Julia`s season`s end 2012 - Linz and Luxembourg and ? - Page 9 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 18th, 2012, 07:02 PM   #121
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Julia`s season`s end 2012 - Linz and Luxembourg and ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardH View Post
Wasn't a good day but she was probably one point from winning- if she broke at 4-5 I think the match was hers.

With her fh technique Julia just can't afford to be mentally or physically tired, she needs her full focus.
She HAS to win these matches even if she is a bit tired if she wants to climb higher in the rankings. She easily has the game to be Top 10, and it just makes me sad to see it wasted.
KatjaS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 18th, 2012, 07:03 PM   #122
country flag Skoo

Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future

Words can't express my "gutedness". But I guess you can always expect this. And as those above said, it was probably because she was tired. It is just too sad
Skoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18th, 2012, 07:06 PM   #123
country flag Michael!
indescribable

Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute

yeah , as I said, Julia has to feel 100% well to be able to fight and be able to play good tennis, especially against someone like Niculescu.
It´s never easy to play against her and Julia wasn´t able to deal with it at all today.
Should have broken for 5-5 after that it was done, not able to fight back.
This week we can "blame" the empty battery as well but that´s still a typical defeat for Julia but I still hope that she learned from this season in general, learned from her defeats and from her wins and knows that she still has to work on her attitude.

A shame that she finished her season like that, I mean, that would have been another great sign to come back here from 1-5 to a 75 62 victory or whatever, that was absolutely possible, instead Julia did like she did in the past already and loses like that.
2012 she often had luck with her draws and still couldn´t take full advantage of it, we´ll see how it will be in 2013, she still is a great player on a good day and will have some good results next year as well but she just has to avoid such defeats like today and that seems to be her biggest problem.
Michael! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18th, 2012, 07:11 PM   #124
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe she should play fewer tournaments next year. She basically shows up everywhere she can, but often only for one match or two. Play 4 tournaments less, less travelling stress, more energy for tennis.
KatjaS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18th, 2012, 07:11 PM   #125
country flag mk27

mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael! View Post
This week we can "blame" the empty battery
But why is she playing doubles in Linz when her battery is nearly empty

It will be tough to defend all the points in the first 3 monaths 2013. She could easily being unseeded in Paris if you look at her points.
mk27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18th, 2012, 07:20 PM   #126
country flag Michael!
indescribable

Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatjaS View Post
Maybe she should play fewer tournaments next year. She basically shows up everywhere she can, but often only for one match or two. Play 4 tournaments less, less travelling stress, more energy for tennis.
yes, thats what I also thought!
I mean, Julia plays much, she shows up often but for her game she has to be 100% motivated and fit and that is not always the case.

I mean, she loves Gastein for example but playing there before the grass season started was just a bad idea, same with those MM tournaments after London IMO.
It´s not really nice to see how she loses to scrubs over and over again just bc she doesn´t have the energy or will to fight or to deal with tough situations.
Better then to play less but then at least being 100% focused!
Old Oct 18th, 2012, 07:29 PM   #127
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Funny, Julia played great in her 1st match and won it in under an hour. And she then had a day's rest before her 2nd match. And according to all of you she was tired?

Damn, I could be wrong but she looks like one of the fittest players on the tour, seems strange that she should be tired after having played only 1 hours tennis over the last 3 days.
Old Oct 18th, 2012, 07:32 PM   #128
country flag Skoo

Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shvedbarilescu View Post
Damn, I could be wrong but she looks like one of the fittest players on the tour, seems strange that she should be tired after having played only 1 hours tennis over the last 3 days.
Really now? You and what army? Yes, you are wrong.
Old Oct 18th, 2012, 07:40 PM   #129
country flag Michael!
indescribable

Love those who visit player threads of people who they actually dont even like.
Niculescu obviously is tricky but on a good day Julia would never lose to her and that´s pretty obvious but that´s another story.
Anyway, it´s quite knowns that a day off is not always good for u, Julia´s body was used to daily matches etc. then she had to travel on Sunday/Monday but it was good that she immediatly could play again, so she kept that ryhthm but tiredness came through then after that day off yesterday, that´s nothing unusual.
I mean, we all know that Julia can also lose to players like Niculescu when she isnt tired so that isn´t an excuse, no one denied that here anyway, so
Old Oct 18th, 2012, 07:51 PM   #130
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael! View Post
Love those who visit player threads of people who they actually dont even like.
Niculescu obviously is tricky but on a good day Julia would never lose to her and that´s pretty obvious but that´s another story.
Anyway, it´s quite knowns that a day off is not always good for u, Julia´s body was used to daily matches etc. then she had to travel on Sunday/Monday but it was good that she immediatly could play again, so she kept that ryhthm but tiredness came through then after that day off yesterday, that´s nothing unusual.
I mean, we all know that Julia can also lose to players like Niculescu when she isnt tired so that isn´t an excuse, no one denied that here anyway, so
I'm okay with Julia. She can play some wonderful tennis on her day when the conditions are right. Pretty girl also, and she a nice girl too. But it does disappoint me seeing how posters are unable to give credit to their opponent after a loss sometimes. I mean, she sure seemed to come into this match in great shape as far I as I could see... Nevermind, it's not a big deal. And Julia will no doubt have plenty of good matches next year for you to enjoy.
Old Oct 18th, 2012, 07:54 PM   #131
Everybody's a star!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoo View Post
Really now? You and what army? Yes, you are wrong.
Was I claiming to speak for an army? Wow!! I wasn't aware of that. I'm wrong? She's not fit? Okay. My mistake.
Old Oct 18th, 2012, 08:00 PM   #132
country flag Michael!
indescribable

Quote:
I'm okay with Julia. She can play some wonderful tennis on her day when the conditions are right. Pretty girl also, and she a nice girl too. But it does disappoint me seeing how posters are unable to give credit to their opponent after a loss sometimes. I mean, she sure seemed to come into this match in great shape as far I as I could see... Nevermind, it's not a big deal. And Julia will no doubt have plenty of good matches next year for you to enjoy.
well, its well known that niculescu is tricky, her style is just special, not many winners obviously but ugly play, especially "ballbashers" like Safarova or on bad days also Julia have problem with it.
And of course, Niculescu is dangerous here in Lux, showed that last year here also, just tough to handle but for us Julia fans just disappoiting to see that Julia made so many mistakes today although she showed in the past that she is able handle Niculescu´s gamestyle much better.

But I guess that´s the way it is, we´ll see more good days of Julia in future but also more bad days while Niculescu is one of those players who usually play on a consistent level which is not as good as Julia´s best level but also not as bad as her Julia´s worst level, simple
Old Oct 18th, 2012, 08:05 PM   #133
country flag Skoo

Quote:
Was I claiming to speak for an army? Wow!! I wasn't aware of that. I'm wrong? She's not fit? Okay. My mistake.
OK, thank you for admitting it "You and what army" means that you are the only one who thinks that, although it is obvious you are not the only one. In fact, I belong to the minority here Thus, I won't give credit to Niculescu. I admit I am biased, I really dislike Niculescu's game. However, Julia beat a pretty similar player last week (Flipkens). It's not like Julia can't handle the pathetic players who want to slice you to death, it's just that she can lose against about anybody. I mean, showing up with a red face was an obviously bad sign for those of us who are obsessed with her and watch her closely
Old Oct 18th, 2012, 08:21 PM   #134
country flag joy division

joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future

Julia had a good run and was pretty successful the last few weeks. She in a good mood and probably didn`t feel how tired she really was.

In such a situation you are inspired and probably can notice the actual limits of your power only on the court in the moment of a competitive match.
However, today Julia didn`t play well from the beginning and also wasn`t able to fight back.
To me she was simply too tired which pretty much is comprehensive after her tough programm of the recent time.

Difficult question whether she should play as much in doubles or not.
She has a lot of fun with it and it also helps her to improve her net play. Practicing in competition is a worthy thing.
This season she often went out early in singles. So she had enough time and also earned some more money.
I think she actually should plan less doubles not before she is a Top Ten player.
joy division is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18th, 2012, 08:30 PM   #135
country flag mk27

mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, she should play less doubles especially in International tournaments.

Matches played in the last years

2010: 62 singles and 44 doubles match = 106 matches
2011: 63 singles and 40 doubles matches = 103 matches
2012: 63 singles and 50 doubles matches = 113 matches
mk27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote