Petra Kvitova's YEC 2012 (1 match and a withdrawal) - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 19th, 2012, 09:11 PM   #91
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra Kvitova's YEC 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by steni View Post
So Petra is gonna end the year out of the top 5? Well this is pathetic!
Only if she performs badly or equally to Kirby at YEC, otherwise she is back to Top5, saddest part even with another YEC win Petra couldn't pass Aga for Top4 spot for better draw at AO i.e she probably end up getting played against Masha or Rena in QF or even sooner
ShiftyFella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 19th, 2012, 11:39 PM   #92
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmara View Post
Kotyza (after 12 days training) : „ At the end she was a little bit dead, she was fed up . She will have a different training mode in Istanbul … She looked good , but it will be very different situation during matches. All girls have high quality. What Petra could do , she did.“

http://sport.idnes.cz/kvitova-odlete...12015_tenis_ma
Thanks to you and ShiftyFella for the input;however,Petra couldn't meet a Top 4 player PRIOR TO the QFs unless she dropped out of the Top 8. IMO,facing a tough opponent in the QFs is nothing to whine about;ideally,the women's ranks SHOULD be that tough if the sport seeks to be healthy and competitive.As much credit as Serena deserves,it's not good if she doesn't even get slightly pushed by the other high-ranked players(though,to be fair,she avoids slow red clay as much as possible to keep from looking so mortal),and there'll be more fan interest if there's at least some level of suspense....though we don't always enjoy Petra's version of suspense that results from uneven play

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Soccer=the RCC and Islam in terms of brainwashed,mindless fanatics who'll kill and maim for their stupid religion
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19th, 2012, 11:49 PM   #93
country flag pling

pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Thanks to you and ShiftyFella for the input;however,Petra couldn't meet a Top 4 player PRIOR TO the QFs unless she dropped out of the Top 8. IMO,facing a tough opponent in the QFs is nothing to whine about;ideally,the women's ranks SHOULD be that tough if the sport seeks to be healthy and competitive.As much credit as Serena deserves,it's not good if she doesn't even get slightly pushed by the other high-ranked players(though,to be fair,she avoids slow red clay as much as possible to keep from looking so mortal),and there'll be more fan interest if there's at least some level of suspense....though we don't always enjoy Petra's version of suspense that results from uneven play
And Petra has got most of her big tournament wins (up to & including Wimbledon from a lower rank anyway.

Once she made top 4 the results went off, and when she dropped out of the top 4 again she won Montreal & New Haven

When she's playing well it doesn't matter what her rank is.
pling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 2012, 06:44 AM   #94
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
My premises was more about if she has chance to achieve better result without braking a sweat, why not try to do it? look at Pova, she's always around the top not because she is great talented player like Rena or grinder of tournaments points whenever is possible like Aga, she's just done what she needs to do and steps up where need it, no more no less, basically she tries not to overlay herself and capitalizes on favorable draw. Of course Petra could beat Pova in QF, Vika in SF and Rena in the final if she is fully on and this would be confirmation of her magnificence but why try to make hard on yourself?

also, if Petra could be more careful with her health results in Beijing would be totally different, heck even in this season if she wouldn't got ill before it. ES commentators laughing at Vika with her catsuit outfits and withdrawals form some tournaments but Vika is smart because she avoids 0 pointers, better looks for her health and creates more balanced schedule, why Petra can't do similar stuff but without turning into part-time GOAT like Rena?
Old Oct 20th, 2012, 01:31 PM   #95
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyFella View Post
My premises was more about if she has chance to achieve better result without braking a sweat, why not try to do it? look at Pova, she's always around the top not because she is great talented player like Rena or grinder of tournaments points whenever is possible like Aga, she's just done what she needs to do and steps up where need it, no more no less, basically she tries not to overlay herself and capitalizes on favorable draw. Of course Petra could beat Pova in QF, Vika in SF and Rena in the final if she is fully on and this would be confirmation of her magnificence but why try to make hard on yourself?

also, if Petra could be more careful with her health results in Beijing would be totally different, heck even in this season if she wouldn't got ill before it. ES commentators laughing at Vika with her catsuit outfits and withdrawals form some tournaments but Vika is smart because she avoids 0 pointers, better looks for her health and creates more balanced schedule, why Petra can't do similar stuff but without turning into part-time GOAT like Rena?
Your points are very practical,but I suppose that my approach stems mostly from the attitude of not backing down from tough opponents.I'd like to see Petra at least reach the point where she doesn't look at the draw and,with trembling,fear facing certain players....She probably doesn't do that very much,yet a truly elite player shouldn't do it AT ALL

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Soccer=the RCC and Islam in terms of brainwashed,mindless fanatics who'll kill and maim for their stupid religion
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21st, 2012, 04:57 PM   #96
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

Sharapova, Radwanska, Kvitova, Errani in the white group.
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21st, 2012, 04:58 PM   #97
country flag ShiftyFella

Code:
Red Group: Azarenka, Serena, Kerber, Li 

White Group: Sharapova, Aga, Kvitova, Errani
Petra has good change of going 2-1 and Aga too if beats Pova
Old Oct 21st, 2012, 05:00 PM   #98
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future

best case scenario
paulmara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21st, 2012, 05:02 PM   #99
country flag pling

pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmara View Post
best case scenario
surely she must make it out of this group
pling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21st, 2012, 05:04 PM   #100
country flag Synth

Synth is a glorious beacon of light Synth is a glorious beacon of light Synth is a glorious beacon of light Synth is a glorious beacon of light Synth is a glorious beacon of light Synth is a glorious beacon of light Synth is a glorious beacon of light Synth is a glorious beacon of light Synth is a glorious beacon of light Synth is a glorious beacon of light Synth is a glorious beacon of light

This is definitely best cast scenario for Petra. Good group draw for her. Looking forward to see what improvements were made back in CR.
Synth is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21st, 2012, 05:06 PM   #101
country flag Holdsworth

Holdsworth is a splendid one to behold Holdsworth is a splendid one to behold Holdsworth is a splendid one to behold Holdsworth is a splendid one to behold Holdsworth is a splendid one to behold Holdsworth is a splendid one to behold Holdsworth is a splendid one to behold Holdsworth is a splendid one to behold Holdsworth is a splendid one to behold Holdsworth is a splendid one to behold Holdsworth is a splendid one to behold

Nice draw for Petra
Holdsworth is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21st, 2012, 05:20 PM   #102
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

The draw gods were very generous to Petra. I still stand by my prediction she'll reach the semis.

Errani
Petronius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21st, 2012, 05:29 PM   #103
country flag *O.R*

*O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute

Yay, Petra! A nice draw...should make the semis!

Petrova _ Stosur _ Kuznetsova _ Kanepi _ Rybarikova _ Makarova _ Hradecka _ K.Bondarenko _ Sharapova _ Vesnina _ Hantuchova _ Flipkens _ Jankovic _ Govortsova _ Krajicek _ Martic _ Lucic _ Cetkovska _ Rezai _ Peer _ Begu _ Dulgheru _ Arvidsson _ Larsson _ Hercog _ Mattek-Sands _ Scheepers _ Pliskovas _ Peng _ Minella _ Puchkova _ Voegele
*O.R* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21st, 2012, 05:31 PM   #104
country flag Sasja

Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute

Hoping in the white group Petra and Maria will qualify for the SF

DEL POTRO TSONGA MONFILS
LISICKI FLIPKENS MATTEK-SANDS ARVIDSSON KRAJICEK REZAI
Sasja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21st, 2012, 05:42 PM   #105
country flag *O.R*

*O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasja View Post
Hoping in the white group Petra and Maria will qualify for the SF
Me too, Petra and Maria are the best players in the group. !

Although, secretly I was hoping Sara would qualify to annoy everybody. But that definitely won't happen!

Petrova _ Stosur _ Kuznetsova _ Kanepi _ Rybarikova _ Makarova _ Hradecka _ K.Bondarenko _ Sharapova _ Vesnina _ Hantuchova _ Flipkens _ Jankovic _ Govortsova _ Krajicek _ Martic _ Lucic _ Cetkovska _ Rezai _ Peer _ Begu _ Dulgheru _ Arvidsson _ Larsson _ Hercog _ Mattek-Sands _ Scheepers _ Pliskovas _ Peng _ Minella _ Puchkova _ Voegele
*O.R* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote