'You Know' - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 5th, 2012, 06:17 AM   #16
country flag Bronx19

Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of
Re: 'You Know'

Yeah no, you know, like.
Bronx19 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 5th, 2012, 06:24 AM   #17
country flag koyak
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

koyak has a brilliant future koyak has a brilliant future koyak has a brilliant future koyak has a brilliant future koyak has a brilliant future koyak has a brilliant future koyak has a brilliant future koyak has a brilliant future koyak has a brilliant future koyak has a brilliant future koyak has a brilliant future

koyak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 06:43 AM   #18
country flag Kat_YYZ

Kat_YYZ has much to be proud of Kat_YYZ has much to be proud of Kat_YYZ has much to be proud of Kat_YYZ has much to be proud of Kat_YYZ has much to be proud of Kat_YYZ has much to be proud of Kat_YYZ has much to be proud of Kat_YYZ has much to be proud of Kat_YYZ has much to be proud of Kat_YYZ has much to be proud of Kat_YYZ has much to be proud of

it's not a 'tennis-player' thing; you can see it in interviews of hockey players, baseball, etc.
Kat_YYZ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 08:22 AM   #19
pav

pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute

Blocker Roach held the record for quite a while for the number of "Mate"s he came out with in an interview after a league match.
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 08:58 AM   #20
country flag Sgt.Timmykinz

Sgt.Timmykinz has a reputation beyond repute Sgt.Timmykinz has a reputation beyond repute Sgt.Timmykinz has a reputation beyond repute Sgt.Timmykinz has a reputation beyond repute Sgt.Timmykinz has a reputation beyond repute Sgt.Timmykinz has a reputation beyond repute Sgt.Timmykinz has a reputation beyond repute Sgt.Timmykinz has a reputation beyond repute Sgt.Timmykinz has a reputation beyond repute Sgt.Timmykinz has a reputation beyond repute Sgt.Timmykinz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieOwen3 View Post
You know I don't really get annoyed or bothered by it you know?
Oh lordy...I should have badrepped for this post not the one I actually did badrep you for.
Sgt.Timmykinz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 02:54 PM   #21
country flag LoveFifteen
Gone with the Wind fabulous!

LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, this a tennis player thing. Definitely. No other type of human annoyingly overuses place-fillers.
LoveFifteen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 04:21 PM   #22
country flag treufreund

treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute

Funny topic because I was sitting on a bus recently and was subjected to a 15 to 20 minute long conversation between two Texan 20-something young ladies speaking to each other ridiculously loud and enthusiastic. Literally every 5th word was "like". I could not stop hearing them because as is typical of us Americans they were sitting RIGHT NEXT EACH OTHER and yet still talking pretty loud about themselves non-stop and their grandiose plans to rule the business world and to intern and yadda yadda yadda. At some point I totally stopped hearing the content of the conversation and found myself tracking the non-stop use of "like". Of course, they also had that annoying valley girl type of accent despite being Texans. It was so freaking annoying but also SLIGHTLY funny!
treufreund is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 04:28 PM   #23
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by treufreund View Post
Funny topic because I was sitting on a bus recently and was subjected to a 15 to 20 minute long conversation between two Texan 20-something young ladies speaking to each other ridiculously loud and enthusiastic. Literally every 5th word was "like". I could not stop hearing them because as is typical of us Americans they were sitting RIGHT NEXT EACH OTHER and yet still talking pretty loud about themselves non-stop and their grandiose plans to rule the business world and to intern and yadda yadda yadda. At some point I totally stopped hearing the content of the conversation and found myself tracking the non-stop use of "like". Of course, they also had that annoying valley girl type of accent despite being Texans. It was so freaking annoying but also SLIGHTLY funny!
another slightly overused word
ShiftyFella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 04:34 PM   #24
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, it's just a placeholder while a person collects his/her thoughts and lot's of people besides tennis players do it. It's actually something they teach you NOT to do if you take a course of public speaking or get drilled in mock trial or doing major presentations.

Most athletes, of course, don't have time--even if they have some basic training in interacting with the press--to really hone their public speaking skills and they're talking off the cuff, so it's hard for them to not use filler in response to interviews.

Also, a lot of the women who learn English are picking at least part of their knowledge up from a bunch of women who barely have a high school education and who's erudition and grammar is not always the best. (I'm not saying this to be mean--I'm saying that devoting your entire life to achieving excellence in one area means you haven't spent as much time developing other areas). So they develop some bad habits.

Frankly, I think it's a lot more sad when a pro football or basketball player (with an alleged college education) mangles the crap out of simple English sentence than it is when a tennis player drops in a few "you knows." (I've also noticed that players like Blake and Todd Martin, who went to university, are somewhat more wellspoken than players who didn't).
"I read on the internet that there is something chipmunky about me :-)"--Andrea H.

Elena Viatcheslavovna Dementieva--Eternal Goddess of the Divine Bangs
miffedmax is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 04:50 PM   #25
country flag gulzhan

gulzhan has a brilliant future gulzhan has a brilliant future gulzhan has a brilliant future gulzhan has a brilliant future gulzhan has a brilliant future gulzhan has a brilliant future gulzhan has a brilliant future gulzhan has a brilliant future gulzhan has a brilliant future gulzhan has a brilliant future gulzhan has a brilliant future

Public speaking is not easy and requires special training, regardless in native language or not. Professional tennis players have enough to work on to even care how they speak. I am perfectly fine with them using some words too often. However, when I hear teenagers talk like that between themselves, without any stress of being taped or broadcast, THAT annoys me!
gulzhan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 05:23 PM   #26
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hindrance. View Post
Doesn't Wozniacki go 'I mean..' a lot?

'I mean I'm not even puffed anymore'
I mean uhhhh I'm not invisible
Djezonfly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote