me how you lose points from a week ago in the Race to WTA Champs. I thought the race was on points raised throughout the year.

Kvitova had 5310 last week this week 5215

Errani had 2465 last week this week 2400

Can someone help? Am I being thick!
Spice is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 8th, 2012, 11:50 PM   #2
country flag Pump-it-UP
Senior Stan

Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Race - -Points Through the Year?

The Race only counts 16 best, and Beijing is a mandatory event. Prior to Beijing, Kvitova's 16th best must have been a 175 pointer, but she only earned 80 points in Beijing which means that her 175 was replaced with an 80. Thus a net loss of 95 points.

Same with Errani. 5 replaced her 16th best of 70 points.

GO AWAY Bitch!!! We don't want your Avon.
Pump-it-UP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 11:53 PM   #3
country flag Spice

Spice is a splendid one to behold Spice is a splendid one to behold Spice is a splendid one to behold Spice is a splendid one to behold Spice is a splendid one to behold Spice is a splendid one to behold Spice is a splendid one to behold Spice is a splendid one to behold Spice is a splendid one to behold Spice is a splendid one to behold Spice is a splendid one to behold

Thanks, pump it up. From what Eurosport said I thought all points were added not your best 16! As Serena, Vika and Maria have not played 16 events this year.
Old Oct 9th, 2012, 12:05 AM   #4
country flag Spice

Someone tweet Chris Bradnam and Jo Durie, they both say points to the race to Istanbul is just from points, they do not mention your best 16 events!
Old Oct 9th, 2012, 01:48 AM   #5
country flag dencod16

dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute

Also Kvitova has 2 0-pointers in her points.
dencod16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9th, 2012, 02:11 AM   #6
country flag duhcity
moderately sarcastic

duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spice View Post
Thanks, pump it up. From what Eurosport said I thought all points were added not your best 16! As Serena, Vika and Maria have not played 16 events this year.
All mandatory events are part of their ranking, as well as mandatory 0s from withdrawing from certain events they were committed to.

instargram
duhcity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote