Julia`s season`s end 2012 - Linz and Luxembourg and ? - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 13th, 2012, 10:23 PM   #76
country flag CillyUltra

CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Julia`s season`s end 2012 - Linz and Luxembourg and ?

Quote:
The No.5-seeded Goerges had a much tougher day at the office, dropping the first set to Kirsten Flipkens in 28 minutes, but she adjusted her game and eventually battled past the Belgian qualifier in three sets, 16 62 63.

"I can only be proud of my performance today," Goerges said. "Not the first set - she wasn't making any mistakes and I was rushing too much - but in the second set I got back into the match and wasn't giving her any free points.

"I made it tough for her and it finally worked out."

Azarenka leads Goerges in their head-to-head, 3-1, and in the only loss, she had to retire from the match due to injury after winning the first set.

"Julia is a very unpredictable player," Azarenka said. "She goes for her shots a lot and sometimes what she does doesn't depend on you at all. I've played her a few times and it's never easy. It's definitely going to be a tough battle.

"Also, I really like Julia as a person. She's really fun and always very nice. We always talk when we're at tournaments and have a really good relationship. And she always says nice things to me and congratulates me on Twitter."

"First of all, I want to enjoy the final - it has been a long season and it's nice to see my game is still there and improving," Goerges said. "Also it's nice to be in another final here - I won my first WTA title in Austria - so hopefully I do well.

"You always want to play against the best players in the world so you can see what level you're at. I will try my best tomorrow and we'll see what happens."
http://www.wtatennis.com/news/201210...256076_2948084
Advertisement

Old Oct 13th, 2012, 11:22 PM   #77
country flag Michael!
indescribable

Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute

Julia´s draw in LUX is great as well!
First round against Soler, she should win that this time, she should have won last time already, then Niculescu or Oprandi...even all chances for another final but sure, Julia will be tired for sure etc. but her draw is still really good, so I hope that she will play and can take advantage of it
Michael! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14th, 2012, 06:03 AM   #78
country flag joy division

joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future

According to AT news she is planning a Laser OP on her eyes in the next few weeks.

Quote:
"Ich hoffe, ich bin dann nicht mehr so ein Maulwurf", scherzte sie.
"I hope, I`ll be no more such a mole afterwards", she was joking.

Last edited by joy division : Oct 14th, 2012 at 06:13 AM.
joy division is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14th, 2012, 06:27 AM   #79
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

Really? Hopefully the result is good. I thought with her level of shortsightedness it was difficult to have the operation but I guess they improved that operation.
HowardH is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14th, 2012, 06:43 AM   #80

joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future

It`s here towards the end of the article.

http://www.nachrichten.at/sport/mehr.../art109,987010
Old Oct 14th, 2012, 08:26 AM   #81
country flag Kon.

Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute

What a great tournament for her!
A final and much more importantly some great performances.
It's been a pleasure to watch her matches in Linz and also seeing her positive attitude and fight.
Good luck in the final!
Kon. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14th, 2012, 01:44 PM   #82

After she finally lost her respect in the second set to Vika she played some great tennis and fought back in style.
Interestingly her game let her down at the point when she actually was in the match again at 4-5 and she pretty poorly gave away the last service game with 3 easy faults. This is the mental point where she still has to work on.
You can`t afford such moments in Top tennis and even less against Azarenka.
Otherwise really a great tournament overall for Julia.
Good luck to her at Luxembourg.
Old Oct 14th, 2012, 01:44 PM   #83
country flag SidTheKid

SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future

Great fight from Julia

and few others

#20 #8 #1 #3
SidTheKid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14th, 2012, 01:57 PM   #84
country flag Dispeker

Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of

Not so long ago I wanted her to get a mental coach. Seems like she doesn't need one anymore. Yes, she still got her ups and downs during matches, but at some point she picks herself up again and starts to fight back. I didn't see that before from her. If she keeps this attitude up, then we can definitely expect her to achieve something big next year.

Just to add: What makes me happy is that she showed her true potential at this tournament. Her level of play here was top 10 worthy. She really keeps on improving, step by step, just like she has always said she would. Maybe we should put more faith in her words.

Last edited by Dispeker : Oct 14th, 2012 at 02:11 PM.
Dispeker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14th, 2012, 02:02 PM   #85
country flag Michael!
indescribable

Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute

Those easy faults for Julia here and there are normal but that is a problem of many girls, just look at Sharapova, she plays horrible often as well.
Thing is that u have to try somehow to avoid such cheap errors in the most important situations and that´s what Julia was able to do most of the time in her previous matches.
But different story when u play the world no1 in a final and already won 4 games in a row before (saved MPs etc.)

Happy to see that Julia didn´t give up here, fought till the end and played some amazing tennis here and there, definitely is on a good way if she keeps playing like that.
A shame that her serve is not effective at all against Azarenka but not the only one who has problems to hold against Azarenka. In general u have to say that Julia´s return also isnt her best shot but she did really well in the end where he punished Azarenka´s serve that´s how u have to play it.

Now don´t withdraw from Lux
Michael! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14th, 2012, 02:09 PM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dispeker View Post
Not so long ago I wanted her to get a mental coach. Seems like she doesn't need one anymore. Yes, she still got her ups and downs during matches, but at some point she picks herself up again and starts to fight back. I didn't see that before from her. If she keeps this attitude up, then we can definitely expect her to achieve something big next year.

What makes me optimistic that was visibly annoyed when she walked to the net.
She knew that she was never so close to Vika before and then she gave it easily away in the end.
The passion she shows right now is a good sign. The performances of the last 2 tournament surely will give her a lot of confidence.
Old Oct 14th, 2012, 02:10 PM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael! View Post

Now don´t withdraw from Lux
Why should she ?
Old Oct 14th, 2012, 02:21 PM   #88
country flag Skoo

Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dispeker View Post
It's definitely not the first time. I don't remember any major comeback at Stuttgart 2011, but there was at least one at Madrid (against Woz, so you might argue that it doesn't count ), there was AO this year, Dubai, OG (final set against Aga) etc. Perhaps she showed her best tennis here and she exaggerated (in a positive way) with the volleys, but I think that's not entirely new either (for istance, she came to the net 21 times against Dani and 22 times against Woz in the Stuttgart final). Perhaps what's new is the fact that she came a lot to the net in every match and that she has more control of the BH volley (while compromising aesthetics ). Oh, and they seem more aggressive now and she comes very close to the net. Also, what JD said

Now it's interesting to see if there really is something new or just a random good week. I still think it depends mostly on her physical conditioning, not on her "mental toughness", but that's probably just me

Last edited by Skoo : Oct 14th, 2012 at 02:30 PM.
Skoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14th, 2012, 02:29 PM   #89
country flag Banditoo

Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute

I like that Julia. She was playing good and she was fighting. It was little disappointing in the end bu she showed that she has the game to be top 10 player again.

I don't expect a lot by her at Lux. Although, if she plays like this, only Venus could stop her. It would be nice to see her in Sofia!
I think everyone in sport can be inspired by what Venus has done and how she's come back and winning championships and just doing so well. So I have been utterly completely inspired by that. I just have no words for it. There is no greater champion in my eyes.
Banditoo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14th, 2012, 02:49 PM   #90
country flag Dispeker

Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoo View Post
It's definitely not the first time. I don't remember any major comeback at Stuttgart 2011, but there was at least one at Madrid (against Woz, so you might argue that it doesn't count ), there was AO this year, Dubai, OG (final set against Aga) etc. Perhaps she showed her best tennis here and she exaggerated (in a positive way) with they volleys, but I think that's not entirely new either (for istance, she came to the net 21 times against Dani and 22 times against Woz in the Stuttgart final). Perhaps what's new is the fact that she came a lot to the net in every match and that she has more control of the BH volley (while compromising aesthetics ).

Now it's interesting to see if there really is something new or just a random good week. I still think it depends mostly on her physical conditioning, not on her "mental toughness", but that's probably just me
True, what I meant was that - actually since Tokio - she's showing this attitude in every single match. This is quite something new.

Ok, when I think of it - you got a point with Dubai. Just checked what actually happened afterwards, she started with 2 wins in Indian Wells before she lost to Vika and Kim (Miami). After that the clay season started and her mental toughness was gone..

So, yeah, it really will be interesting to see whether she can show this kind of performances on a regular basis next year. But somehow, I got a pretty good feeling about it. She finally learned

Last edited by Dispeker : Oct 14th, 2012 at 02:54 PM.
Dispeker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote