Generali Ladies, Linz 2012 - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 10th, 2012, 06:34 PM   #31
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Generali Ladies, Linz 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziva View Post
But they were obviously right
Yeah I wonder whether Stach is just soft or a coward, because he needs to have more of a working relationship with the German players (or because they are "friends"). He didn´t say a damn thing about her performance till he called the 1st matchpoint saving world class. I wouldn´t even say she ballbashed from what I saw. She can certainly miss harder, but hardly worse. She just looked completely unmotivated and disinterested. This year has been a disaster and to be honest it could have been much worse. Jovanovski dominated the whole 3rd set in Wimbledon. Wasn´t Voegele up a break in the 3rd set at the Aussie Open? 11-17 off grass this year, 6-15 since February. But I have said my piece about her a long time ago and now you starting to come around. I still like her, but I follow the simple rule: If she doesn´t care, why should I?
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 10th, 2012, 06:42 PM   #32
country flag Ziva

Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future

Well, it's only normal that Stach isn't that hard on the German girls.
And yes he knows them all very well, and he does like Sabine

Overall a shitty Year, even the Highlights (AO+Wimbledo) could have been over in early Rounds with a tad bad luck.

Ranking will drop pretty fast in 2013 if she can't get out of this slump.

From this point on it can only get better regarding her form !

2013 Good Girl: Petra Kvitova
GG Race: Jankovic(+), Pironkova(F), Pennetta, Pavlyuchenkova(+), Halep(F), Ivanovic(MPbonus),Torro-Flor, Serena, CSN, Garcia, Cetkovska, Pliskova, Discount Sharapova(OD), Keys(F),Discount Sharapova
Ziva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 06:49 PM   #33
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute

Sabine

Andrea Petkovic - Sara Errani - Jarka Gajdosova - Alizé Cornet
Dorien. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 06:57 PM   #34
country flag Bodensee

Bodensee has much to be proud of Bodensee has much to be proud of Bodensee has much to be proud of Bodensee has much to be proud of Bodensee has much to be proud of Bodensee has much to be proud of Bodensee has much to be proud of Bodensee has much to be proud of Bodensee has much to be proud of Bodensee has much to be proud of Bodensee has much to be proud of

For me she do not looked unmotivated and disinterested. It was just a bad performance. We have seen, she have no tactic variants, if plan A not works. And i think currently she can not play better.
Bodensee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 07:24 PM   #35
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodensee View Post
For me she do not looked unmotivated and disinterested. It was just a bad performance. We have seen, she have no tactic variants, if plan A not works. And i think currently she can not play better.
Oh that is not just about this match. It´s about the fact that she is basically the same player she was, when she won Charleston in 2009. Has her movement improved, her fitness, her attitude, her point construction? I was on the case of Laura Robson and her bad attitude, lazy footwork and everything for a while. What did she do? Hired Murray´s fitness coach to work on those aspects of her game. Hired the biggest badass coach, who pushes players to the limit in every practice (even too far for my liking, but that is beside the point). Now she starts to come around and is able to fulfil her shotmaking potential. Half the shot is footwork. Footwork as the name suggests is work. I can´t blame Lisicki for being happy with her life, it´s a great life I guess, but to me it just seems she lacks that extra desire that the elite players have. Maybe she´ll find it eventually.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 07:31 PM   #36
country flag JohnMcP

JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all

I didn't get to see the match live (I followed it on the torture device otherwise known as Livescore)so I'm at a disadvantage as far as explaining what happened today, but I think (as usual) it is much too early to direct our anger at Sabine. From Livescore it looked like she came out firing her serves in the first game, after which everything seemed to fall off the cliff (especially her ability to serve). This seemed to me to point to an injury -- maybe a reaggravation of her abdominal injury which has continued to pop up through the entire year. From everyone's comments, it appears she was impatiently firing for winners, which would be consistent with some form of injury (although maybe more of a movement related one) -- trying to get the points over quickly knowing that your body won't hold up. One thing I can virtually guarantee is that she did not tank this match as these same comments that she seems "unmotivated" or "unconcerned" keep appearing. I'll say it again -- she holds in almost all of her negative energy and the only way I think she is capable of releasing it is through tears which she much prefers to do in the locker room. Again, I didn't see the match so I might be jumping to conclusions, but I think we all need to give time for the smoke to clear before we jump to conclusions about what is going on.
JohnMcP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 07:50 PM   #37
country flag CillyUltra

CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What ?

I hope you aren't serious, everyone saw that she didn't care at all in the end.
Yeah, that's why she didn't tank the match after being down 1*:4. Obviously her murky fans think she cares only when she cries.
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 07:51 PM   #38
country flag CillyUltra

CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Overall a shitty Year, even the Highlights (AO+Wimbledo) could have been over in early Rounds with a tad bad luck.

Ranking will drop pretty fast in 2013 if she can't get out of this slump.

From this point on it can only get better regarding her form !
Right. Better be in the Top 20 like Julia but achieve nothing notable.
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 08:08 PM   #39
country flag Ian Aberdon

Ian Aberdon has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaumont View Post
They were accusing her of not working hard enough on her weaknesses.

They were saying she doesn't use her head, she just smacks it really hard and has no idea what to do if it isn't working.

They were accusing her of having no patience, sometimes you need to work openings and she just tries to blast winners instead of moving her opponent around by dictating rallies

I could go on, they were not at all complimentary
Ah OK, thanks Beaumont. Basically what has been said on here then. But fear not - Cilly says everything will be OK...it's not that bad. Really.

Ich liebe dich nicht, du liebst mich nicht it's a braw moonlicht nicht the nicht
Ian Aberdon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 08:17 PM   #40
country flag JohnMcP

JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all

I think what Cilly is saying is to take a step back and look at Sabine's career more in the long term. If she keeps playing in her present form, then talking about immediate ranking points is completely meaningless. She needs to turn a corner much like Azarenka and I think the first step is to get healthy which will probably take the off-season. She came back in 2011 and I thought she had turned that corner, but she needs to learn how to maintain her health and consistency.
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 08:53 PM   #41
country flag maturedgirl

maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by CillyUltra View Post
Yeah, that's why she didn't tank the match after being down 1*:4. Obviously her murky fans think she cares only when she cries.
Der war gut .. frei nach dem Motto "wie sie es auch macht, is immer falsch"
the season is over but I hope she still reserved some energy 4 only one victory in Lux...

For the rest I agree w @JMcP (reimt sich, cool)
maturedgirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 08:56 PM   #42
country flag JohnMcP

One reason I would have liked to have watched the match is to have seen if Torsten Peschke was still her coach. Was he present at this match or was Beijing a one-time deal? I can't understand why he would have agreed to just one tournament and the last thing Sabine needs now is a different coach each tournament.
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 09:03 PM   #43
country flag Ziva

Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future

Quote:
??? i didn't say she wasn't trying and getting to 3-6 after 1*-4 WOW impressive two holds

Have you seen the match, after getting broken to love in second set after she did fire another easy ball 3 meters out, she was doing a whoops gesture with a little smile holding her racket in front of her face. She did that a few times.

Thats what i meant, it looked like she didn't care about the scoreline and her continuing facepalm errors.

Thank god she didn't cry because her haters would have loved that.

Quote:
Right. Better be in the Top 20 like Julia but achieve nothing notable.
Well i havent said that either, but Julia is able to stay in a certain Ranking range over the whole year, which is someting Sabine lacks big time and is something she needs to get those Highlights more often which she is able to pull off.

GG Race: Jankovic(+), Pironkova(F), Pennetta, Pavlyuchenkova(+), Halep(F), Ivanovic(MPbonus),Torro-Flor, Serena, CSN, Garcia, Cetkovska, Pliskova, Discount Sharapova(OD), Keys(F),Discount Sharapova
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 09:22 PM   #44
country flag Ziva

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMcP View Post
One reason I would have liked to have watched the match is to have seen if Torsten Peschke was still her coach. Was he present at this match or was Beijing a one-time deal? I can't understand why he would have agreed to just one tournament and the last thing Sabine needs now is a different coach each tournament.
Yes he was coaching her and her mother was also sitting in her box, her father wasn't there again.

The german commentator said that they are testing Peschke as her new coach at the moment.

Old Oct 10th, 2012, 09:31 PM   #45
country flag Ziva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick345 View Post
Oh that is not just about this match. It´s about the fact that she is basically the same player she was, when she won Charleston in 2009. Has her movement improved, her fitness, her attitude, her point construction? I was on the case of Laura Robson and her bad attitude, lazy footwork and everything for a while. What did she do? Hired Murray´s fitness coach to work on those aspects of her game. Hired the biggest badass coach, who pushes players to the limit in every practice (even too far for my liking, but that is beside the point). Now she starts to come around and is able to fulfil her shotmaking potential. Half the shot is footwork. Footwork as the name suggests is work. I can´t blame Lisicki for being happy with her life, it´s a great life I guess, but to me it just seems she lacks that extra desire that the elite players have. Maybe she´ll find it eventually.

I think this sums pretty much up what her problems are and what to do about it, first step new coach is in motion, we will see if he is the right one, currently i doubt that a bit.
She never got that charleston 2009 game back to date.