How was your first time ... getting mugged? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 6th, 2012, 11:03 AM   #1
country flag Mistress of Evil
mean-spirited, vicious bitch witch

Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute
Cool How was your first time ... getting mugged?

Hello, dear TFers! Remember how I shared with you my experience of getting my flying cherry popped ... well, little did I know I was on a cherry popping roll. Obviously, the next first time of mine was to be getting mugged/beaten up ...

Setting the scene:

What does the run-of-the-mill person do on Friday night? Probably get rat ass drunk. However, as the super nerd that I am I was in the library finishing off a seminar prep that had to be done ages ago & chatting with my dear friend Regina George. It was nice reconnecting with her and we even had a discussion over hate crimes and violence in general. Funny, isn't it? Anyway, so around 10.30 I was finally heading home and it was raining(as always) so had my hood on and Marina was blasting from my headphones. So as I was lipsyncing 'Sex, Sex Yeah' and out of the blue this kid get on a bike gets in front of me and starts talking but I am like get lost and start to walk away. Unfortunately, I fail to do so since I am suddenly kinda grasping for air. Apparently, someone is holding a metal stick around my neck and I am kinda chocking( choking on a stick might be fun, this wasn't)! So obviously I froze, panicked slowly got on the ground and didn't even scream. Though, I somehow crawled to the road and after a few kicks and some strangling the whole thing ended coz a few cars were coming and yeah the 'gang' bailed out. I should mention what I was caring: 5 pounds, my keys, ID card, mp3 player and a 19th century B&W cellphone. So what exactly did I get stolen from me? Wait for it >>> my fucking glasses the moron was like trying to get them off me the whole fucking time. Oh, I should probably mention that this happened like 200 meters before my room and that the 'gang' was riding BMXs and their average age was probably 13. The damages: a torn-up lip, a tiny scratch on my nose and one under my eye ( which just makes me looks even more of a vampire) and finally MY GLASSES. I just got them this last month I looked dashing in them, I loved them.

P.S. Since everyone(after seeing my eye) is asking what happened I was like: 'Oh well, the humiliation cannot get any worse why not share it with my virtual extended family as well.'
P.S. Oh, and embrace yourselves for this to turn into a monthly blog about cherry popping. I have no idea which one is up next but I know its coming.
Mistress of Evil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 6th, 2012, 11:14 AM   #2
country flag Sam L
blue swan

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How was your first time ... getting mugged?

OMG are you ok?

In the mood for love of Clio & Urania
Sam L is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 11:57 AM   #3
country flag Ciarán

Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute

I feel responsible . The irony . I hope I didn't keep you in the library longer than you should have been . I thought you were speaking from home. It's definitely not safe to travel anywhere, alone, at night, in any major UK cities. Sorry to hear. Hope you're OK! . Get yourself down to Specsavers!

Paszek, Chakvetadze, Vaidisova, Sharapova, Pavlyuchenkova & Vekic.
Ciarán is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 12:11 PM   #4
WowWow
mhmmm

WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you're OK.*

*considering what could have happened.
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 12:15 PM   #5
country flag MaBaker
★Serbian Sensation★

MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Светльо View Post
Hello, dear TFers! Remember how I shared with you my experience of getting my flying cherry popped ... well, little did I know I was on a cherry popping roll. Obviously, the next first time of mine was to be getting mugged/beaten up ...

Setting the scene:

What does the run-of-the-mill person do on Friday night? Probably get rat ass drunk. However, as the super nerd that I am I was in the library finishing off a seminar prep that had to be done ages ago & chatting with my dear friend Regina George. It was nice reconnecting with her and we even had a discussion over hate crimes and violence in general. Funny, isn't it? Anyway, so around 10.30 I was finally heading home and it was raining(as always) so had my hood on and Marina was blasting from my headphones. So as I was lipsyncing 'Sex, Sex Yeah' and out of the blue this kid get on a bike gets in front of me and starts talking but I am like get lost and start to walk away. Unfortunately, I fail to do so since I am suddenly kinda grasping for air. Apparently, someone is holding a metal stick around my neck and I am kinda chocking( choking on a stick might be fun, this wasn't)! So obviously I froze, panicked slowly got on the ground and didn't even scream. Though, I somehow crawled to the road and after a few kicks and some strangling the whole thing ended coz a few cars were coming and yeah the 'gang' bailed out. I should mention what I was caring: 5 pounds, my keys, ID card, mp3 player and a 19th century B&W cellphone. So what exactly did I get stolen from me? Wait for it >>> my fucking glasses the moron was like trying to get them off me the whole fucking time. Oh, I should probably mention that this happened like 200 meters before my room and that the 'gang' was riding BMXs and their average age was probably 13. The damages: a torn-up lip, a tiny scratch on my nose and one under my eye ( which just makes me looks even more of a vampire) and finally MY GLASSES. I just got them this last month I looked dashing in them, I loved them.

P.S. Since everyone(after seeing my eye) is asking what happened I was like: 'Oh well, the humiliation cannot get any worse why not share it with my virtual extended family as well.'
P.S. Oh, and embrace yourselves for this to turn into a monthly blog about cherry popping. I have no idea which one is up next but I know its coming.
To be fair, you kinda deserved it.
MaBaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 01:35 PM   #6
country flag kwilliams

kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute

That sounds pretty rough, especially as it was so close to home.

I've never been mugged, pick-pocketed or even hit, shoved or verbally abused. Hoping it stays that way!

http://flickr.com/photos/keithmaguire/
kwilliams is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 01:38 PM   #7
country flag Mikey.
Set me free, leave me be.

Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute

omg gurl I hope you're alright!
Mikey. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 02:14 PM   #8
Imperfect Angel

Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute

poor Slutlio.
Imperfect Angel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 02:40 PM   #9
country flag Sir Stefwhit

Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute

As coincidence would have it my mugging also happened one night I was coming home from the library as well. This was a million years ago back when I was in 9th grade. I've never concerned myself too much w.popular trends but I can say that I was one of the first kids in my area that had those air-pump tennis shoes. Most people on this board are probably too young to remember, but this was when the Nike Air-Force 180 Pump sneakers first came out back in 1992.

So anyway I was waiting for the bus and I guess it was too dark. I saw the bus just fine but the bus driver apparently didn't see me as the bus just passed me by. Perturbed and anxious to get home I decide to just go ahead walk. I grew up in Long Beach, California and he city gets a real bad rep. In actuality it's a beautiful city with some of the best neighborhoods in southern Ca, but downtown was a different story all together especially during the late 80's and early 90's- that was toward the height of those ridiculous gang wars.

So I walk pass these three guys and as I'm passing them by I hear them comment on my shoes. "Damn, he's got those Nike pumps," I hear one of them say. I actually got a little big headed and thought to myself, "yep I sure do suckahs". And before I could finish being proud I found myself gasping for air. One of the guys had run up behind me and wrapped is arm around my neck. It happened so quick I couldn't fully process what was happening. The other two guys grabbed my legs and proceeded to take my shoes off. Then I was thrown to the ground and they ran off. I was left standing there in my socks thinking to myself, "WTF!!?".

After the shock wore off I started crying and walked home in my socks.... My parents offered to buy me another pair I decided the pumps were not for me and declined the offer...
The REAL GOAT Rafael Nadal
Future Inductees: Clijsters, C.Evert, A.Agassi, A.Berasategui, N. Zvereva, I.Majoli, M.Safin, Li Na, VIKA, and Del Potro
Sir Stefwhit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 02:45 PM   #10
Olórin

Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear about that, but the most important thing is that you're ok.

I had my first and only mugging experience earlier this year. It actually ended up with the muggers running away with me in hot pursuit. Unfortunately I had just had lunch, was bloated and they escaped
Olórin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 02:45 PM   #11
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute

Haven't gotten mugged... yet

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live."
Sammo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 02:54 PM   #12
country flag saint2

saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute

What "getting mugged" means ? Getting robbed ? Getting beaten?

Anyway, if anyone would start to mess with me, he'd see my knife im careying with me.
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 03:36 PM   #13
country flag Super Dave

Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute
The only time I've been 'approached' was someone wanting me to buy drugs in Detroit.

I refused

Super Dave is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 03:45 PM   #14
Valanga
Tick Tock

Valanga has a reputation beyond repute Valanga has a reputation beyond repute Valanga has a reputation beyond repute Valanga has a reputation beyond repute Valanga has a reputation beyond repute Valanga has a reputation beyond repute Valanga has a reputation beyond repute Valanga has a reputation beyond repute Valanga has a reputation beyond repute Valanga has a reputation beyond repute Valanga has a reputation beyond repute

Where are you in Svetlio?

P.A.K.K
Suicide: 08 Montreal 08 Stuttgart 09 USO 11 Eastbourne Stanford 13 Sydney Highest ranked #03
Tennis Tipping: 09 Cincy D 10 Brisbane D Copenhagen SD 11 Palermo D Beijing S 12 Pattaya S Stuttgart Baku D 13 Palermo D 14 Monterrey D(SCHR: 17 DCHR: 10)
Valanga is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 04:03 PM   #15
country flag Bismarck.

Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute Bismarck. has a reputation beyond repute

So Manchester was a bad choice, then?
Bismarck. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote