Generali Ladies, Linz 2012 - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 10th, 2012, 09:31 PM   #46
country flag JohnMcP

JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold
Re: Generali Ladies, Linz 2012

Thanks Ziva. That's good news -- but I'm not sure what it says about today's performance.

Last edited by JohnMcP : Oct 11th, 2012 at 01:07 PM.
JohnMcP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 10th, 2012, 09:48 PM   #47
country flag CillyUltra

CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Aberdon View Post
Ah OK, thanks Beaumont. Basically what has been said on here then. But fear not - Cilly says everything will be OK...it's not that bad. Really.
Well, obviously being active on this board makes impotent on reading.

I never said she or her team does everything right. What I'm talking about for quite some time is
  1. when you're injured or sick all the time you can't maintain a decent level of play, you can't work on your game, you can't become more consistent on your performances, you can't become more experienced in big stage matches, you can't become a better player, you can't uphold your ranking.

2. Furthermore, people who are questioning her attitude or dedication for this sport are as malicious as those who are suggesting Obama delivered that poor debate performance on purpose, because he isn't interested in his office anymore.
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 10:04 PM   #48
country flag Ziva

Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by CillyUltra View Post
Well, obviously being active on this board makes impotent on reading.

I never said she or her team does everything right. What I'm talking about for quite some time is
  1. when you're injured or sick all the time you can't maintain a decent level of play, you can't work on your game, you can't become more consistent on your performances, you can't become more experienced in big stage matches, you can't become a better player, you can't uphold your ranking.

2. Furthermore, people who are questioning her attitude or dedication for this sport are as malicious as those who are suggesting Obama delivered that poor debate performance on purpose, because he isn't interested in his office anymore.
1. We know that and we can read, but you actually said it was rather expected that she would lose this match, but cmon it was Achleitner ranked 156 or something, Sabines injury wasn't yesterday and she played much much better vs Azarenka. So this match had to be won.

2. As if one would question her overall dedication or attitude, only today it seemed not to be there like it normally is.

2013 Good Girl: Petra Kvitova
GG Race: Jankovic(+), Pironkova(F), Pennetta, Pavlyuchenkova(+), Halep(F), Ivanovic(MPbonus),Torro-Flor, Serena, CSN, Garcia, Cetkovska, Pliskova, Discount Sharapova(OD), Keys(F),Discount Sharapova, Serena, Venus, Wozniacki, Bencic(3ROD)
Ziva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2012, 12:16 AM   #49
country flag wagner1912

wagner1912 is a glorious beacon of light wagner1912 is a glorious beacon of light wagner1912 is a glorious beacon of light wagner1912 is a glorious beacon of light wagner1912 is a glorious beacon of light wagner1912 is a glorious beacon of light wagner1912 is a glorious beacon of light wagner1912 is a glorious beacon of light wagner1912 is a glorious beacon of light wagner1912 is a glorious beacon of light wagner1912 is a glorious beacon of light

I think we all Realized That played worse than what you can not do it today, and Certainly Seemed as if disoriented or something else.
She's at a time of much frustration and That costs a lot to recover and That should give impotence.
Sabine needs a change in the mentality at last Because you train to play better, but the mentality is what gets you to the top. Nobody Doubts Their conditions, but at the first failure does not react or later.
Maybe she need to rest and rearrange thoughts to feel better on the court.
Now if she have personnel issues is one thing, but do not think Because She always Displayed with joy and you would realize That, but on the court is When She looks sad.

The only one who can reverse this is sabine and in my case I will encourage through thick and thin
wagner1912 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2012, 02:42 AM   #50
country flag maturedgirl

maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick345 View Post
Yeah I wonder whether Stach is just soft or a coward, because he needs to have more of a working relationship with the German players (or because they are "friends").
thought about he knows more about why she is so out of it
wonder where her dad is/ did anyone say anything about?
thanks #cillultra for brainy posts and

Quote:
She looks sad.

The only one who can reverse this is sabine and in my case I will encourage through thick and thin
exactly this! ...for me she looked frustrated...but not careless! But I expected nothing than pathetic posts after a result like that

If you really like somebody you don't kick a woman when she is yet down. Respect is a thing that became rare these days
And if she won't play Luxembourg I won't blame her though it would be a real shame (for me) ... amen
maturedgirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2012, 04:41 AM   #51
country flag Ziva

Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future

Yeah wer all kick her, and you are the only nice fans who know exactly what she needs.

Face the facts, Michael said pretty much everything whats to say about her performance yesterday in the live scoring thread, it ain't pretty, but its what happened, we all saw it.
She was frustrated, wasnt able to adapt, mentaly gave up at some point and it ended nearly as bad as julias match vs. Radwanska at the AO.

Shit happens, we all have bad days, she could repair a bit of the damage in Luxemburg, if she can get her game going somehow, but she can not withdraw.
This would be the worst to go into the offseason after such a shamefull loss.

Getreten wird sie über alle Maßen auf FB und Twitter und das sehr unfair, einige hier machen da ja auch immer kräftig mit nicht wahr !!

Also lasst mal jedem seine Meinung und wenn 5 von 10, sowie die kommentatoren sagen sie war nicht voll bei der Sache, dann hat das nix mit bashing zutun.

Wir wollen doch alle nur das beste für die große blonde

Auf nach Luxemburg, kann nurnoch besser werden

GG Race: Jankovic(+), Pironkova(F), Pennetta, Pavlyuchenkova(+), Halep(F), Ivanovic(MPbonus),Torro-Flor, Serena, CSN, Garcia, Cetkovska, Pliskova, Discount Sharapova(OD), Keys(F),Discount Sharapova, Serena, Venus, Wozniacki, Bencic(3ROD)
Old Oct 11th, 2012, 12:31 PM   #52
country flag maurysicki

maurysicki is just really nice maurysicki is just really nice maurysicki is just really nice maurysicki is just really nice maurysicki is just really nice maurysicki is just really nice maurysicki is just really nice maurysicki is just really nice maurysicki is just really nice maurysicki is just really nice maurysicki is just really nice

I repeat it for months.

Sabine has absolutely need to rebuild phisically and mentally.
But first of all she must to rebuild itself mentally. Yesterday she played badly is true, but his opponent did not do anything to win. She did it all by herself giving points on points with errors on really easy balls. Would have been enough just to think and not throw the ball at 200 km to right and left closing her eyes. Would have been enough to win the match by playing bad as yesterday, and so do the players with using the brain, they win and pass over, also in a bad day.

Because I have not seen a decrease or lack of fitness, I've only seen a lack of head, hurry to close the points and the fear of losing. But we have seen some good shot during the match.
Because Sabine has talent. Now not knowing his personal affairs in his life, I will continue to think that this is only a problem of approach to the match that she can solve with the help of a good coach and a good team.

Of course my support to Sabine remains the same.

Peace.
maurysicki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2012, 01:22 PM   #53
country flag jetglo

jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagner1912 View Post
Now there's a phrase not heard nearly enough. Encourage, support, these are things fans do, outside of TF anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomerangkid View Post
thought about he knows more about why she is so out of it
wonder where her dad is/ did anyone say anything about?
thanks #cillultra for brainy posts and

exactly this! ...for me she looked frustrated...but not careless! But I expected nothing than pathetic posts after a result like that

If you really like somebody you don't kick a woman when she is yet down. Respect is a thing that became rare these days
And if she won't play Luxembourg I won't blame her though it would be a real shame (for me) ... amen
Agree 100% as usual.

I've watched Julia play the same kind of match, and more than once. I've heard some of the same posters here make the same predictions about her. Out of top 50 by the end of the season, even calling for her to retire.

Now that Julia is moving up the rankings rather than down, they're here with their "expert advice" and predicting powers. No thanks, it was bad enough reading that crap once.
jetglo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2012, 01:54 PM   #54
country flag Beaumont

Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all

I'm convinced there's something going on in Sabine's life that is affecting her

She's lost her sparkle, her eyes look dull, she looks unhappy

I think it's more than just poor form, I think it's something else and her terrible results are a consequence
Beaumont is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2012, 02:26 PM   #55
country flag Ziva

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetglo View Post
Now there's a phrase not heard nearly enough. Encourage, support, these are things fans do, outside of TF anyway.

Agree 100% as usual.

I've watched Julia play the same kind of match, and more than once. I've heard some of the same posters here make the same predictions about her. Out of top 50 by the end of the season, even calling for her to retire.

Now that Julia is moving up the rankings rather than down, they're here with their "expert advice" and predicting powers. No thanks, it was bad enough reading that crap once.
Well Julias Ranking was never in doubt for anyone who is able to calculate.
I wich in Sabines case it would be the same, she needs to win 2 or more matches in Luxemburg or she could get Azarenka, Serena etc. in Round one of the AO. I can already hear the moans over her bad draw then

Old Oct 11th, 2012, 02:27 PM   #56
country flag Ziva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaumont View Post
I'm convinced there's something going on in Sabine's life that is affecting her

She's lost her sparkle, her eyes look dull, she looks unhappy

I think it's more than just poor form, I think it's something else and her terrible results are a consequence

Well losing all the time does that to you after a while

Only thing i wonder about regarding her offcourt stuff is her father, where is he, whats wrong ?

Old Oct 11th, 2012, 02:59 PM   #57
country flag Beaumont

Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all

Yes, I agree with that 100%

Perhaps he's unwell, or maybe Sabine's parents are even having marital problems

I can tell she's unhappy, and even her social networking activities have been scaled down
Old Oct 11th, 2012, 05:20 PM   #58
country flag Ian Aberdon

Ian Aberdon has disabled reputation

Hopefully it's nothing to do with off the court.

Ich liebe dich nicht, du liebst mich nicht it's a braw moonlicht nicht the nicht
Ian Aberdon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2012, 05:38 PM   #59
country flag JohnMcP

JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold

Everyone was screaming "fire the coach" and "make some changes" and now are questioning why her father is not around. Perhaps she is indeed in the process of making those changes. I think Sabine has found comfort in the past in her parents and her routine with IMG and maybe getting outside this cocoon would be good for her. As oopposed to the many overbearing tennis parents who have forced themselves on their children, Sabine has the sweetest parents in the world, so her being sheltered has largely been her own doing. Therefore, we shouldn't be surprised if making these changes affects her emotionally.

I have no problem with people giving constructive criticism but what I can't understand to save my life is the anger that seems to be directed at Sabine. It seems to be directed by "fans" who simply have been following the wrong player all these years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CillyUltra View Post
[*]Furthermore, people who are questioning her attitude or dedication for this sport are as malicious as those who are suggesting Obama delivered that poor debate performance on purpose, because he isn't interested in his office anymore.[/list]
While my first instinct was to keep politics out of this forum, I think the analogy is right on point here. Obama never has been a cutthroat debater, so the anger directed at him this past week by his "supporters" for not being a cutthroat debater last week has left me confused. Likewise, the anger directed at Sabine after every headscratching defeat has left me befuddled. Just look at the Cheering Thread from the very beginning -- Sabine's career beginning at age 15 has been marked by mind-numbing victories followed by headscratching defeats. Why anyone would be surprised now is beyond me. No one wants to break out of this pattern more than Sabine, so directing anger at her is not only pointless, but mean-spirited. Let's continue to support her in her own efforts to turn the corner and realize her potential. She owes us nothing, so if you feel cheated by her, then I think it best to find another player to support.
JohnMcP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2012, 06:01 PM   #60
country flag Beaumont

JohnMcP,

You're right, she's always had a very close, precious relationship with her parents
However, her dad won an award for coach of the year in 2011, so I don't believe Sabine will have dumped him, that's just not her.
Her mum was in Linz, but no sign of dad at all. That seems strange to me, that he wasn't even there with them