Who are the most important players for the tour worldwide? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 6th, 2012, 09:43 AM   #1
country flag Navratil

Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future
Who are the most important players for the tour worldwide?

Don't post your favorites but the players you think are most important to promote the tour, to get public interest etc.

Considering that China is such a huge country and Na Li broke all the records for most spectators (French Open Final 2010 - Bejing 2012) she is sure very important for the tour - at least in Asia. Esp cause Jie Zheng and Shuai Peng are miles behind her.

In my opinion:

1. Sharapova
2. Serena Williams
3. Li
4. Venus Williams
5. Ivanovic
Navratil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 6th, 2012, 09:44 AM   #2
country flag Navratil

Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future
Re: Who are the most important players for the tour worldwide?

An indicater is the Forbes Magazine List of the Highest Paid Athletes
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 09:46 AM   #3
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Polish band and Sugar, obviously.
ShiftyFella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 09:47 AM   #4
country flag Navratil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navratil View Post
An indicater is the Forbes Magazine List of the Highest Paid Athletes
http://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbade...id-athletes/2/

I guess there's no doubt about the Top 3
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 09:56 AM   #5
country flag Marcoo

Marcoo is a name known to all Marcoo is a name known to all Marcoo is a name known to all Marcoo is a name known to all Marcoo is a name known to all Marcoo is a name known to all Marcoo is a name known to all Marcoo is a name known to all Marcoo is a name known to all Marcoo is a name known to all Marcoo is a name known to all

1. Williams 2. Sharapova in my opinion
Marcoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 10:02 AM   #6
country flag Grigorpova

Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of

WTA need to start promoting the newer top players and the newer generation, they won't have Sharapova/Serena forever
Grigorpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 10:03 AM   #7
country flag Jimmie48
Killer Queen

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Dream View Post
WTA need to start promoting the newer top players and the newer generation, they won't have Sharapova/Serena forever
This may apply to Serena but Sharapova's not that much older than the other young top players.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 10:20 AM   #8
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

1)Masha, Serena
2) Azarenka, Li

35) Wozniacki

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

33 WTA titles , including 13 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 10:20 AM   #9
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

Vika and Caro definitely need to be climbing higher in the next few years as I think both are great advocates for the sport.
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 10:43 AM   #10
country flag romismak

romismak is a name known to all romismak is a name known to all romismak is a name known to all romismak is a name known to all romismak is a name known to all romismak is a name known to all romismak is a name known to all romismak is a name known to all romismak is a name known to all romismak is a name known to all romismak is a name known to all

I term of promiting WTA? globally than i say

Sharapova - Serena - by far 2 biggest stars and names worldwide

Than 2nd tier names would be Li, Ivanovic, Stosur, maybe even Vika - Venus don´t know how important she is now, but definitely is not on top like years before

I forgot Caroline even she is not No.1 anymore she is good for marketing - and was 2 years No.1 so she made ,,name,, for her
romismak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 11:03 AM   #11
country flag andyjason

andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold

1st level: Sharapova, Serena
2nd level: Li, Azarenka, Kvitova,
3rd level: Caro, Aga, stosur, Ivanovic
4th level: Bartoli, Kerber, Kirikenko, Cibulkova
andyjason is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 11:05 AM   #12
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

Williams and Sharapova are the world wide most famous athlets for this sport.

Ivanovic is pretty popular too, but IMO Caroline promoted tennis when she was world n°1 like none did before her (for once let out the hate for her game etc.) but she really spent a lot of time for the WTA making promotions and advertising. She's really well known out of the world of tennis too and despite all the critics she's done a lot for the wta.

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 11:23 AM   #13
country flag Wonderlander

Wonderlander has much to be proud of Wonderlander has much to be proud of Wonderlander has much to be proud of Wonderlander has much to be proud of Wonderlander has much to be proud of Wonderlander has much to be proud of Wonderlander has much to be proud of Wonderlander has much to be proud of Wonderlander has much to be proud of Wonderlander has much to be proud of Wonderlander has much to be proud of

Serena, Sharapova and Li.
Venus belongs to this group but is totally overshadowed by Serena nowadays.
Ivanovic has had her chance but failed to use it.
Others are still a who?-bunch of players compared to Anna Kournikova.
Wonderlander is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 11:47 AM   #14
country flag Vespertine69

Vespertine69 has a reputation beyond repute Vespertine69 has a reputation beyond repute Vespertine69 has a reputation beyond repute Vespertine69 has a reputation beyond repute Vespertine69 has a reputation beyond repute Vespertine69 has a reputation beyond repute Vespertine69 has a reputation beyond repute Vespertine69 has a reputation beyond repute Vespertine69 has a reputation beyond repute Vespertine69 has a reputation beyond repute Vespertine69 has a reputation beyond repute

As others have said... Serena, Sharapova and Li - there are plenty of others who attract some interest for a variety of reasons (Venus, Kvitova, Wozniacki, Azarenka, Ivanovic, Hantuchova, etc) but I think only those 3 have real marketing power at present.
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 12:07 PM   #15
country flag Rui.

Rui. has a reputation beyond repute Rui. has a reputation beyond repute Rui. has a reputation beyond repute Rui. has a reputation beyond repute Rui. has a reputation beyond repute Rui. has a reputation beyond repute Rui. has a reputation beyond repute Rui. has a reputation beyond repute Rui. has a reputation beyond repute Rui. has a reputation beyond repute Rui. has a reputation beyond repute

You can't ever disregard Venus because she and Serena will always be seen as the Williams Sisters. That sold and that still sells

Li is a player for 2 billion people even if she's pretty much unknown in the rest of the world.

What I notice the most though is that the WTA as a product doesn't sell as much as say 4 years ago. Even Sharapova's name isn't thrown around as much even if she's still women's tennis "highlight".

Psycho Killer
Qu'est-ce que c'est
fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa far better
Run run run run run run run away

Last edited by Rui. : Oct 6th, 2012 at 12:14 PM.
Rui. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote