Today's performance by Maria was the best performance of the year - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 5th, 2012, 07:34 PM   #61
country flag doujyr

doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of
Re: Today's performance by Maria was the best performance of the year

what a pathetic place this forum can be. wtf are all the serena postings and bickerings on this thread about?
doujyr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 5th, 2012, 07:34 PM   #62
country flag doujyr

doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long and Hard View Post
Maria beating Victoria in Stuttgart was much better quality than this.

this
doujyr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 07:51 PM   #63
country flag denny5576

denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long and Hard View Post
Maria beating Victoria in Stuttgart was much better quality than this.
Not true.
Simply check the stats carefully and you'll understand...
denny5576 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 08:25 PM   #64
country flag FredPerry

FredPerry is just really nice FredPerry is just really nice FredPerry is just really nice FredPerry is just really nice FredPerry is just really nice FredPerry is just really nice FredPerry is just really nice FredPerry is just really nice FredPerry is just really nice FredPerry is just really nice FredPerry is just really nice

It had a lot to do with her forehand which, I'll give it to her, hadn't looked as good as this on a hardcourt in a looooong time. But some of her claycourt matches like the Stuttgart final and the Roland Garros semi, as well as that match against Pironkova at Wimbledon, impressed me more than this. It was too one-sided.
FredPerry is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 08:27 PM   #65
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute

Serena was much better in most Charleston and US Open matches

R.I.P. Bally
Sammo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 08:33 PM   #66
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by denny5576 View Post
Not true.
Considering the fact that Maria was facing the 1# in the world in that match I stand by my words.
Mr.Sharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 08:36 PM   #67
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Not true.
Maria's W-UE stats were much better in Stuttgart final than today

Though admittedly, Kerber's stats today were better than Vika's in Stuttgart.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 08:49 PM   #68
bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
....don't hold a candle to either Maria's performances today or in the Stuttgart final, seeing as Serena hit barely 10 winners off the ground in either her SF or F at the Olympics (Vika and Maria had much higher UE counts in those Olympics matches than Kerber did today, mind you.)

Serena's best performance of the year remains her match against Stosur in Charleston, by a long way.
You just don't get it...at the olympics there WASN'T a match. Serena was hitting aces, hitting return winners and the odd time there was a rally, she either hit a winner or made Masha hit a forced error.

There was NO way to go for Masha at the Olympics...that's just scary.

And yeah Serena at Charleston was even better.
Serena Williams: Greatest African-American tennisplayer in history
18 majors:5256

Official Prince of the Royal Court
bandabou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 09:01 PM   #69
country flag ExXotikal

ExXotikal has a reputation beyond repute ExXotikal has a reputation beyond repute ExXotikal has a reputation beyond repute ExXotikal has a reputation beyond repute ExXotikal has a reputation beyond repute ExXotikal has a reputation beyond repute ExXotikal has a reputation beyond repute ExXotikal has a reputation beyond repute ExXotikal has a reputation beyond repute ExXotikal has a reputation beyond repute ExXotikal has a reputation beyond repute

No on all accounts.

I didn't see this match but to me Maria's never played better than against Kvitova in RG. It was an amazing display considering the wind, the opponent and the venue.
ExXotikal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 09:02 PM   #70
country flag Craig.
MA5HA

Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Not true.
29-15 in Stuttgart. 8 aces.

19-10 in Beijing. 2 aces.

Next.

Les reines de Paris.
Craig. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 09:09 PM   #71
country flag blongislong

blongislong is a splendid one to behold blongislong is a splendid one to behold blongislong is a splendid one to behold blongislong is a splendid one to behold blongislong is a splendid one to behold blongislong is a splendid one to behold blongislong is a splendid one to behold blongislong is a splendid one to behold blongislong is a splendid one to behold blongislong is a splendid one to behold blongislong is a splendid one to behold

With all due respect to Angie, she isn't the player Masha or Vika is. Serena's whole olympic performance made me rack my brain to think of a better performance ever. Maybe mid 80's Martina, late 80's Steffi, or early 90's Monica. Maybe. She thoroughly dominated the second and third best players in the world. I don't care what the stats or anyone else says, Serena at London 2012 put on one of the great performances of all time let alone this year. To say otherwise is disrespectful to Vika, Maria and Serena. By the way I'm not a fan these ladies in particular. I just love tennis.
blongislong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 09:12 PM   #72
country flag blongislong

blongislong is a splendid one to behold blongislong is a splendid one to behold blongislong is a splendid one to behold blongislong is a splendid one to behold blongislong is a splendid one to behold blongislong is a splendid one to behold blongislong is a splendid one to behold blongislong is a splendid one to behold blongislong is a splendid one to behold blongislong is a splendid one to behold blongislong is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by doujyr View Post
what a pathetic place this forum can be. wtf are all the serena postings and bickerings on this thread about?
Well the thread starter made a comparison. It is only natural for people to repond in kind.
blongislong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 09:29 PM   #73
country flag ziros

ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredPerry View Post
Still believe Serena's play at the Olympics final surpasses that easily. Untouchable doesn't begin to describe it.
Only in serving,that's where Serena's dominance over the field on grass begins and ends
ziros is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 09:34 PM   #74
country flag Rui.

Rui. has a reputation beyond repute Rui. has a reputation beyond repute Rui. has a reputation beyond repute Rui. has a reputation beyond repute Rui. has a reputation beyond repute Rui. has a reputation beyond repute Rui. has a reputation beyond repute Rui. has a reputation beyond repute Rui. has a reputation beyond repute Rui. has a reputation beyond repute Rui. has a reputation beyond repute

As if we all don't know that a year for tennis commentators means the last 2 matches they watched.

Psycho Killer
Qu'est-ce que c'est
fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa far better
Run run run run run run run away
Rui. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 09:35 PM   #75
country flag Craig.
MA5HA

Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziros View Post
Only in serving,that's where Serena's dominance over the field on grass begins and ends
Omg shut the fuck up.

Les reines de Paris.
Craig. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote