Safina: Serena must play full year to be real No. 1 - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Oct 4th, 2012, 11:34 PM   #46
country flag Smitten

Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Safina: Serena must play full year to be real No. 1

Okay, I am here. Let's get started.

Advertisement

Old Oct 4th, 2012, 11:37 PM   #47
country flag Smitten

Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute

First of all, the circumstances are completely different.

During the stint when those local acts were #1, Serena was hitting back and saying comments as well as the media. No one has questioned Azarenka's legitimacy as #1 and Serena, to my knowledge, hasn't tried to undermine that either.

Of course, Serena herself feels like she is the best player in the world, which she is. I don't think she's that bothered by #1, and she definitely knows what it takes to get there.

Why is Safina even running her fat mouth? She needs to find a hobby and put her moaning grunt to good use.

Old Oct 4th, 2012, 11:40 PM   #48
country flag Nicolás89

Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matías. View Post
Seriously some SW fans....it's like they're mad all the time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitten View Post
Why is Safina even running her fat mouth? She needs to find a hobby and put her moaning grunt to good use.
Yep, all the time. And they're not even creative.
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 11:42 PM   #49
country flag Smitten

But can you answer the question? Especially when there has not been any tension between Serena/Azarenka/and the #1 ranking.

Seems like she is projecting her own frustration from her stint as #1 and trying to get noticed. No one cares about her.

Old Oct 4th, 2012, 11:44 PM   #50
Pureracket

Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayato View Post
Or are you saying she's not number one because she's not really the best player?
Do you think she's the best player?

OFFICIAL BLACKSMITH OF THE ROYAL COURT

I don't mind straight people as long as they act gay in public!
Pureracket is online now View My Blog!  
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 11:46 PM   #51
country flag brickhousesupporter

brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yep, all the time. And they're not even creative.
When you disrespect the Honorable Serena Muhammad we go from zero to fatwa in no time flat.
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 11:50 PM   #52
country flag Jane Lane

Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute

this thread.
Jane Lane is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 11:55 PM   #53
country flag young_gunner913
Praise thy name.

young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute

Next they're going to ask Dementieva on what it takes to be a real slam champion.
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 12:02 AM   #54
country flag Nicolás89

Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitten View Post
But can you answer the question? Especially when there has not been any tension between Serena/Azarenka/and the #1 ranking.

Seems like she is projecting her own frustration from her stint as #1 and trying to get noticed. No one cares about her.

I may be speculating too much here but maybe she was asked a question? And the tension was unilateral from Serena's part, mostly because she was bothered at the time for a) not being scheduled on CC at Wimbledon and b) the ranking system, so bothered that she decided to take the low road and started to mock Safina without any provocation much like some SW fans are acting now over some innoffensive quote. Like fav like fan!?
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 12:10 AM   #55
country flag kiwifan

kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the career advice. Serena could use a little of that wisdom.

Serena isn't complaining about not being number one (see the video tape) so Safina (who I used to have sympathy for) needs to shut the hell up and grab a racket to save her fading legacy.

Serena needs to do Serena; the rest of the tour need to do themselves and we all know who's smiling at the end.

Most of Serena's peers (former and current players) hope to have a chapter in the tennis history book; Serena knows she'll be one of the ladies on the cover.

I was there when the ALL BLACKS won the World Cup in 2011!!!

"I don't know that I changed all that much. They just found somebody worse." - Aging tennis bad boy Jimmy Connors, referring to John McEnroe, in 1984.

There can never be too many "Sister Slams!"
kiwifan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 12:14 AM   #56
country flag JanNYC

JanNYC has a brilliant future JanNYC has a brilliant future JanNYC has a brilliant future JanNYC has a brilliant future JanNYC has a brilliant future JanNYC has a brilliant future JanNYC has a brilliant future JanNYC has a brilliant future JanNYC has a brilliant future JanNYC has a brilliant future JanNYC has a brilliant future

but who has questioned Vika's #1 ranking??? I haven't heard Serena or the media say that Victoria shouldn't be #1...i'm failing to see where these comments even stemmed from and why they were made...no one views Vika's stint at #1 and Dinara's stint at #1 in the same light
JanNYC is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 12:15 AM   #57
country flag Nabalonge

Nabalonge has a reputation beyond repute Nabalonge has a reputation beyond repute Nabalonge has a reputation beyond repute Nabalonge has a reputation beyond repute Nabalonge has a reputation beyond repute Nabalonge has a reputation beyond repute Nabalonge has a reputation beyond repute Nabalonge has a reputation beyond repute Nabalonge has a reputation beyond repute Nabalonge has a reputation beyond repute Nabalonge has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I may be speculating too much here but maybe she was asked a question? And the tension was unilateral from Serena's part, mostly because she was bothered at the time for a) not being scheduled on CC at Wimbledon and b) the ranking system, so bothered that she decided to take the low road and started to mock Safina without any provocation much like some SW fans are acting now over some innoffensive quote. Like fav like fan!?
As Dinara was asked a question, Serena was asked a question and both answered. You are seemingly taking an equally low road having a go at some fans. You can't expect some fans to rise above things while you find yourself comfortable in the act of throwing mud.

Nabalonge is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 12:20 AM   #58
country flag Nicolás89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iguehi View Post
As Dinara was asked a question, Serena was asked a question and both answered. You are seemingly taking an equally low road having a go at some fans. You can't expect some fans to rise above things while you find yourself comfortable in the act of throwing mud.
Not at all, she chose to mock and throw shade like some highschool girl, not the same. And I'm trying to not put all fans in the same bag, that's why I was referring to some fans.
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 12:23 AM   #59
country flag MrProdigy555
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute

This broken heffa needs to have a seat in her personalized wheelchair. This is not even an issue. The fact that Serena performed so poorly in 2/4 of the Grand Slams this year and was still in striking distance of the number 1 spot says it all.

Oh and to the poster who said Safina was the best slamless number 1. ! ! !

Jankovic > Safina. Bye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProdigy555 View Post
Don't make me come to T&T to huff and puff and blow your hut down, girl.
Fuck y'all
MrProdigy555 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 12:24 AM   #60
country flag Smitten

Like we don't have a right to defend our fave. Of course if Safina says something about Sarin, then her stans are going to come.

She's saying nothing we don't already know and nothing that was necessary. Serena ALREADY said herself during the USO that "maybe if she didn't lose R1 of RG she would be #1."

So what is there to discuss? Let's just keep it cute and move along.