Beijing R3: Kerber def Wozniacki 61 26 64 - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 4th, 2012, 10:56 PM   #76
country flag Geertvg
Team WTAworld

Geertvg has a reputation beyond repute Geertvg has a reputation beyond repute Geertvg has a reputation beyond repute Geertvg has a reputation beyond repute Geertvg has a reputation beyond repute Geertvg has a reputation beyond repute Geertvg has a reputation beyond repute Geertvg has a reputation beyond repute Geertvg has a reputation beyond repute Geertvg has a reputation beyond repute Geertvg has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Beijing R3: Kerber def Wozniacki 61 26 64

Ha.

Last.fm
Geertvg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 4th, 2012, 10:59 PM   #77
country flag cn ireland

cn ireland has a brilliant future cn ireland has a brilliant future cn ireland has a brilliant future cn ireland has a brilliant future cn ireland has a brilliant future cn ireland has a brilliant future cn ireland has a brilliant future cn ireland has a brilliant future cn ireland has a brilliant future cn ireland has a brilliant future cn ireland has a brilliant future

Kerber

Caro

Twitter: @NoelDoyle4
cn ireland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 11:25 PM   #78
country flag davidmario

davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
Pathetic first set. She played much better afterwards but she still dosen't have the mental strength to pull such a win off.

Some of her net attempts were laughable, she served some great aces in pressure situations though!

Low point of the match was the low-life spectator that yelled "out" midway through one of the longest rallies...some people
I hate to generalize but it is mainly Asians that show no tennis etiquette at all during the tournaments - and I say that having been to the French Open and Wimbledon several times. The Indians would bring all their kids to the grounds and they would be noisy and the parents wouldn't shut them quiet. Then I was at a match of Su-Wei and the Asian couple next to me was fist pumping and yelling "Come On" off her opponents Double Faults I actually filmed them coz I thought it was so hilarious.
Then the doubles in Wimbledon of Date-Krumm/Fujiwara they would clap on the most stupid mistakes by Hradecka/Hlavackova - like high-frequency clapping
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 11:26 PM   #79
country flag Raiden

Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane Lane View Post
Completely wrong.

Yes, Kerber struggles to generate her own pace, just look at her struggles against Errani. But, she's more of a counterpuncher in the classic sense, like peak Jankovic. She likes pace to redirect.

It's ridiculous how much the words counterpuncher and pusher have gotten muddled on this board courtesy of the Wozniacki era.
Indeed, it seems like Wozniaki has much greater influence than I thought (she changed and transformed tennis definitions like no one before her
Raiden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 12:08 AM   #80
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane Lane View Post
Completely wrong.

Yes, Kerber struggles to generate her own pace, just look at her struggles against Errani. But, she's more of a counterpuncher in the classic sense, like peak Jankovic. She likes pace to redirect.

It's ridiculous how much the words counterpuncher and pusher have gotten muddled on this board courtesy of the Wozniacki era.
Kerber is normally a classic counterpuncher (though she has become more "pushy" lately)
Peak Jankovic was pretty much just as much of a pusher as Wozniacki, except she was much better at it than her.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 12:42 AM   #81
country flag Kabibi

Kabibi has a reputation beyond repute Kabibi has a reputation beyond repute Kabibi has a reputation beyond repute Kabibi has a reputation beyond repute Kabibi has a reputation beyond repute Kabibi has a reputation beyond repute Kabibi has a reputation beyond repute Kabibi has a reputation beyond repute Kabibi has a reputation beyond repute Kabibi has a reputation beyond repute Kabibi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HipsterPova View Post
Caro

She played well and showed she can still run with the top girls, and for a set and half she was clearly they better player. And then she stuttered a little, and maybe hesitated about being aggressive.
It's rather sad if this is all that Caroline can hope for. This was a player who was ranked #1 not so long ago and her quality has plummeted to where a loss to anyone, at any round isn't a surprise.

Kabibi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 01:12 AM   #82
country flag Halepsova

Halepsova has disabled reputation

The only thing Caro should be proud of is there is still another Polish Sabine Lisicki who is ranked lower than her.
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 04:59 AM   #83
country flag Bronx19

Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of

Not a fan of Kerbers attitude lately. She used to be a fight to the death character, now she gets all sulky and dumps sets.
Bronx19 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 02:54 PM   #84
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

there's nothing better than a match were two counter-punchers are involved, such a great show for the sport it is! I love them both, but maybe Caroline needed that more. Hopefully she can stay positive and keep working a lot of things didn't work in that match, but something clearly started to shine in some moments and she definitely needs to hang on those, trust her shots more and keep working, I'm sure she can come back stronger than before next year!

and for the pusher-counterpuncher discussion, here both played like counterpunchers, taking risks and being aggressive when they had a chance

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 04:32 PM   #85
country flag sfan

sfan is just really nice sfan is just really nice sfan is just really nice sfan is just really nice sfan is just really nice sfan is just really nice sfan is just really nice sfan is just really nice sfan is just really nice sfan is just really nice sfan is just really nice

Angie can play better than this.

Roland Garros 2012 -

Maria Sharapova - Champion
Serena Williams - Kicked out in R1
sfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 05:10 PM   #86
country flag Deestruction
Two-timing...

Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute

Caro
Deestruction is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote