You guys misunderstood Nas comment. Read from a Chinese Communist Culture way. - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 28th, 2014, 06:55 AM   #1
country flag cherseles

cherseles is a splendid one to behold cherseles is a splendid one to behold cherseles is a splendid one to behold cherseles is a splendid one to behold cherseles is a splendid one to behold cherseles is a splendid one to behold cherseles is a splendid one to behold cherseles is a splendid one to behold cherseles is a splendid one to behold cherseles is a splendid one to behold cherseles is a splendid one to behold
You guys misunderstood Nas comment. Read from a Chinese Communist Culture way.

I think you guys misunderstood Li Na's comment on "I would have lost agaist any opponent tody". If you know a little Chinese culture,especially Chinese Communist Cultue, you may understand she was trying to blame and criticize herself because she played so bad that any oppoent can beat her that moment.

If you have read Li Na's autobiography you may find she said that she has nerve been praised by her coach when she was a teenager. Holding a stick at hand on the court, her first coach, Yu Liqiao, intended to hit anyone who tried to be a pusher while they were training. I was almost the same generation as Li Na. I understand how most of our generation has a self-contemptuous internality cause we were seldom praised by our teachers when we were in school.

I think Li Na is a sensitive person and I believe she didn't mean to be rude on purpose. She was just pissed on herself and forgot to give credit to Mladenovic. In China she is so special and so independent to most of the others. You won't know everytime many people in China are waiting for her lose before the computer and use the worst words abuse her only because she is so excellent. I feel sad she is also misunderstood here.

By the way most of the Chinese college students think her English in the interview that day was really really very bad!!!

Last edited by cherseles : May 28th, 2014 at 07:33 AM.
cherseles is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 28th, 2014, 07:02 AM   #2
country flag adrian_106

adrian_106 is a splendid one to behold adrian_106 is a splendid one to behold adrian_106 is a splendid one to behold adrian_106 is a splendid one to behold adrian_106 is a splendid one to behold adrian_106 is a splendid one to behold adrian_106 is a splendid one to behold adrian_106 is a splendid one to behold adrian_106 is a splendid one to behold adrian_106 is a splendid one to behold adrian_106 is a splendid one to behold
Re: You guys misunderstood Li Na. Read from a Chinese Communist Culture way.

in short, she deserves a break.

Petra Kvitova the COMEBACK GOAT
- 2011 Wimbledon, Year-end Championship, Fed Cup, 2014 Wimbledon -

How to win Wimbledon? Retire in Eastbourne
adrian_106 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2014, 07:14 AM   #3
country flag superstition

superstition has a reputation beyond repute superstition has a reputation beyond repute superstition has a reputation beyond repute superstition has a reputation beyond repute superstition has a reputation beyond repute superstition has a reputation beyond repute superstition has a reputation beyond repute superstition has a reputation beyond repute superstition has a reputation beyond repute superstition has a reputation beyond repute superstition has a reputation beyond repute

A major winner can say it was their fault that they lost the match. It's one of the benefits of winning one. That's my 2 cents on the subject.
superstition is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2014, 07:17 AM   #4
country flag Rest Maria!

Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think stating that she's so self-centered that she forgets to mention her opponent makes her looks much better than discrediting the opponent on purpose.
Rest Maria! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2014, 07:19 AM   #5

superstition has a reputation beyond repute superstition has a reputation beyond repute superstition has a reputation beyond repute superstition has a reputation beyond repute superstition has a reputation beyond repute superstition has a reputation beyond repute superstition has a reputation beyond repute superstition has a reputation beyond repute superstition has a reputation beyond repute superstition has a reputation beyond repute superstition has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rest Maria! View Post
I don't think stating that she's so self-centered that she forgets to mention her opponent makes her looks much better than discrediting the opponent on purpose.
Is she her opponent's spokesperson? Frankly, I think it's tacky to make a lot of generic fluff praise.

"X, she played so well. It made it really tough for me."

Gee, never heard that routine before.

Honestly, I don't even see the need for most post-match interviews.
Old May 28th, 2014, 07:20 AM   #6
country flag adrian_106

adrian_106 is a splendid one to behold adrian_106 is a splendid one to behold adrian_106 is a splendid one to behold adrian_106 is a splendid one to behold adrian_106 is a splendid one to behold adrian_106 is a splendid one to behold adrian_106 is a splendid one to behold adrian_106 is a splendid one to behold adrian_106 is a splendid one to behold adrian_106 is a splendid one to behold adrian_106 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I guess it's still better than people who credit their opponents in the public but on the other hand not talking to them anymore

Old May 28th, 2014, 07:23 AM   #7

Re: You guys misunderstood Nas comment. Read from a Chinese Communist Culture way.

Players who want to praise their opponents, or focus on something their opponent did particular well should do that. Players who want to focus on themselves should do that. People shouldn't be expected to be formulaic. If we want a formula then we should just have the WTA's lawyers and marketing people write and post press releases "from the point of view of the players" after each match.
Old May 28th, 2014, 07:27 AM   #8
country flag Rest Maria!

Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstition View Post
Is she her opponent's spokesperson? Frankly, I think it's tacky to make a lot of generic fluff praise.

True. Personally, I like Bepa's (where r u girl ) or Murray's interviews as they tend to give a lot of technical detail about what happened in the match from their perspective. Of course, most players wouldn't be eager to divulge information about what makes them uncomfortable in their opponent's play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian_106 View Post
I guess it's still better than people who credit their opponents in the public but on the other hand not talking to them anymore
I don't understand. Are Li and Mladenovic supposed to be friends in the first place?
Old May 28th, 2014, 07:39 AM   #9
country flag adrian_106

Quote:
True. Personally, I like Bepa's (where r u girl ) or Murray's interviews as they tend to give a lot of technical detail about what happened in the match from their perspective. Of course, most players wouldn't be eager to divulge information about what makes them uncomfortable in their opponent's play.

I don't understand. Are Li and Mladenovic supposed to be friends in the first place?
i think i misunderstand you. Just trying to say crediting your opponent doesn't make you a better player if that is not genuine

Old May 28th, 2014, 08:06 AM   #10
country flag Rest Maria!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian_106 View Post
i think i misunderstand you. Just trying to say crediting your opponent doesn't make you a better player if that is not genuine
Just commenting anything about the opponent - whether more in-depth or general - would certainly be welcome, definitely. There are always two players in a match and behaving as if the other person didn't exist doesn't help.

I remember matches where Li was spectacularly bad yet managed to win because the opponent was even worse - the match against Lisicki in Miami 2012 being the most infamous example. It's not like Mladenovic did nothing to get the win yesterday, stating that she would lose against anybody isn't true.
Old May 28th, 2014, 09:33 AM   #11
country flag quiet_mike

quiet_mike is a name known to all quiet_mike is a name known to all quiet_mike is a name known to all quiet_mike is a name known to all quiet_mike is a name known to all quiet_mike is a name known to all quiet_mike is a name known to all quiet_mike is a name known to all quiet_mike is a name known to all quiet_mike is a name known to all quiet_mike is a name known to all
Re: You guys misunderstood Nas comment. Read from a Chinese Communist Culture way.

The comment about the communist mentality is correct. They do ask to win every time and beat everyone for the country and communist party, so failure is not accepted as but your fault, and when you win they ask you why you didn't do a better job at it.
When Romanian football team Steaua took it's only Champions league trophy in 1986 Ceausescu asked why they needed extra time and penalty shots to take it, and why don't they take it every year. Similar stories are told by anyone that did something at an international level during the communist regimes.
quiet_mike is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2014, 09:46 AM   #12
country flag MichaelN

MichaelN has a brilliant future MichaelN has a brilliant future MichaelN has a brilliant future MichaelN has a brilliant future MichaelN has a brilliant future MichaelN has a brilliant future MichaelN has a brilliant future MichaelN has a brilliant future MichaelN has a brilliant future MichaelN has a brilliant future MichaelN has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstition View Post

It's happened before.

When Aga beat Vika at AO, Vika said that she didn't play too well but Aga played amazing and she deserved the win

New Favourite Maria Sharapova

Always with you Ana Ivanović
MichaelN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2014, 10:22 AM   #13
country flag Mario101

Mario101 has much to be proud of Mario101 has much to be proud of Mario101 has much to be proud of Mario101 has much to be proud of Mario101 has much to be proud of Mario101 has much to be proud of Mario101 has much to be proud of Mario101 has much to be proud of Mario101 has much to be proud of Mario101 has much to be proud of Mario101 has much to be proud of

I think when you are so much better than opponent, you can say these things. Li an is much better than Kiki. It's really that simple
Mario101 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2014, 11:30 AM   #14
country flag fouc

fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet_mike View Post
The comment about the communist mentality is correct. They do ask to win every time and beat everyone for the country and communist party, so failure is not accepted as but your fault, and when you win they ask you why you didn't do a better job at it.
When Romanian football team Steaua took it's only Champions league trophy in 1986 Ceausescu asked why they needed extra time and penalty shots to take it, and why don't they take it every year. Similar stories are told by anyone that did something at an international level during the communist regimes.
it kinda sounds like neo-liberal capitalism to be honest.
fouc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2014, 11:48 AM   #15
country flag quiet_mike

quiet_mike is a name known to all quiet_mike is a name known to all quiet_mike is a name known to all quiet_mike is a name known to all quiet_mike is a name known to all quiet_mike is a name known to all quiet_mike is a name known to all quiet_mike is a name known to all quiet_mike is a name known to all quiet_mike is a name known to all quiet_mike is a name known to all

Yeah, but at least in capitalism you are paid for it and can walk away anytime - I know people shot by comunists for asking to be paid or trying to walk away from them.
quiet_mike is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote