Beijing QF [2] Maria Sharapova d. Angelique Kerber 6-0 3-0 ret. - Page 10 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 5th, 2012, 10:50 AM   #136
country flag Povin
postcyber

Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future
Re: Beijing QF [2] Maria Sharapova d. Angelique Kerber 6-0 3-0 ret.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt.Timmykinz View Post
I love that the fact Maria will probably retire without a Miami title will overshadow all her slams in the eyes of the Pova fans. You guys want that title more than you wanted RG, and for Maria to be beaten by her nemisis in the final is the icing on the cake!

Even if Aga loses today, she's still got Miami...maybe she'll let Maria hold it just so she knows how it feels to have it in her hands.
Povin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 5th, 2012, 10:53 AM   #137
country flag CSN-4TW

CSN-4TW is a splendid one to behold CSN-4TW is a splendid one to behold CSN-4TW is a splendid one to behold CSN-4TW is a splendid one to behold CSN-4TW is a splendid one to behold CSN-4TW is a splendid one to behold CSN-4TW is a splendid one to behold CSN-4TW is a splendid one to behold CSN-4TW is a splendid one to behold CSN-4TW is a splendid one to behold CSN-4TW is a splendid one to behold

Thats the reason why i dont like Kerber!
But Petkovic is worse -.-

Carlita

FOLLOW Carlita on Twitter

CSN-4TW is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 10:56 AM   #138
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSN-4TW View Post
Thats the reason why i dont like Kerber!
But Petkovic is worse -.-
but andy's coming back from injury
plus i'd rather be beaten losing 6 games to my BFF, Empress than be so embarrassed to lose a double bagel to Masha
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 11:12 AM   #139
Setsuna.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute

Angie.
I love how Mona Barthel is playing. She's amazing with so much talent. She is so smooth she hits the ball likes she's going through butter. I always love to watch her when she's on fire. She has one of the fastest backhands down the line I've seen in my life. She came up when I was injured, and I don't know her as well but we practiced here together.
Setsuna. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 11:25 AM   #140
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
"I actually didn't see much of her injury," Sharapova said. "I was surprised she called the trainer and even more so when she retired quickly after that. I thought we played a high level of tennis the first set and a half, and even though the scoreline was 6-0, 3-0, there were many games that went to deuce."
Martha

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

32 WTA titles , including 12 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 11:26 AM   #141
country flag Asta

Asta is just really nice Asta is just really nice Asta is just really nice Asta is just really nice Asta is just really nice Asta is just really nice Asta is just really nice Asta is just really nice Asta is just really nice Asta is just really nice Asta is just really nice

Angelique
Asta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 11:28 AM   #142
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaMasha View Post
Martha
blonde moment (but secretly true)
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 11:31 AM   #143
country flag denny5576

denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerriy View Post
Bullshit.

There's no video of Masha twisting anything at the YEC. She quit after fully playing and losing two matches. She ran away cuz she basically wanted to avoid an inevitable humiliation by Azarenka.

However having said that, I do not fully equate that quitting with today's quitting (because one is pre-match the other mid-match).
Maria's injury was so bad that she even was not able to properly prepare for AO, which is several months later.
So do not say stupidities when you are not aware of the reality
denny5576 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 12:06 PM   #144
country flag Mistress of Evil
mean-spirited, vicious bitch witch

Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

Kerbitch couldn't take a couple of bagels thrown her way - embarrassing! Martha was robbed of her 5th 6-0 6-0.
Mistress of Evil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 12:12 PM   #145
country flag dencod16

dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute

With Sharapova comment of her withdrawing from the YEC after losing two matches, if she wouldn't be inspired to play why not just withdraw. And if she faced Azarenka who wasn't giving anything in her match against Bartoli that will be a horrible match to watch. Azarenka was a lot worse who wasn't even practicing or trying maybe some shots against Bartoli but she just didn't want to play at all. for what they did Kerber>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Azarenka>>>>>>Sharapova
dencod16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 12:27 PM   #146
country flag JamieOwen3

JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute

IMO Maria basically played the YEC because she hadn't qualified for the championships since 2007, had she won a match and lost one I don't think she would have pulled out. When she lost the 2nd match she couldn't qualify for the SF so why play when she had nothing to gain and the smarter choice was to pullout and just rest the ankle. She obviously wasn't ready to compete and withdrawing from Brisbane and playing no warm-ups before the Australian Open showed she needed the extra time.
Maria Sharapova Venus & Serena Martina Hingis Anna Kournikova Monica Seles Ana Ivanovic Victoria Azarenka Jelena Dokic Laura Robson Eugenie Bouchard Heather Watson Marion Bartoli Petra Kvitova Donna Vekic

Official Siberian Death Stare Of The Maria Mafia
Andy Murray 2013 Wimbledon Champion. @TheGrandSlams
JamieOwen3 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 12:30 PM   #147
country flag Belmont Lad

Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Masha showing some form
Belmont Lad is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 12:39 PM   #148
country flag GrandMartha

GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute

@ people taking that Sgt.Timmy seriously
It's a miracle that it's still around.
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 01:00 PM   #149
country flag serendipitynow

serendipitynow is a glorious beacon of light serendipitynow is a glorious beacon of light serendipitynow is a glorious beacon of light serendipitynow is a glorious beacon of light serendipitynow is a glorious beacon of light serendipitynow is a glorious beacon of light serendipitynow is a glorious beacon of light serendipitynow is a glorious beacon of light serendipitynow is a glorious beacon of light serendipitynow is a glorious beacon of light serendipitynow is a glorious beacon of light

if Kerber only stayed longer, Maria could have gifted her a game..

Maria into the SF..
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 01:13 PM   #150
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

This on the face of it did look pretty bad. There was no apparent issues with Kerber that anyone could see. Yet she seemed to be pretty desperate to just retire given she didn't even take treatment or anything. Has it even come out what the injury was? I suppose the defence from the Kerber camp would be she is playing her first YEC in 2 weeks, she didn't want to risk making the injury worse by playing on in a lost cause. But that seems pretty flimsy when there didn't appear to be any injury.
ozza is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote